Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Block8head defroster vent gauge pods (all 52mm varieties) with pictures. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66333)

Cheeseballs 05-21-2014 12:25 PM

Block8head defroster vent gauge pods (all 52mm varieties) with pictures.
 
Got mine (LHD double) within the time frame stated on his for sale post over at Mazda247. I've seen this pod mentioned in other threads scattered throughout the forums so decided to make a dedicated thread to make it easier for others to find. The other pictures were gathered from the giant gauge pod thread and put here for easier reference.

I'm not affiliated with Block8head in any way shape or form and I am not linking his sale thread as I do not want to break vendor rules of any sort. Just Google Block8head pod if you want to buy one.

Image provided by deucethemoose
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6sejb8zx.jpg


Image provided by Khorne
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/...psvj5snrux.jpg

Image provided by Chad86
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/...psg8nfqoif.jpg

soundman98 05-25-2014 12:43 PM

nice. how noticable is it from the outside? does it limit the view of the road at all near that a-pillar?

Chad86 03-06-2015 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundman98 (Post 1758608)
nice. how noticable is it from the outside? does it limit the view of the road at all near that a-pillar?

Necro bump.

:iono:

Cheeseballs 03-06-2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundman98 (Post 1758608)
nice. how noticable is it from the outside? does it limit the view of the road at all near that a-pillar?

Sorry for the late response.

Yes it is easily noticeable when peeking into the car. I have had people leave notes on my windshield asking to check out my turbo/supercharger even though my car has absolutely no indication of being modded aside from being on coilovers and having different wheels.

The area of the windsield near the A pillar that it blocks is so negligible, it is not even worth mentioning. I never notice it while driving.

soundman98 03-06-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheeseballs (Post 2159011)
Sorry for the late response.

Yes it is easily noticeable when peeking into the car. I have had people leave notes on my windshield asking to check out my turbo/supercharger even though my car has absolutely no indication of being modded aside from being on coilovers and having different wheels.

The area of the windsield near the A pillar that it blocks is so negligible, it is not even worth mentioning. I never notice it while driving.

thanks for the response.. i was kinda interested in this until that bolded section.. my car doesn't need anymore attention then it already gets.. i didn't get the car for attention, i got it for my own enjoyment.. i really just wanted to add a couple of gauges to the car to better know whats going on in my bone-stock engine..

protpibe 03-07-2015 12:43 AM

I have the block8head pod as well for my car, and it's nice, but I will admit that the novelty wears off fairly quickly. I have an AEM failsafe mounted there so its nice to see AFR and boost very easilly, but after a while it looks a little "boy racer". Unfortunately, there aren't many places to mount a gauge in the twins, so this ends up being a decent choice for lack of a better option.

hmong337 03-07-2015 08:45 AM

Subbed

Cheeseballs 03-09-2015 06:31 PM

Page updated with pictures of other 52mm options. I will add a wider shot of the LHD double at some point later on.

sickmint79 03-13-2015 12:21 AM

i got the dual gauge mount and some oil gauges over the winter - what's the trick to routing the wires through there ?

FullTuneZN6 03-19-2015 08:50 PM

i want triple gauge pod where and how do i get :drool:

dustmann 03-21-2015 03:18 PM

@Cheeseballs, how did you install your EGT probe? Is it in the stock or aftermarket header? I have the exact same pod and gauges and am about to do the install. Also, which runner did you put the probe in?

yomny 06-10-2015 09:38 PM

Just ordered a single and was wondering if anyone had any pics of how the wiring passes through to get to the vent. Does the AC duct have to be removed? Thanks.

@Cheeseballs

BRZtoni 06-11-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomny (Post 2282612)
Just ordered a single and was wondering if anyone had any pics of how the wiring passes through to get to the vent. Does the AC duct have to be removed? Thanks.

@Cheeseballs

i ordered mine about 4 days ago. i believe u must drill a small hole to wire through your air duct. the same way you would of done when doing
the AC vent pod made by ATI.

yomny 06-11-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZtoni (Post 2283190)
i ordered mine about 4 days ago. i believe u must drill a small hole to wire through your air duct. the same way you would of done when doing
the AC vent pod made by ATI.



So I'll need another hole on the top side of the AC duct? I already have one on the underside since I have my wideband gauge installed on the AC vent. You should get the pod first, if you happen to get this installed first please let me know how it looks in there. Thanks for the reply, any little bit of info helps, I usually try to mentally install things as to have everything ready once I actually go for the install. Pics always help show how these little unseen places look in our cars lol.

BRZtoni 06-11-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomny (Post 2282612)
Just ordered a single and was wondering if anyone had any pics of how the wiring passes through to get to the vent. Does the AC duct have to be removed? Thanks.

@Cheeseballs

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomny (Post 2283208)
So I'll need another hole on the top side of the AC duct? I already have one on the underside since I have my wideband gauge installed on the AC vent. You should get the pod first, if you happen to get this installed first please let me know how it looks in there. Thanks for the reply, any little bit of info helps, I usually try to mentally install things as to have everything ready once I actually go for the install. Pics always help show how these little unseen places look in our cars lol.

ill definetly take some pictures when i get the pods. im going to pre-install and wire most of it before my turbo gets here. then wire it all up when the turbo goes in the car.

protpibe 06-11-2015 02:24 PM

I'm selling my old single dash pod if anyone is interested

SkAsphalt 06-11-2015 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by protpibe (Post 2283463)
I'm selling my old single dash pod if anyone is interested

How mucho?

dustmann 06-12-2015 09:34 AM

Block8head defroster vent gauge pods (all 52mm varieties) with pictures.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yomny (Post 2282612)
Just ordered a single and was wondering if anyone had any pics of how the wiring passes through to get to the vent. Does the AC duct have to be removed? Thanks.

@Cheeseballs


Hi yomny, I didn't drill anything when I installed my dual vent pod with egt and oil temp/pressure. The gauge pod has a hole in the back so the wires will run parallel with the duct and down beside it. I don't have any pics, but it's easier if you pop the defrost vent out and the round ac vent (it should just slide right out). That'll give you room to run wires behind your dash through the hole in your firewall or to the fuse box. I ran mine beside the ac duct and it's a tight fit but everything snapped back together and I don't notice any airflow disruption.

Ninja edit: the duct and the ac vent aren't connected, there is a tiny bit of room to snake wires between them if you wanted to do a vent pod, but trimming may be necessary for the round ac gauge mount. The defrost pod mounted just fine as is though in my case.

yomny 06-12-2015 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustmann (Post 2284477)
Hi yomny, I didn't drill anything when I installed my dual vent pod with egt and oil temp/pressure. The gauge pod has a hole in the back so the wires will run parallel with the duct and down beside it. I don't have any pics, but it's easier if you pop the defrost vent out and the round ac vent (it should just slide right out). That'll give you room to run wires behind your dash through the hole in your firewall or to the fuse box. I ran mine beside the ac duct and it's a tight fit but everything snapped back together and I don't notice any airflow disruption.

Ninja edit: the duct and the ac vent aren't connected, there is a tiny bit of room to snake wires between them if you wanted to do a vent pod, but trimming may be necessary for the round ac gauge mount. The defrost pod mounted just fine as is though in my case.


Really appreciate your response, that helps put things into perspective. I've never taken a look back there but is good to know there's space to move things around. I have my AC duct gauge installed and I know things are mostly hollow back there as well as being able to access it through the side panel but thought that the defrost vent was attached to the AC duct since air comes out of it. I'll pop the side panel and the defrost vent out today and check things out.

protpibe 06-12-2015 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkAsphalt (Post 2283527)
How mucho?


40$ plus maybe 10$ to ship it? I have one of those ATI ac vent pods with reduced ring for another 30$ if you want

CAD funds of course :)

yomny 06-18-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustmann (Post 2284477)
Hi yomny, I didn't drill anything when I installed my dual vent pod with egt and oil temp/pressure. The gauge pod has a hole in the back so the wires will run parallel with the duct and down beside it. I don't have any pics, but it's easier if you pop the defrost vent out and the round ac vent (it should just slide right out). That'll give you room to run wires behind your dash through the hole in your firewall or to the fuse box. I ran mine beside the ac duct and it's a tight fit but everything snapped back together and I don't notice any airflow disruption.

Ninja edit: the duct and the ac vent aren't connected, there is a tiny bit of room to snake wires between them if you wanted to do a vent pod, but trimming may be necessary for the round ac gauge mount. The defrost pod mounted just fine as is though in my case.

So the defrost vent just pops up? I'll be getting this in this weekend and want to make sure I don't brake anything I don't need to lol.

dustmann 06-18-2015 11:37 PM

Yep, mine was a little stubborn coming out, but it will pop out with some coaxing. I actually had more trouble getting the pod to snap into place afterwards, but I blame that on the mass of wiring that I jammed into the gauge pod lol

BRZtoni 06-19-2015 10:49 AM

I just received my pod and wow I must say Im very impressed
uses a Subaru part and molds a pod onto it and blend/paint
very OEMISH and im very happy with the quality. will take pics when I have time

yomny 06-19-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZtoni (Post 2292775)
I just received my pod and wow I must say Im very impressed
uses a Subaru part and molds a pod onto it and blend/paint
very OEMISH and im very happy with the quality. will take pics when I have time



Got mine today as well, same batch I guess :w00t: Shipped very quick.. just how business should be.. pay, get part.. good stuff lol. Let me know how the install goes.. im thinking of going under or through the AC vent to remove the defrost vent, although im told it pops right out but looking at the pod.. seems to have pretty sturdy clips to engage onto the dash. Hope to get this in today.. cant wait.

yomny 06-19-2015 06:35 PM

Couldn't wait and got this in asap.. gotta say the pod doesn't really leave much room if any at all for mechanical gauges with thick wiring or vacuum lines behind it. Fortunately had my AEM wideband relocated to the pod and the automata boost in the AC vent.


http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...7B5D8F4200.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...0F29880770.jpg

Teclis 03-20-2016 10:46 AM

First off, sorry about necro the thread..

But anyone have any tips for getting this unit back in?
Removing the defroster part was easy, but I can't get the pod in :iono::sigh:

UPDATE: Got the pod into place, all you gotta do is use force and wiggle it..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.