Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Too many cars, not enough garage space (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55374)

ayau 01-10-2014 01:13 AM

Too many cars, not enough garage space
 
Not a fan of parking cars outside. Haven't been able to figure out a remedy for this yet besides getting a bigger garage ($$$) or selling some cars. :iono:

I'm not married and have 3 cars, lol.

1. BRZ (daily summer)
2. ITR (weekend toy/IDGAF cheap track toy)
3. Civic Hybrid (daily driver/winter beater)

Anyone else have this issue? :brokenheart:

subwaynm 01-10-2014 01:37 AM

I'm not married and have four cars

1. Super Beetle
2. Super Beetle
3. Tacoma P/U
4. FR-S

OmarGC 01-10-2014 01:39 AM

I'll have to snap a pic for u whenever I do it next, probably will be a while with all the snow and the wrx pulled apart currently. But I pull 2 cars in straight as I normally would, and then parallel park the third car behind those 2(perpendicular opposed to them). Had 4 cars before getting married, now have 3 myself and she has her own. Her car only gets garage space when I feel like being nice lol

Wife hates me :)

boxer 2.5 01-10-2014 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmarGC (Post 1443045)
I'll have to snap a pic for u whenever I do it next, probably will be a while with all the snow and the wrx pulled apart currently. But I pull 2 cars in straight as I normally would, and then parallel park the third car behind those 2(perpendicular opposed to them). Had 4 cars before getting married, now have 3 myself and she has her own. Her car only gets garage space when I feel like being nice lol

Wife hates me :)

with an RB26 280 I don't blame you one bit! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sklimo 01-10-2014 01:46 AM

Wow rich people problems

njccmd2002 01-10-2014 03:53 AM

i have 8 cars.... i rent storage for 2 3 are garaged, 2 outside and the next one is on the way by the stork..

Shagaliscious 01-10-2014 06:18 AM

Get one of these.
http://www.autotraderclassics.com/im...pt2/205406.jpg

Grimlock 01-10-2014 07:53 AM

I'm not married. I have my Summer daily driver BRZ, my Summer weekend Miata, and my do-anything-go-anywhere 2WD base model Ranger. The Ranger sits outside, which is fine. But the main reason I don't get more cars is because I wouldn't want to kick either of my two sportscars out of the garage.

Soclose09 01-10-2014 08:16 AM

not married but all 3 rides is sitting at my parent's while i'm deployed in korea.

my 09 camry. 13 frs and my 06 r6 ... getting another ride next year if i get stationed in hawaii (hopefully)

n2oinferno 01-10-2014 08:26 AM

The only thing we own is a Camry... fuck you. :D

Haha, kidding. But I understand. Our "two car" garage will likely barely just fit the Camry and a FRZ, and that's still really tight and I'll have to rearrange my toolboxes and everything.

Kimsey47 01-10-2014 08:33 AM

I have so many cars that its easier to tell you what I don't have... They're all stored in my undervolcano garage on my secret island.

Chee-Hu 01-10-2014 11:22 AM

First world country problems...

I'm with @Shagaliscious on installing lift(s) in your current garage. It seems that $ isn't a problem, so have at it and post pics afterwards!

Dave-ROR 01-10-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayau (Post 1442987)
Not a fan of parking cars outside. Haven't been able to figure out a remedy for this yet besides getting a bigger garage ($$$) or selling some cars. :iono:

I'm not married and have 3 cars, lol.

1. BRZ (daily summer)
2. ITR (weekend toy/IDGAF cheap track toy)
3. Civic Hybrid (daily driver/winter beater)

Anyone else have this issue? :brokenheart:

BRZ and M3 shared the garage. GS-R track car sits outside. Race car sits in a different garage.

For you, leave the Civic outside. BRZ has to stay clean to sell and ITR is a theft target.

Dave-ROR 01-10-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2oinferno (Post 1443331)
The only thing we own is a Camry... fuck you. :D

Haha, kidding. But I understand. Our "two car" garage will likely barely just fit the Camry and a FRZ, and that's still really tight and I'll have to rearrange my toolboxes and everything.

Yeah my garage has shelving units all around for storage, one car backed in, one driven forward in so doors both open in the middle and there's still shit stored between the two cars lol I need to sell some shit.

Dave-ROR 01-10-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chee-Hu (Post 1443654)
First world country problems...

I'm with @Shagaliscious on installing lift(s) in your current garage. It seems that $ isn't a problem, so have at it and post pics afterwards!

Besides the BRZ none of the OPs cars are particularly expensive..... All three of my other cars cost less than the BRZ and one I've had since 2000, the race car for 4 years, etc. Not that hard to own multiple cars if you want to.

I can't install a lift, too low of ceilings :)

Chee-Hu 01-10-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 1443774)
Besides the BRZ none of the OPs cars are particularly expensive..... All three of my other cars cost less than the BRZ and one I've had since 2000, the race car for 4 years, etc. Not that hard to own multiple cars if you want to.

I can't install a lift, too low of ceilings :)

My first world country statement was derived from the not wanting to park outside and less about owning multiple cars. Hell, I own 3 with 2 having been paid off years ago. But those remain outside while the newer cars stay in the garage. I'd get murdered with having the thought of purchasing a bigger garage just so that I can keep all cars inside. :thumbsup:

Dave-ROR 01-10-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chee-Hu (Post 1443826)
My first world country statement was derived from the not wanting to park outside and less about owning multiple cars. Hell, I own 3 with 2 having been paid off years ago. But those remain outside while the newer cars stay in the garage. I'd get murdered with having the thought of purchasing a bigger garage just so that I can keep all cars inside. :thumbsup:

Gotcha :thumbup:

I decide which goes in the garage by:
-Theft target? (ITR was worth less than some of my other cars when I had one but I *never* left it outside since it most likely wouldn't be there the next morning)
-Value
-Soft top (when I had an S2000)

Technically the M3 is older than my track car but it's still inside. GS-R is a bit of a theft target but has no steering wheel installed and is gutted, rusty and looks like shit so no one bothers with it...

Diode Dynamics 01-10-2014 12:37 PM

I can't wait to get a house....stupid covered parking at my apartment is borderline worthless

Nick C.

Chee-Hu 01-10-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 1443846)
Gotcha :thumbup:

I decide which goes in the garage by:
-Theft target? (ITR was worth less than some of my other cars when I had one but I *never* left it outside since it most likely wouldn't be there the next morning)
-Value
-Soft top (when I had an S2000)

Technically the M3 is older than my track car but it's still inside. GS-R is a bit of a theft target but has no steering wheel installed and is gutted, rusty and looks like shit so no one bothers with it...

I was in the same boat before getting rid of all my theft-prone cars: stock 92 Civic hb SI w/ full Mugen kit and EG6 25th anni interior, stock EM1 and RSX-S. If it weren't for them attracting thieves, I would have left them on the driveway and kept the Lexus inside lol. I'm glad they're gone now though. Less to worry about. The beater Civic I could park on the next block without losing any sleep at night.

ftc~brz 01-10-2014 12:48 PM

I wish I had a garage.

ayau 01-10-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 1443764)
BRZ and M3 shared the garage. GS-R track car sits outside. Race car sits in a different garage.

For you, leave the Civic outside. BRZ has to stay clean to sell and ITR is a theft target.

I'm considering not selling the BRZ and just using it as a summer commuter. I'm OK with letting the ITR sit in the garage and used only for track events since it's relatively cheap. :iono: Civic can be the winter beater/IDGAF car.

dem00n 01-10-2014 02:39 PM

There are always ways...

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18vb.../ku-xlarge.png

rice_classic 01-10-2014 03:24 PM

I need a 3 car garage with a 3 car shop and an RV/Trailer stall.

Yes, yes that would do. But alas, all I have is a 3 car garage and an HOA. :(

Shagaliscious 01-10-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chee-Hu (Post 1443654)
First world country problems...

I'm with @Shagaliscious on installing lift(s) in your current garage. It seems that $ isn't a problem, so have at it and post pics afterwards!

They actually aren't that expensive. You can get a 7,000lb lift for around $2k. I think that's pretty reasonable.

BlueDubbinTDI 01-10-2014 04:58 PM

I too wish I had a garage...

AVodka14 01-10-2014 05:15 PM

I had 3 vehicles. 07 CBR 600RR, 2005 Scion tC, and the FRS. The FRS and CBR were in a garage. The tC in a car port. I sold the CBR last Spring. The tC is for sale now. Therefore, I will only have one car to think about. Garage kept is the best way to go. Yet the 86 is something I am cool with sitting outside because it will eventually be paid off and I will keep it to be my backup to another car down the road.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.