Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Perrin Frontpipe Alternative (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55162)

JohnAyySays 01-07-2014 02:08 PM

Perrin Frontpipe Alternative
 
Hello Everyone, So I've decided on purchasing a Perrin 2.5" Resonated Catback exhaust and plan to add the perrin overpipe and also a frontpipe. I know that Perrin stopped production of there frontpipe:cry: and was wondering from you guys what would be an alternative frontpipe. I really loved the sound ofthe full headerback system so I'm really looking to achieve the same sound as the perrin frontpipe and also the build quality. Thanks again guys!

JDKane527 01-07-2014 02:21 PM

Berk 2.5" Catted front pipe
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48927

Purchase link:
http://counterspacegarage.com/produc.../berk-hfc.html

Catless purchase link:
http://counterspacegarage.com/produc...test-pipe.html

JohnAyySays 01-07-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchy (Post 1436121)
another two options.

Nameless DP/OP combo (you can get it catted and resonated or without)

Ark resonated catless front pipe (i have this mated to a perrin 2.5 resonated CBE and it sounds great)

Do you have any sound clips? WOuld greatly appreciate it(:

Kimsey47 01-07-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAyySays (Post 1435975)
Hello Everyone, So I've decided on purchasing a Perrin 2.5" Resonated Catback exhaust and plan to add the perrin overpipe and also a frontpipe. I know that Perrin stopped production of there frontpipe:cry: and was wondering from you guys what would be an alternative frontpipe. I really loved the sound ofthe full headerback system so I'm really looking to achieve the same sound as the perrin frontpipe and also the build quality. Thanks again guys!

I must have missed when this occurred... When and why did they stop making the front pipe?! :cry:

JohnAyySays 01-07-2014 05:24 PM

@Marchy Appreciate it! @Kimsey47 I believe it was because of emissions...:cry:

hunter3232792 01-07-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAyySays (Post 1435975)
Hello Everyone, So I've decided on purchasing a Perrin 2.5" Resonated Catback exhaust and plan to add the perrin overpipe and also a frontpipe. I know that Perrin stopped production of there frontpipe:cry: and was wondering from you guys what would be an alternative frontpipe. I really loved the sound ofthe full headerback system so I'm really looking to achieve the same sound as the perrin frontpipe and also the build quality. Thanks again guys!

why dont you look at the for sale part of the forum and look for a perrin front pipe if not i use the j2 frontpipe it was cheap and have had no problems

JohnAyySays 01-07-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchy (Post 1436490)

Contacted him already, he has a buyer:cry:

Kimsey47 01-07-2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAyySays (Post 1436453)
@Marchy Appreciate it! @Kimsey47 I believe it was because of emissions...:cry:

http://writerwithacause.files.wordpr...rying-baby.jpg

Tylub 01-07-2014 06:12 PM

@PERRIN so... what of the warranty? :o

Blood 01-07-2014 06:40 PM

P&L also makes a frontpipe that has a cat as an option.

http://pandlmotorsports.com/shop/pl-...-s-front-pipe/

PERRIN 01-07-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tylub (Post 1436544)
@PERRIN so... what of the warranty? :o

Warranty stands as it was the day you purchased the part, no change.

tonystewart 01-07-2014 07:11 PM

Nameless Overpipe/FrontPipe with a catalytic converter and a helmholtz resonator is my current choice. Great build quality, flanges are top notch, the sound cancellation of the resonator offsets the horrible raspy drone created by the current equal length header and its tune.

ramiram1984 01-07-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAyySays (Post 1436504)
Contacted him already, he has a buyer:cry:

Hey man. I have the front pipe (shipping would be out of country and am not too keen on that. I have a Perrin 2.5" resonated cat back as well. And a Perrin overpipe.
If you don't mind paying shipping, I can let this go to you.

IAmNotTheDriftKing 01-08-2014 01:18 AM

I recommend the Nameless OP/frontpipe combo, or the Motiv OP+frontpipe combo over at FT86speedfactory. They are both around 500 bucks for the catted version(if I am not mistaken). I know the Motiv one is around 500 bucks though.

FT-86 SpeedFactory 01-08-2014 08:24 AM

Motiv is the way to go. High quality like the Perrin. :)

lickitysplit 01-08-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory (Post 1437615)
Motiv is the way to go. High quality like the Perrin. :)

Motiv would be my second choice after perrin as well


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.