Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Is your car on RCE Yellows? Let's see your wheels! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54568)

husker741 12-30-2013 04:31 AM

Is your car on RCE Yellows? Let's see your wheels!
 
So I'm trying to figure out what size and offset I should get for wheels. I also need to figure out sizing for the tires. I've looked and found a few people with these springs that have different wheels, but they are scattered throughout the forum. If you would, please post a picture of your car with its Yellows with the wheels, and then list all the specs for the wheels and tires.

I know that there is a great guide for fitment in this section, but I want to see pictures to see just how it looks. Also, if any camber adjustments or anything else has been tweaked, please also list that.

:thanks:

BlueDubbinTDI 12-30-2013 06:35 AM

Im still debating on whether or not I should install the Pro Kit sitting in the trunk or return them for the Sportlines that I originally wanted. XXR 530s already on the way. Subbed for height drop pics.

frslee 12-30-2013 09:34 AM

So I guess other people with Eibach Pro Kit and Hotchikis springs can also upload their pics since they all lower 1"?

ATL BRZ 12-30-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frslee (Post 1419174)
So I guess other people with Eibach Pro Kit and Hotchikis springs can also upload their pics since they all lower 1"?

RCE Yellows only lower .8" or 20mm

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1419012)
So I'm trying to figure out what size and offset I should get for wheels. I also need to figure out sizing for the tires. I've looked and found a few people with these springs that have different wheels, but they are scattered throughout the forum. If you would, please post a picture of your car with its Yellows with the wheels, and then list all the specs for the wheels and tires.

I know that there is a great guide for fitment in this section, but I want to see pictures to see just how it looks. Also, if any camber adjustments or anything else has been tweaked, please also list that.

:thanks:

18x8 +45 Enkei Raijin with 235/35/18 BFG GForce TA on RCE Yellows


http://i.imgur.com/BaqG0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kVjGLY2.jpg

PoorMansRacing 12-30-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATL BRZ (Post 1419205)
RCE Yellows only lower .8" or 20mm

That's really clean. I am considering Racecomp's springs since it maintains most of the OEM ride height. Glad to finally see a pic with them installed. :w00t:

ATL BRZ 12-30-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRZTimeTrials (Post 1419209)
That's really clean. I am considering Racecomp's springs since it maintains most of the OEM ride height. Glad to finally see a pic with them installed. :w00t:

:thanks: Tons more pics in my build thread.

BlueDubbinTDI 12-30-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frslee (Post 1419174)
So I guess other people with Eibach Pro Kit and Hotchikis springs can also upload their pics since they all lower 1"?

This is why I'm here, didn't mean to derail the thread.

husker741 12-30-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI (Post 1419054)
Im still debating on whether or not I should install the Pro Kit sitting in the trunk or return them for the Sportlines that I originally wanted. XXR 530s already on the way. Subbed for height drop pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by frslee (Post 1419174)
So I guess other people with Eibach Pro Kit and Hotchikis springs can also upload their pics since they all lower 1"?

Technically the reason I'm asking for only RCE Yellow owners is because it's less of a drop than those springs you mentioned. But if those owners want to also, I guess it's close enough. I just want to see what people are doing and how they like the fitment.

Clipdat 12-30-2013 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a pic at lunch just for you. RCE Yellows, wheels are 17x9 +45, Toyo T1 Sport 245/40 tire, 3mm spacer in front.

ZionsWrath 12-30-2013 04:51 PM

Rub in rear?

Clipdat 12-30-2013 04:52 PM

No signs of rubbing front or rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1420050)
Rub in rear?


MaXimus 12-31-2013 04:29 AM

Hey Husker741,

Here you go, RCE Yellows, Crash camber bolts top and bottom strut (-1.8 Camber) on 17x9 Volk TE37V wrapped with cr!p Dunlop DZ101 245/40/17 rubber square.

http://i.imgur.com/emlTqx7.jpg
Sorry, only close up.

http://i.imgur.com/XHZ6n5u.jpg


http://i.imgur.com/lrBgfs1.jpg


http://i.imgur.com/vMy2cFw.jpg

No rubbing issues, everything works perfect.

Cheers,

Sam

BlueDubbinTDI 12-31-2013 08:45 AM

And front shots of these cars? I wanna see the poke in the front, that's my biggest concern.

Clipdat 12-31-2013 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few which should help show the poke from the front, keep in mind these are +45 with a 3mm spacer for an effective +42 front offset.

mav1178 12-31-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATL BRZ (Post 1419205)
RCE Yellows only lower .8" or 20mm

Same with Ohlins R&T.

http://i.imgur.com/Moc7Xtp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UfgPqoa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Z8t4Oh6.jpg

-alex

husker741 01-02-2014 03:16 PM

Bump. MOAR

suaveflooder 01-02-2014 03:34 PM

Need more pics as well

husker741 01-02-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav1178 (Post 1421922)

Specs? Any camber adjustment?

fender9530 01-02-2014 04:02 PM

Not the best picture but... 17x8 +45 Enkei PF01 on stock tires. Debating 225s or 235s next.

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps1b996b15.jpg

kask2_6.0 01-02-2014 07:50 PM

RCE Yellows w/ 17x9 +35 rear and 17x8 +42 front

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...psdf90fae2.jpg

infinite012 01-03-2014 08:31 AM

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-j...o/IMG_1680.jpg

RCE Yellows, Avarus AV8 18x8 +48, 245/35/18 Continental DW

husker741 01-04-2014 11:18 AM

Bump

Clint520 01-04-2014 03:09 PM

Is your car on RCE Yellows? Let's see your wheels!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 62121

18x9 +40 225 square!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fstlane 01-04-2014 08:27 PM

RCE Yellow springs, factory struts, 17x9+42 Rota Titans, 245/40R17 Direzza ZIIs, 10mm spacers (front),- 2.6° camber (front), -1.6° camber (rear).
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...psz6124ubq.jpghttp://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...psex9nfkqu.jpg[Uhttp://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...pstvct1cst.jpg
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...psfegxmrly.jpg
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...psxeeljwi4.jpg

BlueDubbinTDI 01-04-2014 08:30 PM

What did you use to camber the front so much? and why the front spacers?

ScionFR-S 01-04-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint520 (Post 1429910)
Attachment 62121

18x9 +40 225 square!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ru running ? What kind of drop

fstlane 01-04-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDubbinTDI (Post 1430425)
What did you use to camber the so much? and why the front spacers?

I'm running maxed out HVT camber plates and OEM crash bolts. Everthing cleared without the spacers but the strut perch clearance was very tight (pic below) with the bolts. The tires also slightly rubbed the swaybar on full lock. I went with 10mm spacers as it maximized front track width while remaining inside the fender well. It also squares the track widths as the rear is 20mm wider than the front from the factory. In addition, I thought the front tires looked a little too tucked inboard running this much camber.


http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/...ps34a1fdb8.jpg

husker741 01-06-2014 02:33 PM

Bump. Keep it going, friends!

ZionsWrath 01-06-2014 10:10 PM

Anyone running 8.5 / 9.5 +45 wheels on RCE yellows? Anyone running 8.5 +45 front with OEM camber bolt and RCE yellow? What size tires if you are?

Want to know if any rubbing issues? I want these springs or maybe STI pink but a little concerned it will rub.

OrbitalEllipses 01-06-2014 10:28 PM

I can guarantee 9.5 +45 will rub on anything near stock size spring perches.

whataboutbob 01-07-2014 12:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
17x9et35 RPF1s w 245/40R17 Z2s. -2 3/8 ft camber, -1.8 rear.

whataboutbob 01-07-2014 01:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe one of the best shots yet for the car.

ZionsWrath 01-07-2014 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 1434641)
I can guarantee 9.5 +45 will rub on anything near stock size spring perches.

On rear? Im talking stagger

OrbitalEllipses 01-07-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1435144)
On rear? Im talking stagger

Front for sure. Rear? Check the wheel guide. I'd say ask @King Tut, but no one can see him. You could ask @Jive Turkey too.

King Tut 01-07-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1435144)
On rear? Im talking stagger

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 1435662)
Front for sure. Rear? Check the wheel guide. I'd say ask @King Tut, but no one can see him. You could ask @Jive Turkey too.

You won't see this post right now, but I will answer anyways. They will work just fine on the rear. The only thing to watch is the bracket that connects to the lower control arm that holds the parking brake cable in place. I bent mine in to get a little more clearance between the bracket and the tire.

ZionsWrath 01-07-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 1435662)
Front for sure. Rear? Check the wheel guide. I'd say ask @King Tut, but no one can see him. You could ask @Jive Turkey too.

I'm asking in this thread about specific sizes on these springs, not trying to guess work and check guides. Wanting to see someone with this setup and how it fits. ^_^

OrbitalEllipses 01-07-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1436949)
I'm asking in this thread about specific sizes on these springs, not trying to guess work and check guides. Wanting to see someone with this setup and how it fits. ^_^

Whatever you said, all I read was "I like to ignore the wisdom of my predecessors and use the tools already available to me." People have had trouble fitting 9.5" +45 wheels on aftermarket threaded-body coilovers that have a narrower spring-perch. Does that make sense to you?

:search:

ZionsWrath 01-07-2014 09:43 PM

Show me? I haven't seen those threads of 9.5 +45 not fitting in rear with coils.

mav1178 01-08-2014 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker741 (Post 1425423)
Specs? Any camber adjustment?

Front is -2, rear is -1.5.


Work VS-XX (PG)
18x9" +34
18x9.5" +39

Toyo Proxes T1 Sport
245/35-18
255/35-18

The tires are a lot more square than other similar tires, hence the "tight" fitment.

-alex

ZionsWrath 01-13-2014 11:16 AM

Moar


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.