![]() |
6000K or 8000K HIDs?
Hey, I was looking at getting some nice HIDs for my frs but I'm not sure whether I should get the 6kk or the 8kk. I personally like a bluish look to the headlights but I don't want to look too Ricey.
I was planning on getting them from diode dynamics but currently all their 6kks are sold out and through the forums, I mostly see people get 6kks. I have a whiteout frs if that makes a difference, just looking for some opinions. |
If you actually want to see at night go 6000k
|
Don't get 8000k unless you are willing to spend more money on tickets. 6000k is good enough to allow you to see at night and also looks nice.
|
I think you might be trying to substitute cutoff color with temp color. Most of the blue you see on OEM cars is coming from the "color band" in the cutoff. Not the bulbs themselves which are typically 4300K-5000K bulbs.
|
read this
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs_tech_hid_bulbs.php http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs...lbs.php#kelvin and order from these guys. |
Oh god. Both are wrong.
4300K or MAXIMUM of 5000K. Anything more and you're hurting your night vision. |
5k is pure white and has the best light output. 6k is "diamond" and gets the smallest of blue in it without hurting light output horribly. 8k will just get you pulled over more (or any of them if you dont adjust the squirel finder right)
|
6000k! Waiting on diode as well.
|
Just FYI:
ALL cars on the road that have OEM HIDs installed must be 4300K based on US Laws which allow them to be DOT legal. The slight blue hue you see around the lights of say BMW's for example is simply a very well designed projector lens and light housing. You only see this blue hue when you are outside of the lights beam/path. A properly designed or build headlamp assembly with 4300K HIDs will have the best output in terms of Lumen count. A simple rule of thumb: When it comes to HIDs, 4300K is the brightest, whitest light you can get with minimal blue hue. It gives the highest Lumen rating. Once you go above 6000K, your lumen output drops off substantially. Stick with 4300K to 6000K for the best combination of pleasing eye color and light output. |
4300 to 6000 is where to be.
|
6000K looks closest to the OEM color on my old TSX. Have them on both my vehicles.
The look truly HID without being overly colored. |
Thanks Everyone!
I'll probably get some 6k's. I did notice that cars with the heavy dark blue hid's seemed to have less vision. I just don't like the stock too much. |
6000K will give you a good look and nice increase in output at night. 4300K has the best output, but some people prefer 6000K's more modern looking white color.
We will have them back in stock soon, you can even sign up for email alerts through the product's listing on our website Thanks Nick C. |
Personally i'll do around 5k, I like a whiter look.. Not too big on that blueish bulbs people have.
|
Quote:
You say 4300K has the best output. You are correct. You should've stopped there. You say 6000K is more modern looking. No. Modern cars that come with HIDs from the factory are designed and sold using 4300K bulbs. The reason is because of what you already said - 4300K has the best output. That is modern. |
Quote:
4300K is the most common OEM temperature, but some people don't like the straight white color it produces 6000K is the most popular temperature It's not ignorance, it's "modern" in my opinion Nick C. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
I had 6K and the first time driving at night it was way too blue, blue is a glaring color, as you can witness when looking at blue neons/blue stores signs at night, very hard to focus.
Yellow/white is the greatest color for visibility(more yellow actually), anyone knows what blue blockers are? Same principle. You see better in dimmer lights with yellow sunshades, and also see better in snow storms with them. |
My diodes:
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t.../IMG_5532.jpeg took pic with my phone so not the best picture, but they look good imo. |
You will also get some variance in color temp from one manufacturer to another. Especially when you go the cheap route.
I find that 4300K is not actually a pure white and will have a slight yellow tint. This will also be evident when comparing it side by side with a 5000K or 6000K (In person). I've typically purchased the 6000K kits, but over the years, I prefer a 5000K color temp. It just seems a little more mature. To each their own. I purchased a cheap interim kit for now, but the Morimoto Elite kit is on my wish list for next season. |
I have 6000k HIDs from Diode Dynamics and I highly recommend them. The product looks great, and Diode Dynamics themselves are a breeze to do business with. I've ordered multiple times from them already!
|
Quote:
Are all factory headlights 4300K? I'd really like some nice white bluish light and 6000K seems like it. |
Quote:
Quote:
You're correct, 4300K is a natural white, 5000K pure white, 6000K ice white. We don't supply 5000K right now, because most people who are looking for a 5000K look actually want a true 6000K- like I said, there's lots of misinformation which has led to the widespread belief that 6000K is blue. http://www.diodedynamics.com/images/..._stacked_2.jpg Thanks, Paul |
Clear answer is 12,000k
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Thank you very much for the input. btw nice work lamp ;)
|
Between the two of get 6000k
|
Is there any way to adjust the bulb to face it more downward, I'm also low and I still get people flashing there High beam at me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Because your old TSX bulbs are old and have aged. They turn blue as they age (and they also lose a lot of output) Quote:
Don't like to argue with vendors, but just because it's popular doesn't mean it's "modern." When it comes to HID, it IS pure ignorance and it's why so many blue glare monsters roam the roads. Quote:
They look greenish blue Quote:
You did use the right term, "mature." As the bulbs break in and mature they shift a bit and lose the yellowish of a brand new 4300K. Quote:
I'm guessing you either bought a really crap kit that doesn't have the bulbs in the right spot, don't have them installed correctly, or didn't mess with the squirrel finders and you're glaring people to death. Lowering your headlights would just make you not able to see, which would be pointless when that's the whole point of a headlight... |
@Poodles no they don't look green at all
|
[QUOTE=Poodles;1405517]Because your old TSX bulbs are old and have aged. They turn blue as they age (and they also lose a lot of output)]
Actually I had the car from brand new and kept it approx 3 years. |
If it was up to me i would want my car to look like this http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/galle...lueEIT171A.jpg But because of california laws and them legally taking from my wallet if i go slightly out of line, i think ill just get some 6kks.
|
I don't understand the obsession with intentionally diminishing your light output that some people have.. the only thing worse than anything over 6000k color is the people who put them in non-projector housings.
4300k has my vote. I had a 5000k and 4300k bulb in each side of my wife's lexus as testing like a year ago and the 4300k clearly illuminated better. Yah, the 5000k looked "whiter" and I guess from the front was brighter sort of.. but as far as actually lighting up the road and seeing - 4300k. |
Bcuz its koo d00d
Hatas gun hate I personally think the blue light makes the cars look cheap and ghetto. I couldn't imagine staring at everything being blue while driving either. |
Quote:
|
Don't look at the K, instead look for the LUMENS output (at least 3000) on the specific bulbs you are purchasing. They will be the safest product for you and your oncoming traffic IMHO.
|
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.