Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   OFFICIAL: DSLR photography thread!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52033)

1slo_frs 11-23-2013 06:05 PM

OFFICIAL: DSLR photography thread!!
 
A thread dedictaed to those that have a passion for photography!

RULES: Post up pictures of cars, share your skills and have fun. Simple. Post them up!

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps3a4d9d41.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...psb6aad2e8.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps8b07ac74.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...psc0125529.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...psb9e4b341.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps6158b64a.jpg

All pictures taken with a nikon d7000 18-55 stock lense and some with a 35mm prime

Midarete 11-23-2013 10:42 PM

Not an FRS, but since you're posting up other cars as well!
http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...ps91c9ff23.jpg

JDMenrique 11-23-2013 11:02 PM

Just some of my more recent stuff.


nelsmar 11-23-2013 11:08 PM

Psstt... "DSLR" <<< over rated. How about "OFFICIAL: Photography Thread".

Taken with my non-dslr weekend camera. (didnt have much auto related to snag from on this camera!)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7408/9...04650213_c.jpg

nelsmar 11-23-2013 11:10 PM

A non-auto shot from my non-dslr. (just to make the point... lol)
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3753/9...c3138e37_b.jpg

1slo_frs 11-23-2013 11:44 PM

@Midarete that's an awesome background!
@JDMenrique looking good!
@nelsmar good point lol I'll change it up.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

1slo_frs 11-23-2013 11:46 PM

Mods, please change thread title to "OFFICIAL: Photography Thread!"

nelsmar 11-23-2013 11:48 PM

86 related? Had a bit to drink at the time... for obvious reasons. Just spent 3 hours cleaning that engine bay too!
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3770/1...05a68d53_b.jpg

Midarete 11-24-2013 12:06 AM

Here is another one of the EVO, and I totally forgot I saw a GT86 in the petronas tower in Malaysia when I was on vacation there back when the FRS was just coming out!

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...ps648d4e41.jpg

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/...ps092b6faa.jpg

lgunnz 11-24-2013 01:02 AM

My old Z and buddy's Cruze
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps83907359.jpg

1slo_frs 11-24-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgunnz (Post 1349631)

Nice! Liking the colors


Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

DarkCard 11-24-2013 01:35 PM

I'll get in on this

Only two for now ;)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7433/1...be53364d_b.jpg
DSC_0061 by DarkCard_Photo, on Flickr

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5485/9...b49a23fd_b.jpg
DSC_0002 by DarkCard_Photo, on Flickr

BoxRZ_86 11-24-2013 02:06 PM

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1393/5...95a198b0_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7428/8...c37f175e_o.jpg

Alain 11-24-2013 04:29 PM

non FRS/BRZ/FT86 but car related.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...y/IMG_9271.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...y/IMG_0616.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...G_6710copy.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...G_6938copy.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3...DynoDay/3Z.jpg

None of my cars. But I used to be an MR2 owner. Hope you liked them

-Alain

rice_classic 11-24-2013 05:31 PM

It's a photography thread in the off-topic forum. I assume it doesn't need to be 86 related or even car related right?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...c/IMG_0275.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...c/IMG_0294.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...c/IMG_0295.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...c/IMG_0312.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...assic/luna.jpg

sklimo 11-24-2013 08:06 PM

@M-17

AG3NT_5CARFAC3 11-24-2013 08:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
few shots that my buddy edited

Attachment 58084
Attachment 58085
Attachment 58086
Attachment 58087
Attachment 58088

4agze 11-25-2013 02:26 AM

I'm not a pro but I like photography, at least I don't use my SLR on full auto mode and know how to use lightroom, here are some of my resent one my favorite subject is my daughter.

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...IMG_7203-2.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...1-IMG_7065.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...1-IMG_7051.jpg

mfbmike 11-25-2013 02:30 AM

@nelsmar

What camera?

nelsmar 11-25-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfbmike (Post 1351167)
@nelsmar

What camera?

Fuji X100S. My all time fav camera I have ever owned. Even over my Canon AE1P I had in the 90s'

http://distilleryimage6.ak.instagram...0aa81ffe_7.jpg

If you go to my flickr all of my "hazy" photos (exception of the asian model, that was with my actual camera, you can tell by the aggressive DOF) were shot with this camera. This camera made photography fun again, i highly... HIGHLY recommend it. For a new photographer it makes life a tad difficult as its a fixed 35mm... but mmm its great. :)

This was the first photo I ever took with it. It has a APS-C cropped sensor (similar sized to entry level DSLR).
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8124/8...6b3bc5cb_b.jpg

7thgear 11-25-2013 11:56 AM

some old crap i took when i was younger


https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...86272447_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...66865069_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n..._4545916_n.jpg


https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...787_2864_n.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...44_n.jpg?lvh=1

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...07_n.jpg?lvh=1

mfbmike 11-25-2013 12:02 PM

@nelsmar wow, that thing takes phenomenal photos. I'm looking into getting a camera but not sure I want to spend over 1000$ for one. lol.

BigFatFlip 11-25-2013 12:07 PM

Wow! Sub'd! some very talented folks here.

nelsmar 11-25-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mfbmike (Post 1351705)
@nelsmar wow, that thing takes phenomenal photos. I'm looking into getting a camera but not sure I want to spend over 1000$ for one. lol.

If you want to get into photography its self... And you are okay with spending some money the X100s is probably the best learning camera i have ever used. I highly recommend it. The lenes are not changeable, thats 1 less "variable" to learn. It also has an amazing resale, amazing style... and i actually prefer the noise it produces @ 6,400 ISO over my 5d MK III. If your getting into a new camera i can help you get started and recommend some items. That is if your wanting to get into it artistically, for fun and joy not just a camera to take pics @ home with the family. If thats the case the x100s is the worst camera ever. The x100s is great ot teach you how to user a camera. The DSLR realm is a bit better for taking responsive pics though. I prefer to physically see what im taking a photo of through glass. The x100s will let you use a display in the viewfinder (it has a switch to go through the tiny viewfinder of glass, or use a small LCD thats hidden in the frame) and let you see the exact depth of field you will be taking a photo of which makes learning camera settings much easier. This is why i recommend it to learn how to control depth of field and operation. As well as all controls are "simulated" as mechanical as there is an aperture dial that sets it to specifically what you turn the physical dial to.

It was the hardest thing ever leaving my 5d at home when i went to Seattle to visit (where I'm from) over the summer. After that my 5d collects dust when it comes to joyful photography. it is now a "work only" camera.

I just haven't been shooting much lately since i busted my legs in a wreck last year... So I took a year off to heal up, which is why you don't see much taken with my 5D on my flickr.

Starting the first of the year ill be back in the game, i miss shooting. Such a fantastic hobby (and hell it was fun to do for work, though the work wasn't as fun as play!)

I just wish that fuji would make a full frame sensor... Getting depth of field like I get on my 5d would be amazing in such a small unit!

Taking a pic with a bokeh separation like this just is not possible with the fuji.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7351/9...6119ae11_c.jpg

P.s. this pic counts as on topic right? it was at wekfest. lol


Feel free to PM me if you are serious about getting into photography and are trying to decide what to get. I am completely brand unbiased. I am a strong believe in the camera is only 10% of your photos. Practice & learning how to control light is far more important. I could take all of my pics on my flickr using a 5+ year old DSLR and they would look identical. (at least for most of it, especially my automotive)

nelsmar 11-25-2013 12:13 PM

@7thgear I absolutely love the record player photo. Such an empty feeling photo with exquisite composition. As well as wonderful lighting & balanced exposure.

Hopefully you realize what i mean by this as it is a compliment, not meant to be offensive on the "empty" part. I am a big fan of large open photos with your subject is small and minor in the photograph.

nelsmar 11-25-2013 12:19 PM

An example of what I was referencing. A friend of mine took this photo a while back. The frame is so full of nothingness and minor details that keep your eyes wandering. And the subject is clear, but slightly less direct.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7059/6...e8afda79_b.jpg
Credit: Andrew Thompson

7thgear 11-25-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 1351738)
I am a big fan of large open photos with your subject is small and minor in the photograph.

no offence taken :)

i enjoy those type of photos the most as well (as well as candid portraits)

nelsmar 11-25-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thgear (Post 1351788)
no offence taken :)

i enjoy those type of photos the most as well (as well as candid portraits)

Absolutely love candid portraits. I cannot stand taking staged photos. I hate how they come out, I hate assisting the models etc... Candid is such a pleasure. I love my fuji for that reason... everyone thinks its a vintage or toy camera. HAHA It takes people a while to catch on that it is what it is... Its the best thing ever while out drinking or at events.

1slo_frs 11-25-2013 04:54 PM

Some more from recent shots


http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps0eb8189c.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps77673215.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps7c26e480.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

M-17 11-25-2013 05:00 PM

Great shot everyone. All look tastefully well done.

Just to let you know we do have a thread already for this,

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...=photographers

lgunnz 11-25-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slo_frs (Post 1350025)
Nice! Liking the colors


Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Thanks!

AznKirby 11-25-2013 09:06 PM

I guess I'll whore my pictures here just because I can :)

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5495/9...04073382_b.jpg
DSC_2591 by AznKirby, on Flickr

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2843/9...36030a44_b.jpg
DSC_2464 by AznKirby, on Flickr

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8082/8...ca932abe_b.jpg
DSC_1831 by AznKirby, on Flickr

Last one was taken without a tripod, so .. Sorry for the blurriness! :)

Maik L 11-26-2013 08:55 AM

some pictures I took last year at the Essen Motor Show

http://abload.de/img/ems1a3rdhn.jpg

http://abload.de/img/ems2cmc77.jpg

http://abload.de/img/ems3a2rmf8s.jpg

http://abload.de/img/ems4afzeqb.jpg

1slo_frs 11-26-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maik L (Post 1353690)

Pics look great. Kinda hdri but not at the same time.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

1slo_frs 11-26-2013 12:33 PM

A couple more of my favorites from this summer.
http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...psa68b48bb.jpg

http://i600.photobucket.com/albums/t...ps175f7b15.jpg


Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Vracer111 11-27-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 1351721)
Taking a pic with a bokeh separation like this just is not possible with the fuji.

That's why Fuji made the X series....I'm pretty sure the X-E1 will be the one to replace my Olympus E-1. Want to get away from the DSLR format but still use my manual focus Olympus OM lenses, and I've seen really good results with the Fuji X series camera's and OM lenses.

A few of my favorite shots:

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Ra...L/F575-8-L.jpg

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Ra...ston009C-L.jpg

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Ra...vette4N1-L.jpg

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Ra...G/0/L/X5-L.jpg

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Ra...1280276-XL.jpg

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Ca...0/L/cc-7-L.jpg

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Airplan...PA226079-L.jpg

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Animals...Butter_Fly.jpg

See da bokeh with my most favorite lense ever, the legendary Olympus Zuiko Auto-T 250mm/f2.0 ED-IF, shot through a tinted sliding glass door - like a freaking OM Zuiko macro lense but it's a super telephoto; and one of the best ones ever made by any manufacturer. Should have never sold it..:

http://vracer111.smugmug.com/photos/...-Rhcx2s3-L.jpg

AznKirby 11-27-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vracer111 (Post 1357744)
That's why Fuji made the X series....I'm pretty sure the X-E1 will be the one to replace my Olympus E-1. Want to get away from the DSLR format but still use my manual focus Olympus OM lenses, and I've seen really good results with the Fuji X series camera's and OM lenses.

A few of my favorite shots:

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Racing/MSR-Houston-Ferrari-Challenge/i-GGcG5x5/1/L/F575-8-L.jpg[/ig]

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Racing/2006-Houston-Grand-Prix-print/i-c3MV5Sc/0/L/GT1-Aston009C-L.jpg[/im]

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Racing/2006-Houston-Grand-Prix-print/i-VPdKdMg/0/L/GT1-Corvette4N1-L.jpg[/ig]

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Racing/2012-24-Hrs-of-Daytona-50th/i-4BhqHrG/0/L/X5-L.jpg[/ig]

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Racing/2012-24-Hrs-of-Daytona-50th/i-PHKsTTg/0/XL/P1280276-XL.jpg[/mg]

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Cars/Cars-and-Coffee/09-01-2012/i-vqv8wfC/0/L/cc-7-L.jpg[img]

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Airplanes/Houston-Airshow-2010/i-ZgFjFxN/0/L/PA226079-L.jpg[/ig]

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/Animals/Various-species/i-npfX4nh/0/O/Butter_Fly.jpg[/im]

See da bokeh with my most favorite lense ever, the legendary Olympus Zuiko Auto-T 250mm/f2.0 ED-IF, shot through a tinted sliding glass door - like a freaking OM Zuiko macro lense but it's a super telephoto; and one of the best ones ever made by any manufacturer. Should have never sold it..:

[img]http://vracer111.smugmug.com/photos/i-Rhcx2s3/1/L/i-Rhcx2s3-L.jpg[/ig]

1996 photography? That's OG status right there. :thumbup:

7thgear 11-28-2013 09:40 AM

one of the biggest hurdles to overcome early on was that sometimes you just can't capture all the detail available due to equipment limitation.. and to make the white/dark areas work for you rather than against you

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...787_3803_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...787_3010_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...787_3286_n.jpg

7thgear 11-28-2013 09:48 AM

Louvre, Paris

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...7_451685_n.jpg

infinite012 11-28-2013 11:16 AM

Old pictures (like...2006 or 2007 old) of my cousin's e46:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-B...o/IMG_5756.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Q...7326_636_n.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-I...2336_363_n.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.