Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Aus 86 Brochure & Preorder Enquiry Available (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5036)

JDM-dono 04-16-2012 10:04 AM

Aus 86 Brochure & Preorder Enquiry Available

Great news guys, the 86 brochure is now up on the Toyota Official website, found in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/86?WT.ac=HPBSL5Toyota86#

Preorders enquiries are now available from the website in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/dealer-enquiry?vehicle-id=38

Or you can follow a link at the end of the brochure on the first link.

Just out of curiosity, anyone ready to pre-order an 86?

Ballsak2nv 04-16-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM-dono (Post 184209)
Great news guys, the 86 brochure is now up on the Toyota Official website, found in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/86?WT.ac=HPBSL5Toyota86#

Preorders enquiries are now available from the website in the following link:

http://www.toyota.com.au/dealer-enquiry?vehicle-id=38

Or you can follow a link at the end of the brochure on the first link.

Just out of curiosity, anyone ready to pre-order an 86?

I am absolutely ready to preorder, have been for mths, cash waiting to go, but im not giving up 1 penny with out specs, price and eta date.

JDM-dono 04-16-2012 10:19 AM

I made an inquiry but just for details really. Pretty much settled on the BRZ in WRB.

Trying to gather as much details for you guys.

Palmy 04-16-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsak2nv (Post 184218)
I am absolutely ready to preorder, have been for mths, cash waiting to go, but im not giving up 1 penny with out specs, price and eta date.

Same.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 04:57 PM

The brochure looks very similar to the UK one and still no spec....

tlp 04-16-2012 07:44 PM

That's just a tease!

JFC 04-16-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 184536)
The brochure looks very similar to the UK one and still no spec....

+ 1

Toyota officially have never told me or sent me stuff that i didnt already know, perhaps they know this perhaps not, sneeky devil's.

Any info i have been told i have to source myself.

A little off topic but not, i wonder if the 150 or so cars in the first batch are pre sold, do the dealers actually consider them as 100% genuine sales.

150 pre sold does not mean all will sell. Some may refuse the offer yeah?

Sorry still half tanked from last night :barf:

So if i order today and im told dont expect it before January may not be true.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 08:46 PM

until the car is delivered, nothing is sold and wont record on VFACTS.

and pre sold absolutely =/= all will sell. if price/spec are not right, i won't go ahead with my pre order and get my full deposit back.

i also included a subject to finance clause so even if the price is right but i can't get finance i can still pull out with my full deposit returned.

tlp 04-16-2012 09:01 PM

Is there a specific date you have to settle by in the receipt/contract? These deposits seems pretty flexible so why wouldn't you put a deposit down.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 10:17 PM

no date on my contract. they can't set a date becos they don't have a firm date when the car arrives.

these contracts are quite loose, it's more like securing our spots on the queue.

coyote 04-16-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 184791)
these contracts are quite loose, it's more like securing our spots on the queue.

No, it's about locking you in for a sale from a particular dealer at full retail margin.

The only way you obtain a decent discount on a car is by cross shopping dealerships. Locking yourself into a specific dealership effectively locks you into paying full retail.

Furthermore, I could go into just about any dealership you think you have a secure spot in the queue with and say I'm buying a car from down the road and they'd offer me "yours" to secure the sale. You'd just get the next one.

All dealers will deny this, but it's happened so many times on various cars there's little doubt it will happen with these cars. I know of two 86s already that the chumps who put down deposits have already been "bumped".

You're always up against it when purchasing a brand new model, but you guys have handed over all leverage and control you could have possibly had and are being played like Fisher Price toys.

Nardi330 04-16-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote (Post 184822)
No, it's about locking you in for a sale from a particular dealer at full retail margin.

The only way you obtain a decent discount on a car is by cross shopping dealerships. Locking yourself into a specific dealership effectively locks you into paying full retail.

Furthermore, I could go into just about any dealership you think you have a secure spot in the queue with and say I'm buying a car from down the road and they'd offer me "yours" to secure the sale. You'd just get the next one.

All dealers will deny this, but it's happened so many times on various cars there's little doubt it will happen with these cars. I know of two 86s already that the chumps who put down deposits have already been "bumped".

You're always up against it when purchasing a brand new model, but you guys have handed over all leverage and control you could have possibly had and are being played like Fisher Price toys.

i have no doubt this is true, particularly the bit about selling "your car" to someone else and get bumped down. The dealer has already said no discount too but made no mention if they will put on extra margin.

however it doesn't stop me from going to other dealers, particularly when price is out. i'd certainly go around and see what other dealers are doing and what stock they will have and if they will talk about price.

with the deposit i paid, the most i'd lose is the interest on it which is not a big deal. at this stage, no one knows what the demand will be like, how many cars are available at launch and whether any dealer would give discount. i just thought i'd join a queue, see how this pans out and make my decision.

and no i'm definitely not locked myself into anything and also i always only commit myself when VIN is known and supplied to me. otherwise i won't confirm my finance is ready so the contract is still conditional and i can still pull out.

armythug 04-17-2012 12:21 AM

What if they decided not to release a set price? Can they do that? Can they both just set it up to where you would have to order the car at whatever the price you and a dealership agreed on? I'm asking this because it seems like we will never get a price and I'm tired of waiting. :sigh:

Nardi330 04-17-2012 12:30 AM

we will get a price. it is illegal to sale goods and services without listing the price. so be patient.

i doubt any dealer will offer you a binding contract at an agreed price now. it's likely to be against Toyota's internal rule/policy.

Skorov 04-17-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armythug (Post 184879)
What if they decided not to release a set price? Can they do that? Can they both just set it up to where you would have to order the car at whatever the price you and a dealership agreed on? I'm asking this because it seems like we will never get a price and I'm tired of waiting. :sigh:

It is illegal to sell you a car over RRP. For industry regulation and such, they have to release an official RRP.

newft86 04-18-2012 11:18 AM

Good post JDM. By the way guys if you want to get in touch with me directly to pre-order a car, flip me an email: andrew.smith@peterwarren.com.au or see the following link for all my contact details: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4631

P.S. If you pre-order with me i give you a written contract stating that you may withdraw from the contract and have your deposit refunded in full if you are not happy with either the price or the car itself - can't be more fair than that; after all people are putting down their money in good faith.

Ballsak2nv 04-18-2012 05:25 PM

Typical i signed up yet again and at least i got a confirmation email, but that is all.

I am expecting Toyotas in my area to have little stock compared to the ones out of town, theres a few up in Newcastle area, perhaps they dealers up there will have a better chance of not needing to bump anybody.

Imagine a group buy, that sales man would be happy, sell and deliver 20 86's in 1 sitting. Would be hard not to give a good deal yeah.

I would be happy to buy anywhere so long as the dealership can give me NSW rego, i dont care were it is.

FT86GTS 04-18-2012 10:50 PM

Pre Orders

Hi Girls & Guys,
Just another dealer here trying to flog you a couple of FT86's, I have two still availble in the first batch if anyone would like to put there name down on them.

I have the ability to register and deliver into both Vic and NSW.

If you would like to put a deposit down please feel free to email me with your contact details at

john.parker@jacobtoyota.com.au

:burnrubber:

JFC 04-18-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT86GTS (Post 186654)
Hi Girls & Guys,
Just another dealer here trying to flog you a couple of FT86's, I have two still availble in the first batch if anyone would like to put there name down on them.

I have the ability to register and deliver into both Vic and NSW.

If you would like to put a deposit down please feel free to email me with your contact details at

john.parker@jacobtoyota.com.au

In all seriousness, would you be willing to discuss a group buy. Discuss with your pears at work and get back to me.

Im betting if you throw a bone the dogs will chase it.

Im also betting with the right group buy offer and the ability to register in NSW and VIC you will get alot of interest.

Nardi330 04-19-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFC (Post 186697)
In all seriousness, would you be willing to discuss a group buy. Discuss with your pears at work and get back to me.

x2. ;)

Ballsak2nv 04-19-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 186720)
x2. ;)

Most interested in a cheaper group buy, details depending of course.

newft86 04-22-2012 09:35 AM

Hi all, newest update: Man it was a busy weekend for 86 pre-orders again! We are now taking pre-orders for September 2012 delivery though we do still have 1 standard version available for June/July expected delivery. A few more weeks of this and we'll be into January 2013 and onwards. We expect Toyota Australia will launch the vehicle on the 8th of June but we most likely won't be seeing any cars until the 20th (first batch of 4).

Also had a discussion with a pre-order client on the weekend about a group buy in Sydney - personally i, as a salesperson, would welcome it as i would sell more cars in one go; only problem i can see with this is that the amount of available stock most likely won't support it, i.e. if say 10-30 or so people group buy at the same time it's unlikely in the extreme that everyone would receive their cars at the same time and whilst buying in bulk usually saves the individual money i can't see many dealers willing to give much of a discount on a car that is in short supply. There are many ways of skinning a cat though as they say and i think most would consider at the least giving some incentive to people taking part in a group buy - it's hard to say exactly as we still have no concrete pricing from Toyota and the problem is that by the time the group buy happens it's unlikely there will be any stock left this year unless Toyota ramp up production or if the buyers get the cars from a bunch of dealerships.

These group buy things can be tricky as there are a number of factors to consider apart from stock levels but if anyone in Sydney is interested in doing such, i would be more than happy to discuss it with you. You can reach me on 0298288948 or 0406237776 or andrew.smith@peterwarren.com.au

davey90 04-23-2012 07:08 PM

Reading from other forum from link given above, I say I smell :bs:

Just trying to rack up more moolah from us. Well my perspective anyways. I reckon pricing should be between $35500 - $44500 for all 86 range and transmission whether it's GT/GTS or AT/MT.

The dealer also said as quoted
Quote:

"We still don't have final pricing from Toyota Australia but we expect to see the pricing released around the 20th of June, 2012."
what happen to 8/6/2012???:iono:

Ballsak2nv 04-23-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt86forums (Post 189572)
Hello,

To all the Toyota 86 dealers, please give us a good deal here.
Appreciate it.

Well this is a bit rude, why cant we have a good deal on this forum?

Are you trying to drum up more website hits to earn money from advertisement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by davey90 (Post 189851)
Reading from other forum from link given above, I say I smell :bs:

Just trying to rack up more moolah from us. Well my perspective anyways. I reckon pricing should be between $35500 - $44500 for all 86 range and transmission whether it's GT/GTS or AT/MT.

The dealer also said as quoted

Its all hearsay, time will come and everyone will know, not long now.

You get a group of 10-15 comitted buyers and the dealer will almost have to give a good price otherwise these 10-15 will just wonder off too another dealer, many out the door. And its fare to say a group like that would be willing to buy in out of reach places for a good price. Toyota Broken Hill or Parkes might be a good place to start, i cant see to many 86/BRZ being needed out there.

1 group 1 order sit back and wait, nice little sale for that bloke.

davey90 04-23-2012 07:39 PM

I just had another thought, since Toyota and Subaru have designed this car to embody the spirit of the AE86, which is a Corolla, I went on Toyota.com.au and did a price check on the most expensive and high spec Corolla there is for Sydney. The price comes to 31,490 RRP and 35,656 Full Drive Away.

So I'm just estimating the 86 low spec RRP to start off around $36K. Not sure if that's one way to estimate pricing. LOL!

tlp 04-23-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davey90 (Post 189851)

Pretty sure they pushed back the date to accommodate for some other thing which of course won't be announced until the date (no surprises).

FK YOU TOYOTA! :mad0259::mad0259::mad0259:

Oh I better play nice so they give us good prices ;)

JFC 04-23-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davey90 (Post 189883)
I just had another thought, since Toyota and Subaru have designed this car to embody the spirit of the AE86, which is a Corolla, I went on Toyota.com.au and did a price check on the most expensive and high spec Corolla there is for Sydney. The price comes to 31,490 RRP and 35,656 Full Drive Away.

So I'm just estimating the 86 low spec RRP to start off around $36K. Not sure if that's one way to estimate pricing. LOL!

And what does this high spec Corolla offer over the low spec 86.

Honestly for enthusiast sweet stuff all, but for Joe Blow average it offers heaps more and you wont win back or gain customers like that, no matter how good the 86/BRZ is.

Auto Corolla are out the door at 21990 atm (normally 24990 i think) so why would a similar spec 86 be 10-15k more?

Same plasticy interior, same features head unit, same fabric interior mearly a different chassis and powertrain. Actually apart from the powertrain is there any real difference?

Worth more then a povo Corolla absolutely but not 10-15k more, possibly 5-7k more at best.

Im beating the high spec Corolla you quoted will be of similar price to the low spec 86.

1 day we will know, but i sincerely hope Toyota dont stuff this up :bow:

Nardi330 04-23-2012 09:07 PM

i'm sick of these price speculation BS. yawn.....

i saw on carsales a demo (3000km on the clock) Scirocco R is now $45,900. i don't know why i am still waiting for an 86.......................

davey90 04-23-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 189955)
i'm sick of these price speculation BS. yawn.....

i saw on carsales a demo (3000km on the clock) Scirocco R is now $45,900. i don't know why i am still waiting for an 86.......................

NO WAY! good deal man! I'll take it. How much is it from the dealerships? like 50ish?

i can get a 11000km 370z for 45k imported from Japan including compliance plate, quarantine check and GST. which is my next move, depending on price for 86.

Nardi330 04-23-2012 09:14 PM

seeing on vw forums, many people are paying $55k+ and still waiting for their car.

obviously this $45,900 is "only" manual with no options but i don't want to spend $3k on a sunroof that doesn't slide, $1k on some fancy speakers and $2.5k on sat nav.

a brand new manual on road is $53k, another $2k for DSG.

70NYD 04-23-2012 10:06 PM

A scirocco would be pretty good, ESP for 45.9, and all the extras are not necessary, as long as I can plug my phone in I have nav :D

Nardi330 04-23-2012 10:10 PM

Just get a 12V point with usb input. they are pretty cheap.

or get the MDI option for <$300.

newft86 04-27-2012 09:32 AM

Got an update here for you folks: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4631
Pricing speculation sucks i agree totally but what else can we do until we see solid facts from Toyota Australia?

P.S. Whilst we have been instructed not to discount the 86 due to low supply of the vehicle (that and as you know we still don't have the pricing confirmed yet), all our clients that have pre-ordered with us have been looked after. If you want to know more, contact me as i am more than happy to help at any time.

newft86 04-27-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tlp (Post 189896)
Pretty sure they pushed back the date to accommodate for some other thing which of course won't be announced until the date (no surprises).

FK YOU TOYOTA! :mad0259::mad0259::mad0259:

Oh I better play nice so they give us good prices ;)

Lulz :thumbup:

newft86 04-27-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFC (Post 189932)
And what does this high spec Corolla offer over the low spec 86.

Honestly for enthusiast sweet stuff all, but for Joe Blow average it offers heaps more and you wont win back or gain customers like that, no matter how good the 86/BRZ is.

Auto Corolla are out the door at 21990 atm (normally 24990 i think) so why would a similar spec 86 be 10-15k more?

Same plasticy interior, same features head unit, same fabric interior mearly a different chassis and powertrain. Actually apart from the powertrain is there any real difference?

Worth more then a povo Corolla absolutely but not 10-15k more, possibly 5-7k more at best.

Im beating the high spec Corolla you quoted will be of similar price to the low spec 86.

1 day we will know, but i sincerely hope Toyota dont stuff this up :bow:

That's a very interesting analysis JFC, next time i see our Toyota Aust. rep i'm gona ask him that question.

Ballsak2nv 04-27-2012 07:58 PM

Latest info is the base model is projected around 29-32k + ORC with high spec to be approx 3-4k extra, whether this is the actual starting price (sticker or MSRP) or the dealers (invoice) buy it price i dont know. This can and most likely will change but who, what, where, when i dont know yet.

We just have to simply wait, frustrating as hell for some but nothing we can do about it.
:mad0260:

Show him this and watch his body language, that will give you an indication :popcorn:

Surely if there was info to be had it would of been leaked out by now.

70NYD 04-28-2012 01:32 AM

Now that's more like it :D

Staticfrost 05-02-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballsak2nv (Post 194012)
Latest info is the base model is projected around 29-32k + ORC with high spec to be approx 3-4k extra, whether this is the actual starting price (sticker or MSRP) or the dealers (invoice) buy it price i dont know. This can and most likely will change but who, what, where, when i dont know yet.

We just have to simply wait, frustrating as hell for some but nothing we can do about it.
:mad0260:

Show him this and watch his body language, that will give you an indication :popcorn:

Surely if there was info to be had it would of been leaked out by now.

That would be nice!!

My dealer has emailed me this week and said he has final details on colour options asked me to come in to check them out as he isn't allowed to send them out via email.

Hope it has option for the intiror stitching colours too.

Will let you all know on Sat.

davey90 05-02-2012 07:57 PM

apparently not many people are a big fan of the carbon fiber interior plastic. I don't mind it. Its the car performance and delivery that satisfies me. I think there is a Chrome plastic version too.

tlp 05-03-2012 04:57 AM

Don't mind the fake CF but would much rather real thing. I wonder if people would be willing to fork out $300 for real CF though. If that doesn't house the passenger airbag I'd say that's prime position for some gauges.