Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Mach V Awesome / Wicked Awesome wheel gallery (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49146)

Mach V Dan 10-15-2013 10:52 AM

Mach V Awesome / Wicked Awesome wheel gallery
 
I figured I'd collect all the pictures I have of the twins on Mach V Awesome (17") and Wicked Awesome (18") wheels. Feel free to post more pics here.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...5.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...r.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...3.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...s.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...0.jpg~original
18x9.5" with 265/35R18

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...8.jpg~original
18x9.5" rear with 265/35R18, 17x9" front with 255/40R18

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...n.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...c.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...9.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...4.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...c.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...0.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...1.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...b.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...0.jpg~original
18x9.5" with 275/35R18 Hoosier A6

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...c.jpg~original

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...d.jpg~original

--Dan
Mach V

Mach V Dan 10-15-2013 10:52 AM

Reserved for future pics. :)

tennisfreak 10-15-2013 11:06 AM

Looks great.

Are these $250 a piece (17 inch)?

MAPerformance 10-15-2013 12:03 PM

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps0cfecb4a.jpg

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps872d6a9d.jpg

Mach V Dan 10-22-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennisfreak (Post 1271280)
Looks great.

Are these $250 a piece (17 inch)?

Less! $249 a piece. :)

--Dan
Mach V

uspspro 10-22-2013 04:03 PM

I wish you had a "little awesome" in 17x8!

Mach V Dan 01-22-2014 11:00 AM

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...d.jpg~original

Photo by Danny Nguyen.

v1ru5 01-22-2014 11:56 AM

http://i39.tinypic.com/30lnpc0.jpg

Mach V Wicked Awesomes wrapped in 265/35R18 Advan AD08R and hugging Brembo's biggest setup for this car.

SkAsphalt 01-22-2014 12:41 PM

Those wheels are just glowing ^^^ so nice

DAEMANO 01-28-2014 04:29 AM

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

http://www.quebecfrs.com/forums/media/?sa=media;in=68

http://www.quebecfrs.com/forums/media/?sa=media;in=56

http://www.quebecfrs.com/forums/media/?sa=media;in=51

http://www.quebecfrs.com/forums/media/?sa=media;in=50

Mach V Dan 02-03-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAEMANO (Post 1485582)
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Nice pics! Where were they taken?

--Dan
Mach V

ultra 02-03-2014 12:21 PM

Love these wheels. So functional.

I second the guy who wants some 17 x 8s with the reat BBK clearance,

Also, what ever happened to Matt Andrews?

DAEMANO 02-04-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan (Post 1500308)
Nice pics! Where were they taken?

--Dan
Mach V

I believe these were from the Montreal Auto Salon (2013). Mach V Awesomes are spreading. Nice work.

DAEMANO 02-04-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultra (Post 1500455)
Love these wheels. So functional.

I second the guy who wants some 17 x 8s with the reat BBK clearance,

Also, what ever happened to Matt Andrews?

I'm pretty sure he's taking some time off. I bought his wheels, front pipe and a few other things. I hope to do them proud and give em a good workout.
http://i.imgur.com/LI1HANQ.jpg

He said his next endeavor might be a vintage 911. Stand-up guy.

DriftEightSix 02-05-2014 04:07 AM

What are the weights and specs?

Mach V Dan 02-05-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftEightSix (Post 1505352)
What are the weights and specs?

17.8 pounds. 17x9 +42.

--Dan
Mach V

vroom4 02-05-2014 11:00 AM

Does anyone have a picture or a chop of the 17x9s in gunmetal and/or silver on a silver BRZ?

Also, anyone have 245/40s with max negative camber on crash bolts? Any rub under full compression?

Thanks!

Garrett

mines13 02-05-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultra (Post 1500455)
Love these wheels. So functional.

I second the guy who wants some 17 x 8s with the reat BBK clearance,

Also, what ever happened to Matt Andrews?

He sold his car, focusing on other things but he will pick up some new toy I'm sure.

mines13 02-05-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroom4 (Post 1505770)
Does anyone have a picture or a chop of the 17x9s in gunmetal and/or silver on a silver BRZ?

Also, anyone have 245/40s with max negative camber on crash bolts? Any rub under full compression?

Thanks!

Garrett

This is an excellent combo, I am running silver on silver myself. When I had a 255/40R17 with Swift springs and crash bolts maxed out the tire was probably within a mm to touching on the stock spring seat. With a 245/40 you should have a few mm of clearance. You should have zero issue on the fender clearance with full compression.

red_comet 02-05-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan (Post 1470686)

This is BEAUTIFUL! Who is this? Are they on the forums here?

mines13 02-06-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_comet (Post 1507205)
This is BEAUTIFUL! Who is this? Are they on the forums here?

That's me. The picture looks so great because of how well it was taken. I take zero credit for it. Here are some more pictures that are not quite as spectacular showing off the wheels.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...48120800_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...51474500_o.jpg

red_comet 02-06-2014 01:33 PM

@mines13 - Thanks for such a quick reply! It really does look sweet. What are your tires' model and spec? Also, I read your build thread and I wonder- did you upgrade to coilovers or are you still using the swift springs? The front looks pretty well cambered in... I'm interested in getting the Mach V Awesomes and I know that with their width getting them under the fender will require some negative camber. I guess my general question is... what is your current setup? :bonk:

mines13 02-06-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red_comet (Post 1509031)
@mines13 - Thanks for such a quick reply! It really does look sweet. What are your tires' model and spec? Also, I read your build thread and I wonder- did you upgrade to coilovers or are you still using the swift springs? The front looks pretty well cambered in... I'm interested in getting the Mach V Awesomes and I know that with their width getting them under the fender will require some negative camber. I guess my general question is... what is your current setup? :bonk:

I am currently on Eibach R2's. The tires are 255/40R17 Federal 595 RS-R. Camber bolts would still be sufficient, especially if you stick with the better 245/40R17 size for a 9" wide wheel. I feel that the tire/size numbed the steering pretty significantly. My next setup with be a 245mm width tire.

Acree 02-06-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1ru5 (Post 1470829)
http://i39.tinypic.com/30lnpc0.jpg

Mach V Wicked Awesomes wrapped in 265/35R18 Advan AD08R and hugging Brembo's biggest setup for this car.

More information on the brake setup? Are they from the standard STI swap?

CrazyWookiee 02-06-2014 07:22 PM

These look almost just like the 5Zigen FN01R-C's.

http://i43.tinypic.com/vqqffa.jpg
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1370616405

mines13 02-07-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyWookiee (Post 1510069)
These look almost just like the 5Zigen FN01R-C's.

http://i43.tinypic.com/vqqffa.jpg


This is well established, what makes these better is that the 5Zigen wheels are not available in the more desirable fitments for these cars. You can not get the FN01R-C in17x9 or 18x9.5 with a 5x100 bolt pattern.

OjiGeorge 02-07-2014 12:49 PM

I just love the finish of the 5Zigen. Would be awesome to get a pair of wicked awesomes and poweder coat them with a beautiful matte finish

vroom4 02-07-2014 01:12 PM

Instead, will have to settle for the silver which is SLIGHTLY darker than the BRZ silver, since the gunmetal is essentially black.

DriftEightSix 02-08-2014 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach V Dan (Post 1505586)
17.8 pounds. 17x9 +42.

--Dan
Mach V

8kg pretty good.

Do you know if the AP Racing Essex Competition Brake System (Sprint) fit these at all?

DAEMANO 02-08-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftEightSix (Post 1513395)
8kg pretty good.

Do you know if the AP Racing Essex Competition Brake System (Sprint) fit these at all?

Confirmed by many, the Sprint kit fits.
http://fecompetition.wordpress.com/2...rack-feedback/
http://fecompetition.files.wordpress...line-photo.jpg

v1ru5 02-16-2014 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acree (Post 1509667)
More information on the brake setup? Are they from the standard STI swap?

They are not the standard STI swap.

6 pot monoblock caliper in the front with 2 piece slotted rotor
http://www.brz-parts.com/1m1-8047a1.html

4 pot monoblock caliper in the rear with 2 piece slotted rotor
http://www.brz-parts.com/2p1-8042a1.html

This is the "cheap" version of the real TRD big brake kit from a gt86
http://www.saw-tuning.de/TRD-Monoblo...it-Toyota-GT86

The only thing mine is missing is the trd logo :bellyroll:

The Wicked Awesomes clear these like they are made for it :D - 1/4 the cost of sf2 wheels and hella wide.

Acree 02-17-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1ru5 (Post 1533747)
They are not the standard STI swap.

6 pot monoblock caliper in the front with 2 piece slotted rotor
http://www.brz-parts.com/1m1-8047a1.html

4 pot monoblock caliper in the rear with 2 piece slotted rotor
http://www.brz-parts.com/2p1-8042a1.html

This is the "cheap" version of the real TRD big brake kit from a gt86
http://www.saw-tuning.de/TRD-Monoblo...it-Toyota-GT86

The only thing mine is missing is the trd logo :bellyroll:

The Wicked Awesomes clear these like they are made for it :D - 1/4 the cost of sf2 wheels and hella wide.

Too rich for my blood but absolutely gorgeous setup.

Mach V Dan 02-18-2014 01:30 PM

Here's a short vid I made showing a comparison between gunmetal and matte black.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCOgjMeR-eI"]Mach V Wicked Awesome wheel color comparison (gunmetal and black) - YouTube[/ame]

--Dan
Mach V

ATL BRZ 02-25-2014 02:13 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Cn4aA2Y.jpg

jflogerzi 02-26-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAEMANO (Post 1513440)

Wow these look really good in that color!

DAEMANO 02-28-2014 12:48 AM

@sw20kosh

Not sure if current, but still very nice

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...88502787_n.jpg

mtsui 02-28-2014 02:31 AM

here is mine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psf7cd164c.jpg
done some hard track days to them, still holding up good!

jflogerzi 02-28-2014 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtsui (Post 1563713)
here is mine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psf7cd164c.jpg
done some hard track days to them, still holding up good!

great pic. I spot an oil cooler :)

ATL BRZ 02-28-2014 07:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/XG2UMv8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZxneVia.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HNUo6rh.jpg

chanomatik 02-28-2014 07:34 PM

You know what? That wheel set up just makes a lot of sense for you, ATL. Good job! Nice-looking hotness. :thumbup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.