![]() |
BRZ ordered in Edmonton
So after going back and forth from Scion to Subaru I decided to take the jump with a WRB BRZ manual w/ sport-tech pack (limited). I'm number 7 at the dealer, anyone else on here order in Edmonton yet?
|
I'm not from edmonton, but can i give you some advice?
Check ALL subaru dealers in your area to see if you can get a higher pre-order spot. My Subaru dealership i've pre-ordered at has told me they're only getting 6 units for the whole year, and my closest dealer is expecting 2 or 3 if that. so look around! |
All of the Subaru dealerships in Edmonton are owned buy the same people.
|
Quote:
|
Not sure on the parts and service side but I had a TERRIBLE experience twice at Rally Subaru trying to buy a 2.5RS (first) and then some years later a WRX.
Subaru city has been great this whole process, professional and honest. Apprently there are two shipments of BRZ's coming in this year, first in June and then late August. I'm the first car ordered for August. Also they have a silver base model arriving in June that nobody has claimed. All in all it's the first time I've ordered a car sight unseen and the process has been easy |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Yeah, Calgary dealers are the worst. Last time I checked a few months ago, Calgary Subaru had 15 preordered. I doubt they will fill them all, but that's ok for them because they were taking $1000 deposits so the people who preordered aren't going anywhere.
|
Ottawa: Only 3 BRZs at the Westboro dealer pre-ordered. I'm number 3. I'm number 1 at the Scion/Toyota dealer off St Laurant.
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
Here's some more, from experience: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=11 http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=19 I can't comment on Centaur Subaru, but search the Subaru forums and you'll find more than enough stories. I have been to other Subaru dealerships where I didn't have to take a shower after leaving, but none of those were in Calgary. Calgary dealerships just don't seem interested in my business. |
Thank you.
|
So are the Calgary guys ordering from the Edmonton dealers?
|
Some might be but there are also closer alternatives. Red Deer and Lethbridge seem solid. I went to Red Deer, and so far they've been straight forward and seem honest.
|
OH RIGHT! haha I forgot about the Red Deer Dealer. Well all in all I can say we're pretty lucky compared to what some of the americans are having to deal with deposit/deal wise.
|
It's a bit of a drive but I'm trading in my WRX anyway, so no big deal. I know I could get more if I sold it myself, but I need it for work and I'm too busy to deal with the hassle of selling it myself.
I agree! Though it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Calgary dealerships jack up the price... Someone else mentioned that Alberta and Quebec are the only provinces where it's legal to sell above MSRP. |
Called Grande Prarie Subaru on a limb Wednesday and am now picking up my black BRZ in 2 hours. Up here in truck country they seemed almost surprised at my extreme interest and haste to get a deal done haha.
|
Quote:
I am getting a bit curious when they cars will show up here but in the grand scheme of things I'm not in a huge rush at all. |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.