![]() |
Is changing OEM exhaust tips worth it?
Hi...Im from the Philippines and what we have here is the JDM Toyota 86. I was thinking of changing my stock exhaust tips for a Perrin slash cut exhaust tip. I just only noticed that the stock tips on my 86 is the 4" type unlike the FR-S type which is smaller. Now Im not so sure if changing it to the Perrin's is gonna make any difference visual wise or worth it at all...what do you guys think??? Ive posted the pictures below.
Stock exhaust tips: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...psb4e7f900.jpg http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps0dbdd875.jpg Perrin tips: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf84da7a7.jpg |
I would keep the jdm tips personally. Get new tips if you get a new catback. Just my opinion.
|
Nah. Not worth it imo. We (The US) change our tips because we get some seriously puny, itty bitty tips that are well recessed behind the bumper. Hence why aftermarket companies like Perrin are making tips for us.
Your (The rest of the world) tips are what we would have rather had to begin with. This was one of my very first mods because the OEM tips were such a joke. |
Thanks guys for the inputs...guess I'll stick to my good old fashion stock tips. :-)
|
JDM tips FTW!!!
|
Quote:
Quote:
|
JDM is fine since the 86's here all came from Japan :-)
|
@ciotime I'll buy your stock tips if you're replacing them :thumbup:
|
No since you're just replacing tips, they aren't that cheap either, just save up for a catback. Your tips don't look bad anyway
|
Quote:
|
I would consider the quad-pipe TRD catback since you've already installed the TRD bumper insert.
|
Quote:
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps5551e86f.jpg |
It's all for looks, so it's not worth it to me IMO.
|
You've installed the TRD rear bumper, right? Then of course you need quad tips. Forget about Perrin.
|
Don't waste your money on just exhaust tips. The JDM tips you have are the good ones that everybody desires. You're better off with an entire exhaust system upgrade.
|
Guess I'll have to start saving for that full catback exhaust upgrade. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/data:...BJRU5ErkJggg== Yeah Ive installed the TRD rear bumper so it'll be a quad tip upgrade. Greddy or Perrin burnt tip quad's.
|
Saw these babies and they're dirt cheap!!!
J2 Quad tip catback http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...psd01da993.jpg These babies are lovelier but the price is MUCH lovelier as well!!! TOMMY KAIRA QUADS http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps08c200a9.jpg |
I hate necro'ing old threads, but after hours of searching quad exhaust posts. Is it possible to fit on universal quad exhaust tips on a stock catback on a TRD quad exhaust bumper? or will it be misaligned?
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.