Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Interest in a Mid-A t-shirt? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42996)

infinite012 07-30-2013 02:40 PM

Interest in a Mid-A t-shirt?
 
I've had this idea bouncing in my head for a while, but I thought a simple black t-shirt with a white mid-a "logo" over the heart on the front of the shirt and a white silhouette of the 86 on the back of the shirt would be a pretty cool looking shirt. I know I'd wear one at least twice :lol:

I'm not sure if there is a copyright on the logo (or if anybody really cares), but I've got a buddy who is making custom t-shirts and was wondering if there would be any interest in a shirt. He is interested in becoming a vendor if there is enough interest.

I'm just putting this thread out as a feeler for him.

I AM NOT A VENDOR! PLEASE DON'T BANNINATE ME! Nothing is being sold/stolen here!

Can I get some input from, I guess, @Pure Automotive, since they were the ones selling the stickers?

Edit: This thread is open to everyone. I'll need to get an idea of what the people want, then forward it on to my friend to see how much it would cost/how long to get done. If there is no interest, I'll get myself a t-shirt and be done with it :)

OrbitalEllipses 07-30-2013 02:41 PM

Depends on the quality of the cotton.

infinite012 07-30-2013 02:45 PM

What kind of cotton do you want? I'm sure he could get like Egyptian mummified king's balls cotton, but then the cost would be $NileRiver.

Frostyman 07-30-2013 03:17 PM

I could go for a nice king's-balls soft shirt... lol

leon78 07-30-2013 03:19 PM

Let the FRS/BRZ war begin...."thats an FRS on the shirt...I'd would get one if it was a BRZ"

Bradys shirts had both...thats the only way to make everyone happy.

infinite012 07-30-2013 04:13 PM

There were shirts? Did I miss the memo?!?!

Edit: gt 86 dot com dot au has a pretty ambiguous looking picture that could possibly be used:

http://gt 86 dot com .au/forum/attachments/f16/370d1341664119-gt86-com-au-logo-stickers-86clubsticker.jpg

OrbitalEllipses 07-30-2013 04:39 PM

Or skip the car and do the mid atlantic logo, or just the top of the hood/front fascia where the lights and curves are the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite012 (Post 1106430)
What kind of cotton do you want? I'm sure he could get like Egyptian mummified king's balls cotton, but then the cost would be $NileRiver.

If it was $Texas I could understand, but that's too far. I like lighter cotton shirts, but I don't know the brands. Whatever @bestwheelbase uses isn't bad, but the couture brands (ex-gf has really soft Wildfox Couture t shirts) have SUPER soft t shirts.

bestwheelbase 07-30-2013 05:21 PM

You rang? ;)

@infinite012 sounds like he has this under control. Egyptian mummy ball cotton and all that jazz. But if you guys need anything, feel free to get in touch. We often do bulk orders for clubs/groups or special events.

Our only suggestion, unsolicited though it may be, is please Please PLEASE do not use someone else's copyrighted work without permission. It is illegal and uncool. :mad0259:

We would love to see more people doing regional/local shirts to celebrate being a part of this great community. Maybe over time we can amass a collection of shirts from all other the place.

infinite012 07-30-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestwheelbase (Post 1106828)
You rang? ;)

@infinite012 sounds like he has this under control. Egyptian mummy ball cotton and all that jazz. But if you guys need anything, feel free to get in touch. We often do bulk orders for clubs/groups or special events.

Our only suggestion, unsolicited though it may be, is please Please PLEASE do not use someone else's copyrighted work without permission. It is illegal and uncool. :mad0259:

We would love to see more people doing regional/local shirts to celebrate being a part of this great community. Maybe over time we can amass a collection of shirts from all other the place.

The copyright stuff is what worries me. I don't want to have my friend make like 30 shirts and then have them all torn off of everybody's backs because of a copyright infringement.

So, who owns the rights to the logo?

bestwheelbase 07-30-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite012 (Post 1106865)
The copyright stuff is what worries me. I don't want to have my friend make like 30 shirts and then have them all torn off of everybody's backs because of a copyright infringement.

So, who owns the rights to the logo?

I don't know what logo you are asking about (but I probably have a pretty good idea).

Here's our tip: Just avoid the issue altogether. Create something unique that represents your locale. There's more satisfaction in making a design that is special.

infinite012 07-30-2013 06:16 PM

Well that's kind of the point of this thread. We have a regional logo that was sold by a vendor in sticker form (and apparently t-shirts as well), so I'm trying to find who "owns" that design to ask permission to use it on a shirt that could possibly be made.

bestwheelbase 07-30-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite012 (Post 1106934)
Well that's kind of the point of this thread. We have a regional logo that was sold by a vendor in sticker form (and apparently t-shirts as well), so I'm trying to find who "owns" that design to ask permission to use it on a shirt that could possibly be made.

Sorry, I am coming in to the conversation a little late.

First place to go is the shop that sold the item. They should own the design or know who does.

I can't help but ask... if they already made shirts, why not just buy one of theirs? Forgive me if this is another stupid question on my part since I don't know the full back story...

Jaylyons1 07-30-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 1106714)
Or skip the car and do the mid atlantic logo, or just the top of the hood/front fascia where the lights and curves are the same.

http://ih2.redbubble.net/image.12163...royal_blue.jpg

problem solved.

Pure Automotive 07-30-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestwheelbase (Post 1107008)
Sorry, I am coming in to the conversation a little late.

First place to go is the shop that sold the item. They should own the design or know who does.

I can't help but ask... if they already made shirts, why not just buy one of theirs? Forgive me if this is another stupid question on my part since I don't know the full back story...


No shirts were made, I had a similar situation with some Jackets that another member was making, I decided not to get involved with it because copyright stuff scares me.


The MA logo was designed by @ette and I'm sure if you asked nicely she could change a few things about the "86" logo to make it not exactly the same.

However, I'm with Orbital on this one, change it up for the shirt and that way no one will have to worry about it :thumbsup:

Pure Automotive 07-30-2013 08:12 PM

Or use roman numerals just to be safe, lol

GT LXXXVI Looks nice!

D4S 07-30-2013 09:36 PM

Definitely interested in a Mid-Atlantic t-shirt, I'll actually throw out a design
since I'm not busy if you're looking for ideas. As for the copyright thing, I think
you'll be safe if you deviate from the boxer "86" in terms of design and anything FR-S/BRZ related.

bestwheelbase 07-30-2013 10:04 PM

All this talk about this MA design and I haven't even seen it. Can someone direct me to it?

Edit: I found it in the meetup thread. Tsk tsk.

OrbitalEllipses 07-30-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestwheelbase (Post 1107419)
Tsk tsk.

Copyright? Well don't tell anyone, man!

ette 07-30-2013 11:05 PM

Ohhhh. I can change it up a little. But still keep it "Mid-A" style. In fact, I have a great variation that might already work. Please hold. Oh, and @bestwheelbase regardless of the fancy cotton or whatever, I still love that custom girly tee!! :thumbsup:

OrbitalEllipses 07-30-2013 11:09 PM

I want moar bestwheelbase t-shirts in my life.

bestwheelbase 07-30-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ette (Post 1107536)
Ohhhh. I can change it up a little. But still keep it "Mid-A" style. In fact, I have a great variation that might already work. Please hold. Oh, and @bestwheelbase regardless of the fancy cotton or whatever, I still love that custom girly tee!! :thumbsup:

@ette Glad you're enjoying it. :happy0180: It's time we collaborated. We'll send you a PM so not to thread-jack...

bestwheelbase 07-30-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 1107547)
I want moar bestwheelbase t-shirts in my life.

@OrbitalEllipses We posted some teasers to instagram yesterday. We're so bad at social media you may not have seen it. Haha!

OrbitalEllipses 07-31-2013 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestwheelbase (Post 1107571)
@OrbitalEllipses We posted some teasers to instagram yesterday. We're so bad at social media you may not have seen it. Haha!

I don't go far beyond Facebook.

EDIT: Found it. Want.

uncle tattoo 07-31-2013 10:17 AM

I would like to introduce myself as said friend who has the ability to do the shirts. @infinite012 approached me with the idea a couple days ago and i have no problem making some shirts if A: there is enough interest, and B: we wouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes for ownership of the image or copyright infringement.

I can work with @ette to come up with something unique for Mid-A, or if there is enough feedback, we could create something totally new!

Any and all feedback is appreciated for this topic.

infinite012 07-31-2013 10:19 AM

And there you have it.

ette 07-31-2013 03:16 PM

http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/...ps80aa80f3.png


Rough idea of what I had in mind, Then I remembered it didn't include you MD folks. Back to the drawing board. hmmm....

IloveBaldEagles 07-31-2013 04:10 PM

Who cares about the MD folks anyway?

Pure Automotive 07-31-2013 05:21 PM

:paddle:

OrbitalEllipses 07-31-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle tattoo (Post 1108192)
I would like to introduce myself as said friend who has the ability to do the shirts. @infinite012 approached me with the idea a couple days ago and i have no problem making some shirts if A: there is enough interest, and B: we wouldn't be stepping on anyone's toes for ownership of the image or copyright infringement.

I can work with @ette to come up with something unique for Mid-A, or if there is enough feedback, we could create something totally new!

Any and all feedback is appreciated for this topic.

Didn't you sell your WRX?

MAIC get-together in here, yo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ette (Post 1108874)
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/...ps80aa80f3.png


Rough idea of what I had in mind, Then I remembered it didn't include you MD folks. Back to the drawing board. hmmm....

/sigh

Pure Automotive 07-31-2013 05:31 PM

Remember this one that I threw together?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/...psddf94c72.jpg

ette 07-31-2013 05:36 PM

Yup! This actually gives me another idea. Might work out. I'll post later. :D


Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Automotive (Post 1109210)
Remember this one that I threw together?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/...psddf94c72.jpg


OrbitalEllipses 07-31-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Automotive (Post 1109210)
Remember this one that I threw together?

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/...psddf94c72.jpg

Massachusetts 86 club?

Pure Automotive 07-31-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 1109340)
Massachusetts 86 club?

Mid Atlantic Smarty Pants

OrbitalEllipses 07-31-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pure Automotive (Post 1109358)
Mid Atlantic Smarty Pants

;)

uncle tattoo 07-31-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 1109200)
Didn't you sell your WRX?

MAIC get-together in here, yo!

lol, its currently fs/ft. lots of bites but no serious interest yet.

FRigin-Shiny 08-01-2013 09:56 AM

maybe this?
 
How about something like this--
I didn't have an image editor at work so this is the best I could do with the tools I had. But this should be a good proof of concept.

Photobucket album for all the images-Click here-
Original Frs_brz_ft86 outline image -Click here-
Original midatlantic states image-Click here-


Front--http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7ca92524.jpg

Back--
http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c2d2541.jpg

OrbitalEllipses 08-01-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRigin-Shiny (Post 1110829)
How about something like this--
I didn't have an image editor at work so this is the best I could do with the tools I had. But this should be a good proof of concept.

:barf:

IloveBaldEagles 08-01-2013 02:22 PM

Yeah....that's a no

FRigin-Shiny 08-01-2013 02:46 PM

Like I said it was a proof of concept and I had crap for tools at work. I would like to see what @uncle tattoo can come up with as far as something custom goes. I'd definitely like to see all 3 cars represented on the shirt.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

IloveBaldEagles 08-01-2013 03:22 PM

To a man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail - Abraham something


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.