Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   exclamation light is on and stays on yellow (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42215)

SuperDave 07-21-2013 05:04 AM

exclamation light is on and stays on yellow
 
i'm reading that there's a malfunction and i'll take it to the dealership as soon as i can, however i was wondering if anyone had an issue like this, i'm at 8700 miles and no mods, i've only had the rear creaking issue and the homelink mirror fall off multiple times.

Shagaliscious 07-21-2013 08:17 AM

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the TPMS. It just means one of your tires is low on air.

Edit, if it's the light that is by itself in the analog speedo, then it's just the TPMS. If it's the other one under the gas gauge, take it to the dealer.

SuperDave 07-21-2013 03:10 PM

thanks, i'm pretty sure it's not the cel light and i'll go ad some air to the tires

jeffchap 07-22-2013 12:39 AM

You may have to drive it a few miles for it to reset itself after you air up.

JDM FRS 07-22-2013 03:18 AM

I lol'd at this

Foobar 07-22-2013 08:13 AM

Is it the one on the lower left below the high beams? Then yeah - TPMS.

http://www.scion.com/images/cars/frs...frs_ipTPMS.jpg

fistpoint 07-22-2013 08:28 AM

They should offer some kind of documentation that is included with any vehicle purchase that explains all these little lights.

How absurd that no auto manufacture does this.

infinite012 07-22-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistpoint (Post 1087378)
They should offer some kind of documentation that is included with any vehicle purchase that explains all these little lights.

How absurd that no auto manufacture does this.

It's insane that nobody provides things like manuals these days. It's like they just expect us all to understand the products inside and out without any documentation!

Spd229 07-22-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistpoint (Post 1087378)
They should offer some kind of documentation that is included with any vehicle purchase that explains all these little lights.

How absurd that no auto manufacture does this.

It'd have too many pages that we'd just never read anyway. gosh.

I will say this light threw me at first, never having it before....that and it being 5am and having just changed the oil the afternoon before. But then I found some novel that hinted in very cryptic phrasing what it might pertain to.

E46toFT86 07-22-2013 09:05 AM

LMFAO @ this thread. Must be a troll post. How can you mistaken the "!" for a CEL, I mean the CEL has a picture of an engine and the words "CHECK" underneath it.

Mikem53 07-22-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistpoint (Post 1087378)
They should offer some kind of documentation that is included with any vehicle purchase that explains all these little lights.

How absurd that no auto manufacture does this.

RTFM

Gary in NJ 07-22-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fistpoint (Post 1087378)
They should offer some kind of documentation that is included with any vehicle purchase that explains all these little lights.

How absurd that no auto manufacture does this.

I believe this "document" is called the owners manual. You should try reading it.

supramkivtt2jz 07-22-2013 10:18 AM

its explained in the owners manual.

wrxgoose 07-22-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spd229 (Post 1087387)
It'd have too many pages that we'd just never read anyway. gosh.

I will say this light threw me at first, never having it before....that and it being 5am and having just changed the oil the afternoon before. But then I found some novel that hinted in very cryptic phrasing what it might pertain to.

TLDR

andrew20195 07-22-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikem53 (Post 1087431)
RTFM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary in NJ (Post 1087434)
I believe this "document" is called the owners manual. You should try reading it.

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

Gary in NJ 07-22-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew20195 (Post 1088356)
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

Ah...I had my sarcasm filter enabled.

fistpoint 07-23-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew20195 (Post 1088356)
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic...

"Pretty" sure? I'm not certain I could have made it more obvious! :)

SuperDave 07-23-2013 04:13 AM

damn this thread has gone epic.

as far as i read, the manual did not specifically mention the TPMS, but yeah, added air to my tires and i'm good.

fistpoint 07-23-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperDave (Post 1089747)
damn this thread has gone epic.

as far as i read, the manual did not specifically mention the TPMS, but yeah, added air to my tires and i'm good.

Table of Contents, 2-2 Instrument Cluster, pg. 151
turn a few pages, don't see it...new section Indicators and Warning Lights
next page has a picture, says turn to pg. 304
turn a few pages of the Warning Lights section, BAM there it is.

Of course the simpler method would have been the index, under T, then Tire pressure warning system.

Now, if only manuals would have sections listed and categorized alphabetically for easy locating, that would be cool :)

Calavera 07-23-2013 07:51 AM

My little sister (20) pulled over and refused to driver her new corolla because of the tpms warning. I can see it being a scary light with an exclamation point and all for some folks.

Barbarian 07-23-2013 08:04 AM

I traded my old car because of constant CEL issues and the third morning I drove this car the TPMS light came on. After letting out a flurry of obscenities for a mile, I pulled into a parking lot and looked up what it meant in my rune translator and had a decent laugh about it. I was certain I was going to have to have it towed to the dealer on my first drive to work in it.

frslee 07-23-2013 12:12 PM

Owner's manual is fun to read. You never know what your car is capable of.

zc06_kisstherain 07-23-2013 05:28 PM

I personally hate TPMS. i have other vehicle that has TPMS and sensor died and ! is always on. how much per sensor? $180 / unit. am i going to replace it? no. It's just little annoying that i see ! on dashboard

Mooseknuckle44 03-19-2014 12:28 PM

My question is why is mine only on when the temp is below 50? pressures are good
all the way around. light stays on. Really annoying.

cycleboy 03-19-2014 01:36 PM

Because of Boyle's Law, PV=NRT

As the temp goes down, so does the pressure.

Mine did it when we had a cold snap in early winter. Once I drove for a few miles, it turned off.

HD86 03-19-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle44 (Post 1610877)
My question is why is mine only on when the temp is below 50? pressures are good
all the way around. light stays on. Really annoying.

Tire pressure fluctuate when the weather fluctuate. So cold weather can cause the tire pressure to be lower and lose more air.

sero901 03-19-2014 05:26 PM

Hate that light. Never put the sensor in my winter rims and its been on for every km i ever drove (~15000). Cant wait for summer!

frs10 03-19-2014 05:34 PM

i thought that means im not driving fast enough?

Mooseknuckle44 03-21-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frs10 (Post 1611711)
i thought that means im not driving fast enough?


Lmao. I thought it meant "STOP!! Your tires can't handle this crap much longer. Upgrade douche"

Yeah. I thought my car called me a douche.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrashaky 03-21-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frslee (Post 1090308)
Owner's manual is fun to read. You never know what your car is capable of.

I agree. The 2014 BRZ manual says you have to pull the latches inside the trunk to lower the rear seat, then warns you not to lower the rear seat while driving.

Gabe 04-03-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooseknuckle44 (Post 1610877)
My question is why is mine only on when the temp is below 50? pressures are good
all the way around. light stays on. Really annoying.

This has been happening to me since I got the car in February. This is the first car that I have had this happen with. When I took to the dealer for the chirping I told them about it and they said they checked it and their was nothing wrong. Next day I get ready to go to work and guess what light is on inside the dash...:thumbdown:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.