Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FA20CLUB TURBO KIT - 57TRIM - CANADIAN CUSTOMER :D (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40577)

Scalzo 07-02-2013 11:29 AM

FA20CLUB TURBO KIT - 57TRIM - CANADIAN CUSTOMER :D
 
Alright so the Turbo kit is in since 6/27/2013 , I had to leave to toronto the day after! So i'm still in Toronto drove 6 hours and the kit was really reliable, lasted 6-7 hours straight from leaving VAG Motorsport, I was a bit iffy on the kit since we were missing a few fittings + intake pipe, but i'll get back to that after.

First off, Where did I get it installed? Obviously VAG Motorsport, no where else to go. At first I figured the install would of taken about 3-4 hours since I already had the Turbo manifold installed, hahahah I'll tell you now it didn't take 3-4 hours haha. I took about 18 hours.
Now the thing is I brought the car in on Tuesday 10AM and I had to leave Wednesday, I got a few calls from Alex @VAG saying they had problems because the flanges were warped and they were missing fittings. I got there after work at around 5PM-6PM , Thing is when I got there I thought they were done, HAHAH not a chance they had just started after fixing most of the kit. They just test fitted the kit and started with the Turbo and such. I'll put it this way, VAG closes at 6, we were there with Dom/Alex way past our bed times.

The day after, they had done most of the turbo install the night before, so they just had to fit the intercooler and get the missing pieces from a local part store. I got there at around 2PM, they finished around 5PM. We couldn't leave wednesday as planned since my GF's Dad went to the hospital so we didn't wanna go anywhere just in case it was serious. Tunning with Tony @FA20club through the phone started at around 6-7PM. We were ready and tuned in an hour. Only check engine lights were because of the wideband that was installed.

Review on the FA20CLUB,
Tony is the best, The kit was missing a few fittings some parts had to be modified but we were expecting this since nothing is ever bolt on. Tony 's guys forgot to send me the intake pipe so we just put the intake on the turbo itself. Tony has sent me probably 8-10 tunes since the install. I would recommend this kit to anyone who wants a Turbo kit, Tony was very helpful especially with my issue at the border that I had. The guys at VAG were suprised about the kit, easy install, everything was build with quality. This car is now a monster, it's a blast to drive. This is what the car was missing!

Review on VAG motorsport,
Nothing to review guys, you guys are the best! Through all the garages i've been through with all my cars, this is the garage I would recommend! Alex brought me to the back where Dom was working on my car multiple times, to show me the progress. They stayed afterhours which i didn't expect them to do. IF YOU NEED A PROPER GARAGE , These are the guys to see.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps178bfc21.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps57ccb66c.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psceede0b3.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5c165758.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4436f2b2.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psc81b5b12.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps54994217.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2a44060.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3449ec0a.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4801fd90.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps23114c44.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psc92df16f.jpg


In TORONTO I won 2nd place twice in the Toyota/Scion Division * Damn Supra beat me lool *
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps169e3fc4.jpg
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psf18644ce.jpg

Funny Video of the GF
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2d2d0f48.jpg

The car feels awesome, The external wastegate with the dump tube is crazy! This car hits boost after 3k RPM-3.5kRPM it's hard to not boost when driving it's so addicting. My GF needs a neck brace soon lol


PS. At the border going back to Canada, I got screwed at the border! 55% on 3500 = 2500$ on taxes to bring the kit home. They didn't believe the price I paid, and lied to me.

AGAIN,

THANKS TO VAG MOTORSPORT & FA20CLUB!

Scalzo 07-02-2013 11:30 AM

oh and at the garage,

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/...psb099a659.jpg

Sportsguy83 07-02-2013 11:36 AM

LMFAO at the video hahaha!!

whitefrs 07-02-2013 12:13 PM

Best part of this, its the video

xxscaxx 07-02-2013 12:29 PM

I agree - good call on the video :lol:

I wish I could have gotten my gf's reaction to my STi. The pull of my 30r made her moan :lol:

Even with the S/C i'm getting for my BRZ I don't think I'll be able to get that out of her, I will definitely try though!

Silverdub 07-02-2013 12:42 PM

my wife doesn't want to be filmed, I might just hide a camera and give her a real go on a curvy road lol

fenton 07-02-2013 12:53 PM

Whats with the 2500 in Tax?

How would they even know?

FeaR-S 07-02-2013 01:40 PM

damn cant see the video. but congrats on the jorney

Mr.Jay 07-02-2013 01:53 PM

haha at gf reaction

nice build cant wait for your review after you put some km on it

Trac Toy 07-02-2013 01:55 PM

Where is this shop located? I'm interested in the small hoist they are using in the second picture. I'd like to find out where I can get one like it.

swift996 07-02-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenton (Post 1040285)
Whats with the 2500 in Tax?

How would they even know?

I went to Canada recently, they have some odd laws, all about taxing citizens for everything.

FeaR-S 07-02-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHUMPC4R (Post 1040464)
Where is this shop located? I'm interested in the small hoist they are using in the second picture. I'd like to find out where I can get one like it.

looks like an in ground hydrolic

Ashphalt 07-02-2013 02:36 PM

Nice...so now I need one.
 
When you imported it did you drive it in or ship? Presumably if I Fedex this thing that won't happen right?

Very pretty car you got there. Those Supras ruin everything :P

nlp187 07-02-2013 03:18 PM

Lol. That video is fucking awesome hahahaha

Asphalt~86 07-02-2013 03:31 PM

NO YOU FUCKIN STOOPID!

I laughed over
and over
and over.

DriftEightSix 07-02-2013 05:41 PM

Awww video!!! "You're fucken stupid!!!"


Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 1040479)
I went to Canada recently, they have some odd laws, all about taxing citizens for everything.

Come to Australia... enjoy the same thing!!! But at least we show the price with the tax in it...

FA20Club.com 07-02-2013 05:55 PM

:party0030:

FA20Club.com 07-02-2013 05:55 PM

we have another T-Dot owner just wrapped up his install as well....We take care of everyone even you guys north of the border.

Scalzo 07-02-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 (Post 1040075)
LMFAO at the video hahaha!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitefrs (Post 1040179)
Best part of this, its the video

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxscaxx (Post 1040220)
I agree - good call on the video :lol:

I wish I could have gotten my gf's reaction to my STi. The pull of my 30r made her moan :lol:

Even with the S/C i'm getting for my BRZ I don't think I'll be able to get that out of her, I will definitely try though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverdub (Post 1040250)
my wife doesn't want to be filmed, I might just hide a camera and give her a real go on a curvy road lol

HAHAHA, I asked her if she was scared at all, and shes like i'm not scared, so I told her to video tape herself, I took it around one corner, and she went ape shit, I was so happy she tapped herself HAHAHA

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenton (Post 1040285)
Whats with the 2500 in Tax?

How would they even know?

Long story Short, they thought i was lying about how much I paid, I had invoice in hand and they gave me the MAX penalty which was bullshit and i was there for 6 hours! So now I'm contesting it! PLUS 90% of the stuff in the Kit is under NAFTA law.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeaR-S (Post 1040433)
damn cant see the video. but congrats on the jorney

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Jay (Post 1040461)
haha at gf reaction

nice build cant wait for your review after you put some km on it

I Will do! Everything will be in my BUILD thread :D Right now i'm looking for a lip kit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHUMPC4R (Post 1040464)
Where is this shop located? I'm interested in the small hoist they are using in the second picture. I'd like to find out where I can get one like it.

Shop is located in LAVAL, Montreal called VAG MOTORSPORT. I believe It's a ground Hydrolic like what FEAR-S said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift996 (Post 1040479)
I went to Canada recently, they have some odd laws, all about taxing citizens for everything.

Yeah really dumb. Considering Quebec pays 15% of tax!
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeaR-S (Post 1040482)
looks like an in ground hydrolic

Correct it is.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashphalt (Post 1040591)
When you imported it did you drive it in or ship? Presumably if I Fedex this thing that won't happen right?

Very pretty car you got there. Those Supras ruin everything :P

I got it shipped to the states and I drove it in my GFs car. Next time, I'd ship it straight to my house. Too much BULLSHIT entering back in CANADA.
Quote:

Originally Posted by nlp187 (Post 1040715)
Lol. That video is fucking awesome hahahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asphalt~86 (Post 1040772)
NO YOU FUCKIN STOOPID!

I laughed over
and over
and over.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DriftEightSix (Post 1041130)
Awww video!!! "You're fucken stupid!!!"




Come to Australia... enjoy the same thing!!! But at least we show the price with the tax in it...

Thanks uys ! :happy0180:
Quote:

Originally Posted by FA20Club.com (Post 1041163)
we have another T-Dot owner just wrapped up his install as well....We take care of everyone even you guys north of the border.

Tony is the BEST! :happy0180: I'm gonna try and come see you in JULY, I"m flying down with the wife!

FAER 07-02-2013 07:39 PM

Hot girlfriend, does she have a sister?!?

JMx86 07-02-2013 07:44 PM

i wish i have a girlfriend to film... :(

FeaR-S 07-02-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMx86 (Post 1041400)
i wish i have a girlfriend to film... :(

:lol::lol:

Scalzo 07-02-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAER (Post 1041382)
Hot girlfriend, does she have a sister?!?

Yeah she's 7 haha jailbait





Quote:

Originally Posted by FeaR-S (Post 1041416)
:lol::lol:

Lmfao

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

lexusb3 07-02-2013 08:10 PM

Welcome to the boost family and I know your enjoying it plenty!!!!

FAER 07-02-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scalzo (Post 1041441)
Yeah she's 7 haha jailbait







Lmfao

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Awesome i can get started training her early

Scalzo 07-02-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexusb3 (Post 1041446)
Welcome to the boost family and I know your enjoying it plenty!!!!

Hah thanks buddy, love it. I'm gonna get a go pro 3 and take some videos.





Quote:

Originally Posted by FAER (Post 1041550)
Awesome i can get started training her early

Bahahahahahahah she's like that's fucking gross, I'm like it's a forum thing bro.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

FeaR-S 07-02-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAER (Post 1041550)
Awesome i can get started training her early

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...-dyYbllUYpMrGw

Jeff86 07-02-2013 10:49 PM

Haha awesome video! Congratz on booooost!

FAER 07-03-2013 03:51 AM

I Kidd I Kidd .... For at least another 11 years...

Scalzo 07-03-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAER (Post 1042265)
I Kidd I Kidd .... For at least another 11 years...

Hahaha

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

lbroskee 07-03-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scalzo (Post 1041360)
Tony is the BEST! :happy0180: I'm gonna try and come see you in JULY, I"m flying down with the wife!

when in july are u coming down? july 12 we are getting a bunch of us to meet up at a weekly car meet spot (totally legal spot too so no cops BS)

Scalzo 07-03-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbroskee (Post 1042606)
when in july are u coming down? july 12 we are getting a bunch of us to meet up at a weekly car meet spot (totally legal spot too so no cops BS)

I wont have the car but i'll be there around 24th until Aug 3rd basically for a week :thumbup:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.