Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What I gave up for my FRS (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38001)

joshuagranger 05-31-2013 12:47 PM

What I gave up for my FRS
 
2 Attachment(s)
The wife and I traded in my 2005 mitsubishi eclipse GT that we had put a lot of money, hard work, and time into......but we are very happy with our new FRS!!!!:happyanim:

Chad 05-31-2013 01:09 PM

Wise choice man!

Tanuki 05-31-2013 01:09 PM

Is that considered giving it up?

stanm 05-31-2013 01:13 PM

Thought you said "The wife," then I read further... phew

gvan1998 05-31-2013 01:51 PM

OMG, how many freaking threads did you create.

Sgt.Beardface 05-31-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvan1998 (Post 972770)
OMG, how many freaking threads did you create.

All the best ones. I just woke up and this shit is classic!!!!

BlaineWasHere 05-31-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuagranger (Post 972549)
The wife and I traded in my 2005 mitsubishi eclipse GT that we had put a lot of money, hard work, and time into......

Time any money into what? It's on stock suspension and shitty tirerack wheels? I guess vinyl decals are pretty pricy these days...

TOZER 05-31-2013 04:35 PM

I wonder if he's related to Hermione Granger

Brzetto 05-31-2013 06:04 PM

You are in a much better automotive situation now. Mitsubishi went bankrupt and I think they are slowly pulling out of the US market, every time I see a Mitsu I'm thankful that I don't own it.

tbwoodlee 05-31-2013 07:27 PM

Am I the only one upset about that Argento with the stripes in the background?

WillBRZ 05-31-2013 07:33 PM

lol those red windshield wipers must have cost a fortune...lmfaooo

jskurucz 05-31-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere (Post 973034)
Time any money into what? It's on stock suspension and shitty tirerack wheels? I guess vinyl decals are pretty pricy these days...

Vinyl decals make me cringe.

jskurucz 05-31-2013 07:43 PM

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/pictu...pictureid=5101

He already got to the dash.

Brzetto 05-31-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskurucz (Post 973654)

I was about to say "please don't fuck up the car's image" too late. The tribal patterned shit has splattered onto the fan.

Snowblind 05-31-2013 07:54 PM

in before riced out fr-s..oh well, too late.

Mandy 05-31-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jskurucz (Post 973654)

Goddammit. I was just about to say, leave the stickers at home. How much shit do you need dangling off the rear view mirror?

GTB/ZR-1 05-31-2013 08:03 PM

It was an upgrade... lol

ENJOY!

Brzetto 05-31-2013 08:05 PM

He should include a chinese symbol that gives it dragon power, just like Johnny Ricer's cow painted civic.

BlaineWasHere 05-31-2013 08:32 PM

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...54/toosoon.JPG

tuckdaddy 05-31-2013 08:38 PM

Seriously, kill it before it breeds...

MR WHAAKAKA 06-11-2013 10:30 PM

Im about to give up my 800hp gte sc300 for my frs

speedy07 06-11-2013 11:40 PM

Why the heck did you make this thread again?! KILL THIS THREAD!

velin86 06-12-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brzetto (Post 973467)
You are in a much better automotive situation now. Mitsubishi went bankrupt and I think they are slowly pulling out of the US market, every time I see a Mitsu I'm thankful that I don't own it.

Actually false. They are doubling their U.S. Advertising budget. No intention of abandoning the U.S. Market.

humfrz 06-12-2013 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What was this thread about .....:iono:

We traded in our beloved 2006 MX-5 ..... :cry:

Hated to see it go ..... but it was time to button up.

humfrz

MY13FRS 06-12-2013 12:53 AM

I might be missing something here....

But he's just putting it out there that he traded in his Mitsu for the FRS? Why the hate??

michaelosx 06-12-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY13FRS (Post 996850)
Why the hate??

I was wondering the same thing. Live and let live, right? Trading in a car you love is hard. At least you have a great new car to take its place.

Carlitoz3 06-12-2013 06:33 AM

I feel your pain buddy!
But you have a better ride now ;)

autogyro 06-12-2013 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY13FRS (Post 996850)
I might be missing something here....

But he's just putting it out there that he traded in his Mitsu for the FRS? Why the hate??

A lot of people took exception to him posting about 5 or 6 different threads when it could have all been amalgamated into a single build thread.

Brzetto 06-12-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velin86 (Post 996815)
Actually false. They are doubling their U.S. Advertising budget. No intention of abandoning the U.S. Market.

I read the news reports too and I know what it smells like. Nobody buys their bland cars anymore. The Evo now looks bland and boring too, they took it's signature look and flushed it. It's nearly impossible for Mitsubishi to top this now.


http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...-evolution.jpg
http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...on-spoiler.jpg

Whitigir 06-12-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brzetto (Post 997157)
I read the news reports too and I know what it smells like. Nobody buys their bland cars anymore. The Evo now looks bland and boring too, they took it's signature look and flushed it. It's nearly impossible for Mitsubishi to top this now.


http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...-evolution.jpg
http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...on-spoiler.jpg

What i am seeing here sir, is an andrenalined econobox!!!

Mitsubishy had gone and become Mr.***** for a while now.

TouchMyHonda 06-12-2013 08:59 AM

good now dont put stickers on the frs.

Whitigir 06-12-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TouchMyHonda (Post 997245)
good now dont put stickers on the frs.

He already did. Why stickers their car though ? Advertisement ? For free ?:barf:

Brzetto 06-12-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitigir (Post 997224)
What i am seeing here sir, is an andrenalined econobox!!!

Mitsubishy had gone and become Mr.***** for a while now.


:laughabove: Says a guy who drives a 3800 lbs 3000GT. As for the second part Mr Asterisks?

Whitigir 06-12-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brzetto (Post 997334)
:laughabove: Says a guy who drives a 3800 lbs 3000GT. As for the second part Mr Asterisks?

3800 lbs 3000GT I have was the only good car they made. It was even better than R32 skyline. Like I said, they have become Mr.***** for a while now.

The Econo-Box of that evo is not nearly 1% of what the 3000GT look like.

Finally, let me clarify this, a 3000GT is different than a VR4. They are totally different Vehicle, different engine, transmission, drive train wise.

I do agree on a point that 3000GT is shitty, but the VR4 isn't

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/632/imagesuv.jpg

http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...-evolution.jpg

#87 06-12-2013 11:05 AM

Back when I had 3,000$ to my name a 3000GT was my dream car, for looks alone. But I was looking at shit like Chrysler lebaron that I could afford.

Look where I am now rofl, not much better but at least it handles well and looks 1000x better hah

TylerLieberman 06-12-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitigir (Post 997453)
3800 lbs 3000GT I have was the only good car they made. It was even better than R32 skyline. Like I said, they have become Mr.***** for a while now.

The Econo-Box of that evo is not nearly 1% of what the 3000GT look like.

Finally, let me clarify this, a 3000GT is different than a VR4. They are totally different Vehicle, different engine, transmission, drive train wise.

I do agree on a point that 3000GT is shitty, but the VR4 isn't

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/632/imagesuv.jpg

http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...-evolution.jpg


This is a joke right?

Sorry but still no comparison. Better than the R32? The GTR? Cool story

TRD-X 06-12-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitigir (Post 997453)
3800 lbs 3000GT I have was the only good car they made. It was even better than R32 skyline. Like I said, they have become Mr.***** for a while now.

The Econo-Box of that evo is not nearly 1% of what the 3000GT look like.

Finally, let me clarify this, a 3000GT is different than a VR4. They are totally different Vehicle, different engine, transmission, drive train wise.

I do agree on a point that 3000GT is shitty, but the VR4 isn't

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/632/imagesuv.jpg



So my question is do you own a FR-S or plan on getting one..?? :iono:

zaptorque 06-12-2013 11:30 AM

To OP, you might find this thread relevant and worthwhile:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37997

Brzetto 06-12-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitigir (Post 997453)
3800 lbs 3000GT I have was the only good car they made. It was even better than R32 skyline. Like I said, they have become Mr.***** for a while now.

The Econo-Box of that evo is not nearly 1% of what the 3000GT look like.

Finally, let me clarify this, a 3000GT is different than a VR4. They are totally different Vehicle, different engine, transmission, drive train wise.

I do agree on a point that 3000GT is shitty, but the VR4 isn't

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/632/imagesuv.jpg

http://www.roadfly.com/new-cars/wp-c...-evolution.jpg


A VR4 IS a 3000GT just with the top of the line options At least top of the line for the 90's. And better than a Skyline? :lol: This is getting funnier by the minute. Yeah the Skyline is so inferior to the VR4 that it weighed 400 lbs lighter and still has some of the finest tech to date even after being out of production for 15+ years.....

naikaidriver 06-12-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitigir (Post 997453)
3800 lbs 3000GT I have was the only good car they made. It was even better than R32 skyline.

Having owned an R32 GTR I call :bs:.

And after taking into consideration of some of your earlier statements I would recommend to everyone here :dnftt:.

Now that this thread has been :threadjacked: and has strayed way :offtopic:I suggest we all say :thanks: to the nice man before giving him a :slap: and moving on before this conversation turns any more to :barf:.

Scott


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.