Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Subaru BRZ real life spottings (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2983)

WingsofWar 12-20-2011 06:18 PM

Subaru BRZ real life spottings
 
3 Attachment(s)
Taken from Nasioc by phlydude

Quote:

Was driving to work today on I-95 in Philly around the Walt Whitman bridge when I see a sharp looking sporty car ahead of me...I then realized it was the BRZ - with Subaru corporate being just over the bridge in Cherry Hill, NJ, a corporate tester is the most likely what this is

Sorry about the crappy quality, it was drizzling and the focus was off on my iPhone as I was doing 70 and trying to take the pics
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2#post35924302
Attachment 3634

Attachment 3635

Attachment 3636

**thoughts** This is a much darker blue than what iv seen....is it the lighting? or is it another color?



Updated with new sightings:

Posted by Longhorn248 (photo from Oregon highway):

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1325723570



Posted by switchlanez (photo from prep area for Montreal Auto Show):

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...3&d=1326040923

Laika 12-20-2011 06:20 PM

:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:


DAMNIT. Why did I take the other way home from work!?

Giccin 12-20-2011 06:35 PM

Maybe its the weather lighting. o_o

Looks all gloomy

Laika 12-20-2011 06:37 PM

That's called rain, giccin ;)

Philadelphia has been dark since about 430pm

Giccin 12-20-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laika (Post 101746)
That's called rain, giccin ;)

Philadelphia has been dark since about 430pm

I think I've heard of that before... Rain..

:P

ft86Fan 12-20-2011 06:47 PM

Nice.

tranzformer 12-20-2011 06:52 PM

Cool beans.

Longhorn248 12-20-2011 06:56 PM

Sweet, definitely a darker blue than what we've seen.

old greg 12-20-2011 06:56 PM

It's just this color, in lower light.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1322426350

NemesisPrime909 12-20-2011 07:01 PM

finally something cool in Jersey

WhiteGDB 12-20-2011 07:28 PM

Any Subi fans remember Blue Ridge Pearl? Could be a return of that color, which was very popular.

RRnold 12-20-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old greg (Post 101757)
It's just this color, in lower light.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1322426350

Are Toyota and Subaru sharing the same colors? It does look similar to Galaxy blue but Subaru might have their own version, a less darker color similar to Azurite blue pearl.

https://autoswatch.com/media/uploads...h_lightbox.jpg

Caliban 12-20-2011 08:19 PM

awesome spotting!! That color is nice! :)

WingsofWar 12-20-2011 08:22 PM

i was also thinking along the lines of galaxy blue...but the fact that its already dark in those pictures makes it hard to decern. Is the tone the same or the actual blue tone is lighter but looks dark from the pictures because of the overcast lighting?

ichitaka05 12-20-2011 09:37 PM

Yeah, I think it's the low light.

Subaru! make Sedona Red Pearl!!!! If you do, I'll totally buy it in heartbeat!

Why? Cuz my Impreza is Sedona Red Pearl lol 2 coupe w same color... I'm be in love~

Rampage 12-20-2011 09:42 PM

Looks like the Subie spoiler is the same as the low wing on the TRD model (not the ducktail).

VenomRush 12-20-2011 10:05 PM

its just a color.. geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Repyt 12-20-2011 11:41 PM

I actually like that color.

Snoopyalien24 12-21-2011 12:02 AM

Nice. Would've wanted to see the DRL's up front.

AgentOrange 12-21-2011 01:36 AM

It's Plasma Blue Pearl. The 86 and BRZ share colors except the WRB. The FR-S somehow changed the color code/names but i think they're still the same.

Lordharding 12-21-2011 01:46 AM

Yes I would imagine it will be the plasma blue
Lovely colour which has a purple tinge to it
They used it for their showroom modle STi in the uk

Polishes up very nice

ZetaVI 12-21-2011 02:19 AM

BRZ being spotted in the Northeast. Surprised me.

iff2mastamatt 12-21-2011 03:02 AM

I'll keep my eyes out on 95 here in NJ. Usually the only publicity this state gets nationally is when snooki gets arrested, so it's good to hear other exciting news from NJ!

MRZ415 12-21-2011 03:48 AM

The garden state has it rough due to Jersey Shore.

WhiteGDB 12-21-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentOrange (Post 101916)
It's Plasma Blue Pearl. The 86 and BRZ share colors except the WRB. The FR-S somehow changed the color code/names but i think they're still the same.

They're not the same. Plasma blue is darker with a purple hue.

Ultramarine
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1322426350[/QUOTE]

Plasma blue pearl
http://aclassblog.files.wordpress.co.../04/sti_03.jpg

ft86Fan 12-21-2011 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NemesisPrime909 (Post 101763)
finally something cool in Jersey

Hey, Don't forget F1.

NemesisPrime909 12-21-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ft86Fan (Post 102009)
Hey, Don't forget F1.

LOL that too, just glad to hear something about NJ that doesn't have to do with those morons on the shore

NemesisPrime909 12-21-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteGDB (Post 101976)
They're not the same. Plasma blue is darker with a purple hue.

Ultramarine
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1322426350

Plasma blue pearl
http://aclassblog.files.wordpress.co.../04/sti_03.jpg[/QUOTE]

:clap: agreed

bambbrose 12-21-2011 09:31 AM

Then I would say that this car is ultramarine.

I would be very surprised if the FR-S and the BRZ got different colors, outside of the orange and WRB being exclusive to each brand. There are too many coincidences.

bar5487 12-21-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambbrose (Post 102043)
Then I would say that this car is ultramarine.

I would be very surprised if the FR-S and the BRZ got different colors, outside of the orange and WRB being exclusive to each brand. There are too many coincidences.

Why would you be surprised? Its two different manufacturers with their own colors; they may be similar, but they aren't going to be the same.

tranzformer 12-21-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bar5487 (Post 102063)
Why would you be surprised? Its two different manufacturers with their own colors; they may be similar, but they aren't going to be the same.

Cause all cars are built and painted by Subaru.

bambbrose 12-21-2011 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 102067)
Cause all cars are built and painted by Subaru.

In the same plant as well!

Think about it from an economic stand point. Why would you maintain 14 paint booths in the plant, when you could instead maintain 8?

Also, notice that both cars have the exact same color lineup thus far, with the WRB and orange being the only exceptions. Even the scion has the same 7 colors as the 86, but with different names. We are just waiting on Subaru to release pictures of the remaining colors.

Obviously naming doesn't mean anything.

Dave-ROR 12-21-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambbrose (Post 102070)
In the same plant as well!

Think about it from an economic stand point. Why would you maintain 14 paint booths in the plant, when you could instead maintain 8?

They maintain how ever many production lines they have worth of booths, so if everything goes through the body section of the factory in one line there will be one booth. The robot just sprays a different color based on the barcode on the car.

I agree they will be the same colors with the exception of the few unique colors (Orange and WRB pearl as far as we know so far) though.

bar5487 12-21-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bambbrose (Post 102070)
In the same plant as well!

Think about it from an economic stand point. Why would you maintain 14 paint booths in the plant, when you could instead maintain 8?

Also, notice that both cars have the exact same color lineup thus far, with the WRB and orange being the only exceptions. Even the scion has the same 7 colors as the 86, but with different names. We are just waiting on Subaru to release pictures of the remaining colors.

Obviously naming doesn't mean anything.

I guess I'm just nit-picking with the colors, but hasn't Subaru already mentioned that the Plasma Blue Pearl will be offered for the BRZ? I'm not too familiar with Toyota's color schemes, but their Ultramarine color doesn't seem like it has that purple hue to it (could just be the photography). I'm just thinking its another way that Subaru is trying to set itself apart from the Toyota.

JDLM 12-21-2011 11:01 AM

Subaru and Toyota need to get an "individual" program like BMW has overseas

tranzformer 12-21-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDLM (Post 102076)
Subaru and Toyota need to get an "individual" program like BMW has overseas

What is that program?

JDLM 12-21-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 102079)
What is that program?

You get access to exclusive exterior colors
Interior equipment
Some more audio choices


The US side of BMW hasn't really caught onto it yet..have seen some amazing cars

NumbersGuy 12-21-2011 11:14 AM

I just want to see the Asphalt color on the BRZ! :)

ubersoph 12-21-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDLM (Post 102076)
Subaru and Toyota need to get an "individual" program like BMW has overseas

Yeaah that's not going to happen on a 25k car.

JDLM 12-21-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ubersoph (Post 102108)
Yeaah that's not going to happen on a 25k car.

Kind of like a lot of things posted on this site.... ;)

In a "perfect" world I would like Subaru to just push the car out (no paint) interior and let me paint it what I wanted :lol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.