Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ILL86 Australia - Drift build (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29724)

JordanWho 02-24-2013 06:45 PM

ILL86 Australia - Drift build
 
Current.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3876/...554b057e_c.jpg


CURRENT MOD LIST:


FORCED INDUCTION
- Full Blown Motorsports stage 1 premium turbo kit (not installed yet)
- Garrett GTX2867
- 1000CC injectors

COOLING
- Full Blown Motorsports radiator (not installed yet)
- Full Blown Motorsports fan shroud (not installed yet)
- Full Blown Motorsports radiator hoses (not installed yet)
- Full Blown Motorsports oil cooler (not installed yet)

WHEELS
- Work Meister S1R's front 18x10 rear 18x10.5 (current)
- Desmond Regamasters 17x8
- Work Emotion Kiwamis bronze 18x8.5 front 18x9.5 8 rear
- Project MU racing floating lug nuts (Project Kics)

EXHAUST
- Custom single exit
- Tomei Expreme Ti Titanium Catback Exhaust Type 80
- Invidia cat back N1 with titanium tips
- Invidia catless front pipe

INTERIOR
- Bride Gias Sport Low Max
- Key!s Racing deep type wheel
- Works Bell slim hub
- Works Bell Rapfix II quick release adapter
- Kartboy short shifter
- Circut Soul shift knob
- Cusco e-brake button
- JPM Coachworks shifter boot
- JPM Coachworks handbrake boot
- JPM Coachworks hood cluster

EXTERIOR
- Todoroki Jidousha fenders
- Tom's JDM tail lights
- Beatsonic shark fin
- Fog + reverse light upgrade

SUSPENSION
- HKS HiperMAX IV GT (current)
- BC Racing BR coilovers
- Drive Shaft Shop 600HP axles
- Racer X Fabrication rear upper control arms
- Racer X Fabrication front lower control arms
- Whiteline camber bolts
- Cusco rear strut brace
- Cusco rear sway bar
- Cusco front strut brace with BCM

BUSHINGS
- Whiteline positive shift bushing
- Whiteline anti-dive caster correction bushing
- Whiteline rear crossmember mount bushings
- Whiteline rack & pinion mount bushing
- Whiteline positive shift kit

STOPPING
- Project Mu 4 piston BBK
- Project Mu rotor and pads

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8239/8...0220e353_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8230/8...53d0dd22_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8085/8...aff1628d_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8250/8...dc77aef5_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8366/8...0efe4be7_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8367/8...2df841c2_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8...504a6c21_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8085/8...6b453e7c_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8...d9d6b1ff_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8391/8...aab523f3_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8105/8...36144b54_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8227/8...aafe6d47_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8525/8...2eb5deee_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8094/8...02250af5_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8112/8...514a6a0a_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8237/8...f4d53ff0_c.jpg

Kiznasty 02-24-2013 07:33 PM

Congrats. Looks great already.

Burrcold 02-24-2013 07:39 PM

Looks awesome! Those are my favorite wheels, and the colour is perfect!

Jesse 02-25-2013 05:46 PM

awesome, looks great! good job with the build up so far!

HATED1 02-25-2013 05:59 PM

very nice!

driftartist 02-25-2013 06:14 PM

anyone in Australia who is trying to "scion" their car out interested in doing a direct air bag exchange? lemme know

JordanWho 08-06-2013 07:12 AM

- Billet Pro Shop short shifter
- Billet Pro Shop 100 series shift knob


This stuff is proper quality. The attention to detail and workmanship is second to none. Everything is obviously made from billet alloy and feels so nice to touch. The shift knob is very heavy which is exactly what you want to feel. The shifting experience was already fantastic in this car from factory, but this short shifter and knob takes it too eleven.

The install was a headache but worth it in the end.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3797/9...6b19cc36_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3751/9...4c27884cb1.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3772/9...a10fcc988a.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8263/8...66ef83df_z.jpg

JordanWho 08-06-2013 07:39 AM

- Invidia N1 Cat-back with Titanium tips
- Invidia front pipe


This exhaust sounds so damn good! Especially when you hear it drive past and changing down gears. Will try and get some videos.

Got the approval from the boss :D

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5528/9...6046ff32_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5330/9...edfd9c4b_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/9...b888af54_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5493/9...812f5989_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3802/9...f41719be_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/9...40c83dc9_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7439/9...c89dc9c9_z.jpg

JordanWho 08-06-2013 08:05 AM

- Cusco rear strut brace
- Cusco rear sway bar
- Cusco front strut brace with BCM


Couldn't believe how much better the car performed with this bracing installed.
The rear of the car stepped out and slid so much easier especially with the rear sway bar. Sorry I don't have any decent photos of the rear bracing.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3676/9...663f7ccb_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5534/9...abeac35d_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5323/9...988674c7_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5466/9...68dd24b1_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7417/9...aa7d3d80_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5499/9...69b2d6d9_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7327/9...22025362_z.jpg

bear89103 08-06-2013 09:14 AM

Very nice! Love the license plate!

JordanWho 08-07-2013 07:11 PM

- Racer X Fabrication rear upper control arms


Time for some much needed camber.

These were the pics sent to me whilst they were being handmade, fresh off the jig. The guys at Racer X Fabrication are top guys and really easy to deal with. A+ products and service. Will be purchasing a lot more parts off them moving forward.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7439/9...2e774e95_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7396/9...95fa6e52_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3720/9...55a8794a_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7319/9...4ebefd6d_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3723/9...f27cdb48_z.jpg

JordanWho 08-07-2013 07:22 PM

New package!

These are so well made. The quality of the materials and components are second to none. Superb welding.

For the bushings I chose spherical bearings as apposed to urethane and purchased the dust boots to try and keep the joints as clean as possible.

I'm now running about neg 5° camber in the rear. The 9.5 wheels I have on the back definitely break traction a whole lot easier now, and especially reduces the stress on the rear axle.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7445/9...b2d4b97b_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3671/9...8ee0162d_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2859/9...4b394a5b_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5546/9...a285cd01_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2850/9...e12c3a1a_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7304/9...33a1bd0a_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5508/9...11fd1554_z.jpg

hamdan 08-07-2013 07:39 PM

:wub:
Looking good mate!

JordanWho 08-07-2013 07:47 PM

Will post some more pics soon.

JordanWho 08-09-2013 03:04 AM

Waited six months for it to arrive, broke it in 3.

Shattered a bearing casing on the diff side. Good times.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7439/9...e62a84e2_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2835/9...3df00029_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5521/9...8399a69b_z.jpg

JordanWho 08-09-2013 03:05 AM

I ended up taking the car back to Toyota to try and get the axle replaced under warranty yet even after raising the coilovers and cleaning out the wheel arches, they still refused to cover it. Their argument was the car had been used in a way, outside of what the car was designed for. To me this was complete BS, especially with zero power modifications being done but that's a whole other thread.

I must admit, even if I did get the axles covered under warranty Toyota quoted me an ETA of around four weeks for the part to come out of Japan. Mmm thanks... but I rather not have the car off the road for four to five weeks. Plus from what I've read and heard from other owners running a similar setup is that it seems to be a major weak point of the car. With this in mind I really wasn't prepared to wait four weeks for something I would most likely break again in a few months and risk placing myself in another situation where I would need the car towed, from who knows where, at my own expense all over again.

The only other logical option I could think of was to buy a set of upgraded axles out of my own pocket with the expectation that if I spent the money on a decent set they wouldn't break ever again.

I did some research on here and found THESE. So after a few PMs and emails back and forth I got some prices and learned I could have a brand new set shipped from the US to Australia in about one week! SOLD!

This is the little fucker that let go...

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2868/9...523e07bd_z.jpg

JordanWho 08-09-2013 03:18 AM

- Drive Shaft Shop 600HP rated rear axles

Look what just arrived in the post. I doubt I'll break these fuckers!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/9...0bbe6613_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2811/9...cf3a204f_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5477/9...01c917a8_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3817/9...1ff2b876_z.jpg

Low&Slow 08-09-2013 05:00 AM

Nice build! The stance is phenomenal! :thumbsup: Question though; why didn't you just use your warranty for the axles? Were you scared they might break again? Was the reason why they broke, because you were so low?

nix 08-09-2013 07:49 AM

They are quite weak, so are going when guys are either pushing angles via lowering or power above 275 rwkw or something.

JordanWho 08-10-2013 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low&Slow (Post 1129591)
Nice build! The stance is phenomenal! :thumbsup: Question though; why didn't you just use your warranty for the axles? Were you scared they might break again? Was the reason why they broke, because you were so low?

Cheers for the kind words. I just updated the previous post which is about my 'experience' with Toyota. Go back and check post #16 :D

I will post some progress pics of what it's looking at the moment. It's looking much better now.

nix 08-10-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanWho (Post 1131687)
???

The stock axles not the drive shaft ones. Should have used the quote button!

JordanWho 08-19-2013 10:00 PM

- EXTERIOR

Tom's JDM tail lights

I've been waiting a long time to get my hands on these lights and wow was it worth the wait. Such a high quality product that gives the rear of the car a completely different look. They look SO much better than the cheap shitty looking factory tail lights, especially at night.

The install was easy, except for removing the factory flasher from behind the lower dash panel. It would be easier for anyone with miniature hands.

Apologies for my iPhone taken pics.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5447/9...6c793d9f_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/9...be88928a_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5539/9...a6069a45_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3805/9...5c6375a5_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5453/9...2ec557e8_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2871/9...41a7c9bc_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/9...1e7ae58f_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7412/9...2db5ec4c_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2835/9...39a9df33_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/9...1e7ae58f_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7342/9...8dc83ee4_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/9...eee2a847_z.jpg

PB-GT86 08-20-2013 09:23 PM

Hey mate wanted to know if your on BC coilovers with the extreme low spring or standard? Cheers

JordanWho 08-22-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PB-GT86 (Post 1155252)
Hey mate wanted to know if your on BC coilovers with the extreme low spring or standard? Cheers

Yes, they are shorter than the standard BC BR's. They were sold to me as 'race spec' but I couldn't find anything online referring to that specification. Hope that helps

PB-GT86 08-22-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanWho (Post 1158639)
Yes, they are shorter than the standard BC BR's. They were sold to me as 'race spec' but I couldn't find anything online referring to that specification. Hope that helps

Thanks for that mate. Trying to decided which model to go for superlow kit or just normal. How much are you able to raise your car from where it sits now? Cheers

JordanWho 08-22-2013 09:55 AM

I couldn't tell you in terms of millimetres but it can be raised to legal height.

JordanWho 08-22-2013 10:09 AM

Here's some pics I took prior to the installation of my Tom's tail lights. Sorry about the lack of quality as they were taken with my iPhone. Trying to line up someone with a proper camera for a professional shoot.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7415/9...498732ca_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/9...70cdd433_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/9...66c10f18_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/9...c230a284_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2881/9...d7e80fc3_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/9...e207ddf7_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2820/9...bf44ff36_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3711/9...a9877a32_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5463/9...155f0e11_z.jpg

PB-GT86 08-22-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanWho (Post 1158810)
I couldn't tell you in terms of millimetres but it can be raised to legal height.


Awesome I should be safe to go with the superlow kit then..thanks!!

JordanWho 09-01-2013 10:51 PM

Just received a few new goodies in preparation of my new wheels and brakes.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2818/9...90cffde3_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2894/9...bb089977_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5523/9...078f7ec2_z.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2868/9...a6f5f3a9_z.jpg

hamdan 09-02-2013 02:49 AM

Any hints as to what wheels?
Also where'd you get the project U nuts from if you dont mind me asking?

JordanWho 09-02-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamdan (Post 1183594)
Any hints as to what wheels?
Also where'd you get the project U nuts from if you dont mind me asking?

I managed to find a set of brand new Desmond Regamasters in 5x100. They are 17/8 +35. Check them out here. I was looking to purchase a set of narrow wheels dedicated for drifting/track and I managed to stumble across these regas. Will be much easier to slide going from a 9.5" to an 8" wheel.

I purchased the lug nuts from Project Mu Australia directly as thats who I ordered my brakes through. They should be less than a month away now. If you need any help, contact Gavin at PMU Australia. He's been super helpful.

If you don't go through PMU Australia directly just be very careful as there are A LOT of fake/replica Project Kics lug nuts out there. I know a lot of people who have been burnt from buying fake Project Kics. Generally if you find a cheap set online and it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

http://www.project-mu.com.au/en/products/index_acc.php

hamdan 09-02-2013 05:17 PM

Awesome, thanks mate.
Those wheels looks fucking awesome!
Cant wait to see how they look :)

JordanWho 09-02-2013 05:29 PM

Thanks buddy. I hope they arrive today. Will up pics as soon as I receive them!

fc3s_johnny 09-02-2013 05:49 PM

Build looks awesome! I love pretty much every exterior choice you've made. Subscribed.

*KID* 09-02-2013 09:06 PM

Beautiful car

GC GTS Aero Kit 09-02-2013 11:53 PM

I see everyone loves my Project Mu Resivour beanie :)

JordanWho 09-03-2013 05:22 AM

New wheels arrived today! Great success!

They are much lighter than I anticipated. Unfortunately don't have scales to weight. The grey looks fantastic and I think I will try them out as they are and see how they look. Will probably powder coat these eventually in white.

I have to say... out of all the shit I've purchased for this car, this is certainly my favourite buy.... ohh and the Toms :wub:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5342/9...45a85002_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/9...d6954d61_z.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5338/9...9f32d263_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/9...43cf6cdb_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3735/9...fc0e6274_z.jpg

hamdan 09-03-2013 06:57 AM

Put em on the carPut em on the carPut em on the carPut em on the carPut em on the carPut em on the carPut em on the carPut em on the carPut em on the car!!!!!!!!!!

JordanWho 09-03-2013 05:25 PM

Hahaha will do I promise. It's too painful seeing them in my living room.

DF-Aero 09-03-2013 06:12 PM

Such a nice build!

Similar to our setup and we also did snap one inputshaft quite early on;) Did get 2 new ones for free but think we need to get them updated aswell. Must be due to stressed geometry and harsh clutch/ebrake hassle;)

If you dont mind hook us up at https://www.facebook.com/Seidoworks

Need to talk some more with you:)


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.