Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stupidest thing you have done in your car (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22783)

nix 11-22-2012 09:10 AM

Stupidest thing you have done in your car
 
I'll start it off... we beached my BRZ tonight trying to sneak around a fence into an abandoned skid pan and test track. Next time I'm packing bolt cutters. :lol:

whaap 11-22-2012 09:31 AM

I'm lucky. I'm still waiting for it to happen.

RWD-boxer 11-22-2012 10:03 AM

I would guess he has lots of key like scratches

Wolfking 11-22-2012 10:27 AM

While on my way to... I got over in the far left lane to enter the freeway. As I accelerated through, some !@#$%^ driving in the non turning lane to my immediate right decided she would cut me off. Had she used her !@#$% turn signal, I would have chalked it up to a "shitty driver with horrilbe reaction timing." Just as I avoided a crash by breaking and steering around her, the traffic light turned green and I punched the accelerator... I was not prepared for what happened next!

So appearently manuvering around the vehicle in front was essentially a "feint drift" and punching the gas initiated the rest of the drift...allllllllllllll the way through the intersection and then down the on ramp! (?? while not in sport mode ??) "Hey, I got mad skillz, son."



Is luck a skill?

Ingen 11-22-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfking (Post 570175)

Is luck a skill?

I would rather be lucky than good any day!!

mkiisupra 11-22-2012 11:30 AM

Driving it home with 5 miles on a 400 mile journey with Thanksgiving traffic in CA, yikes!

Eric G

st162celica 11-22-2012 09:43 PM

drifted around a corner with a cop behind me ...

didnt work out so well.

DarkCard 11-22-2012 09:53 PM

Taking ownership 3 days before the goddam hurricane -_-

Grishbok 11-22-2012 09:54 PM

drove past a state trooper in an unmarked dodge charger while travelling between 160-185mph. Stupidest thing ive ever done. Getting yanked out of the car with guns drawn was the closest ive ever come to shitting my pants.

boonFRS 11-22-2012 10:00 PM

Eating in it.

WolfsFang 11-22-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishbok (Post 570884)
drove past a state trooper in an unmarked dodge charger while travelling between 160-185mph. Stupidest thing ive ever done. Getting yanked out of the car with guns drawn was the closest ive ever come to shitting my pants.

what was the outcome?

JDMenrique 11-22-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishbok (Post 570884)
drove past a state trooper in an unmarked dodge charger while travelling between 160-185mph. Stupidest thing ive ever done. Getting yanked out of the car with guns drawn was the closest ive ever come to shitting my pants.

What car was this in?

Flat Black VW 11-22-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfsFang (Post 570895)
what was the outcome?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMenrique (Post 570938)
What car was this in?

would love to hear some answers

axss 11-22-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Black VW (Post 570951)
would love to hear some answers

Please. I'm assuming you had jail time/license thrown into the woods?

WolfsFang 11-23-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axss (Post 571019)
Please. I'm assuming you had jail time/license thrown into the woods?

Im 85% sure he had jail time unless he had Chuck Norris as his lawyer.

Books 11-23-2012 01:12 AM

Luckily no one was injured but a few times I've taken turns a bit extra aggressively that I shouldn't have where I ended up doing a short power slide. There were never any other cars but I would have certainly hit them. I was only maybe 60% sure there were no other cars, I don't plan on doing it again though (unless i'm 100% sure)

SalM 11-23-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishbok (Post 570884)
drove past a state trooper in an unmarked dodge charger while travelling between 160-185mph. Stupidest thing ive ever done. Getting yanked out of the car with guns drawn was the closest ive ever come to shitting my pants.

In the FRS? It can't reach those high speeds.

Dezoris 11-23-2012 01:23 AM

Crashed it.

czar07 11-23-2012 03:15 AM

taking a corner too fast, mounting the curb and scratching the underside of the front bumper :(

Tigranakert 11-23-2012 04:01 AM

So I'm on a main street with 6 lanes, 3 going in 1 direction. The middle lane had about 15 cars stopped at a red light. I'm a bit far from them and going like 45mph so I took the right-most lane which was completely empty. Before I even hit the breaks, the light goes green, so I hit the gas to go even faster and pass everyone. Then all of a sudden some car from those stopped ones decides to fill gas on the right side. He cuts me off, but since the gas station entrance was right next to him, I though he would just drive up the ramp. I hit the breaks slow, But Nooooo.... He took a full stop to make the right turn.
Holy shit I had never floored the breaks like that in my life my entire body was straight. I though that was it and was thinking about what I was going to say to people about the accident afterwards. Luckily he moved his car up just enough and my breaks stopped the car at the right time.

Moral of the story... Don't trust anyone else to be a good driver...
(I don't think that would have been my fault even though i was going 45 on a 40.)

I end up honking about 2 times a day on people who cut me off or think their car deserves 2 lanes.

jarviz 11-23-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkCard (Post 570882)
Taking ownership 3 days before the goddam hurricane -_-

how did that turn out? did you have a garage for it?

CaptainKill 11-23-2012 05:49 AM

I let my buddy drive it yesterday and I told him to give it some gas around a sharp corner. He didn't hit anything, but I forgot about the case of beer in the trunk that we had just picked up. The box slid and slammed into the side, breaking one of the bottles.

Once we got to my house, I did my best to clean it up, but the interior of my recently detailed BRZ now smells like I just got back from a long night at a bar. Why the hell did I not just put the beer in the floorboard or in the back seat?

Supermassive 11-23-2012 05:57 AM

It was about 2 o'clock in the morning and my car was pretty much entirely stock except for a pulley. I was taking a left hand turn from a stop light. Since no one was in sight I was curious if the car would light the tires up, needless to say the car will spin the stockers quite easily and once they are spinning you can keep them going through second gear in a turn...thats when I did an accidental donut in the middle of an intersection...thank god no one was around to see me over correcting the hell out of the car. Nearly hit a curb and had that almost crashed adrenaline rush afterwards.

Grishbok 11-23-2012 04:06 PM

ok so the story goes:

It was in a modified audi b7 rs4.
The trooper had followed me from a distance on the highway and waited until i pulled off on the exit to flip the lights on the unmarked. I was trapped at a red light off the exit, so i flipped my hazards and pulled over onto the shoulder and stopped. The cops door flung open, shouting state trooper hands on the wheel. I had turned the car off and put the keys on the dash, in the side view watching the officer approach yelling, gun drawn, aimed down, but drawn, i damn near shit myself. He approached the door and ripped at the handle, flinging the door open. Told me to get out of the car, he was yanking on my shoulder as i was trying to undo the seatbelt, pulling me out of the car and pushing back against the rear door. holstered his gun as the other marked squad cars and the patty wagon cruised in and surrounded the car, flinging their drivers doors open. I was handcuffed and walked to the back of the car while the trooper patted me down, asking if i had anything that would poke him, told him no and he took my liscence. I had a passanger in the car, a young women who I was showing off for. Scared stiff, and understandably so, as there were 3 marked cruisers in front of the car doors open, heads poking out between the gap of the door and the apillars. The trooper told me not to move from the back of that car. There were lots of swear words in that, but im giving you the clean abridged version. That was the longest 10 minutes of my life. When he came back, i could barely look him in the eye as he started telling me "weve got you on public endangerment, intent to kill (because i had a passanger), wreckless driving, civil disobedience (when they had the fees here, wouldve been 200k$ fine), mandatory 1 night in jail for evey mph over the speed limit, and the car is to be impounded immediately." I can't tell you how far my heart sank and just how stupid i felt at that moment. Pretty sure it was visible, because the state trooper and I had a 20 minute conversation, more of a lecture as the only things I could really utter out was "im so sorry". At the end of that conversation, he told me "i hate this area and I dont ever want to have an excuse to come back here, EVER" then told me he was giving me a second chance to have a life and to get where i was going 5mph under the speed limit. You better !#% believe i did exactly that. Took me about 10 minutes to regain my composure as the cruisers started to leave. The trooper followed behind making sure i did as i was told. Pulled in and parked at our location, trooper went on his way. That trooper gave me a second chance to have a life that night. I wouldve lost my job, my car, my life.

so yes, gentlemen, that was the dumbest thing ive ever done in a car.

Flat Black VW 11-23-2012 04:57 PM

You got LUCKY... Was this in NOVA, cause if it was you got EXTREMELY LUCKY..

Grishbok 11-23-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Black VW (Post 571845)
You got LUCKY... Was this in NOVA, cause if it was you got EXTREMELY LUCKY..

yep, was stopped right on the Van Dorn exit from 395.

Dizz1e 11-23-2012 05:08 PM

I concur. Virginia highway cops/traffic violation penalties don't fuq around.... :paddle:

frosty86 11-23-2012 09:39 PM

Not so much of what I do but what the passengers always do...

When they enter the car they always end up kicking the side skirt... So i ALWAYS have to clean off the dirt mark -_-
And then after they enter the car, they go full retard aspergers mode when they try to hook the seat belt into the right slot. They fail and hit close to the cup holder area 2-3 times before they actually LOOK and hook it in. Already have few scuffs because of that.
Then after we arrive, they unhook the seat belt and let that thing fly into the side door or the window.
What really pisses me off the most is when they ask if they can smoke in my car after doing ALL of the things listed above. I would say no anyway even if they didn't.

dgtlmn 11-24-2012 12:15 AM

Finally tested the slippery back end in an empty parking lot. First slide and my front driver side tire was hissing. Seems to have separated from the rim just enough to not see it, but hear it. Donut on and going to dealer in the morning to see what happened.

Grip Ronin 11-24-2012 12:18 AM

i got my frs at 1pm today and i just came back from parking lot drifting lmao 30miles on it

chulooz 11-24-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grip Ronin (Post 572325)
i got my frs at 1pm today and i just came back from parking lot drifting lmao 30miles on it

Arent you a proud scion owner. :bonk:

LeeMaster 11-24-2012 02:03 AM

Had sex......... no shit

enjoi23 11-24-2012 02:27 AM

Dumbest thing? Probably racing a GT-R. I couldn't resist though...IT WAS A GT-R!

jmaryt 11-24-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigranakert (Post 571246)
So I'm on a main street with 6 lanes, 3 going in 1 direction. The middle lane had about 15 cars stopped at a red light. I'm a bit far from them and going like 45mph so I took the right-most lane which was completely empty. Before I even hit the breaks, the light goes green, so I hit the gas to go even faster and pass everyone. Then all of a sudden some car from those stopped ones decides to fill gas on the right side. He cuts me off, but since the gas station entrance was right next to him, I though he would just drive up the ramp. I hit the breaks slow, But Nooooo.... He took a full stop to make the right turn.
Holy shit I had never floored the breaks like that in my life my entire body was straight. I though that was it and was thinking about what I was going to say to people about the accident afterwards. Luckily he moved his car up just enough and my breaks stopped the car at the right time.

Moral of the story... Don't trust anyone else to be a good driver...
(I don't think that would have been my fault even though i was going 45 on a 40.)

I end up honking about 2 times a day on people who cut me off or think their car deserves 2 lanes.

this is sooo true! you cannot assume people will do the right thing while driving! they always f**k it on the road,especially the sh*tbags with a "cell phone" strapped to their heads! ugly!..just sayin'

finch1750 11-24-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainKill (Post 571303)
I let my buddy drive it yesterday and I told him to give it some gas around a sharp corner. He didn't hit anything, but I forgot about the case of beer in the trunk that we had just picked up. The box slid and slammed into the side, breaking one of the bottles.

Once we got to my house, I did my best to clean it up, but the interior of my recently detailed BRZ now smells like I just got back from a long night at a bar. Why the hell did I not just put the beer in the floorboard or in the back seat?

I did the same thing, but with a Costco bottle of pre-made margaritas. I yanked all the mats and the foam out of the trunk and cleaned it for like 30 minutes. I was glad everything pulled out cuz it made it easier to clean. Only smelled like booze for about 3-4 days. Prob helped that most of it drained out of the car since it broke in the corner though.

Deslock 11-24-2012 09:45 AM

When I was a teenager, I barreled downhill on a twisty mountain road that I didn't know, in my first car ('77 AMC Hornet purchased for $100 in a junkyard), with brakes that were on the verge of disintegrating.

Came around the last corner to a red light. No one was waiting on my road at the intersection, but there was moderate traffic on the other street. I braked but didn't have enough time/stopping power, so I drift-merged into the flow of cars. I had no idea what I was doing, and was just lucky that I didn't hurt/kill someone.

Amongst the many lessons learned that day: Be familiar with the road, be prepared for the unexpected, don't overdrive conditions or visibility, and gravity is a harsh mistress. I got off easy.

axss 11-24-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grishbok (Post 571792)
ok so the story goes:

It was in a modified audi b7 rs4.
The trooper had followed me from a distance on the highway and waited until i pulled off on the exit to flip the lights on the unmarked. I was trapped at a red light off the exit, so i flipped my hazards and pulled over onto the shoulder and stopped. The cops door flung open, shouting state trooper hands on the wheel. I had turned the car off and put the keys on the dash, in the side view watching the officer approach yelling, gun drawn, aimed down, but drawn, i damn near shit myself. He approached the door and ripped at the handle, flinging the door open. Told me to get out of the car, he was yanking on my shoulder as i was trying to undo the seatbelt, pulling me out of the car and pushing back against the rear door. holstered his gun as the other marked squad cars and the patty wagon cruised in and surrounded the car, flinging their drivers doors open. I was handcuffed and walked to the back of the car while the trooper patted me down, asking if i had anything that would poke him, told him no and he took my liscence. I had a passanger in the car, a young women who I was showing off for. Scared stiff, and understandably so, as there were 3 marked cruisers in front of the car doors open, heads poking out between the gap of the door and the apillars. The trooper told me not to move from the back of that car. There were lots of swear words in that, but im giving you the clean abridged version. That was the longest 10 minutes of my life. When he came back, i could barely look him in the eye as he started telling me "weve got you on public endangerment, intent to kill (because i had a passanger), wreckless driving, civil disobedience (when they had the fees here, wouldve been 200k$ fine), mandatory 1 night in jail for evey mph over the speed limit, and the car is to be impounded immediately." I can't tell you how far my heart sank and just how stupid i felt at that moment. Pretty sure it was visible, because the state trooper and I had a 20 minute conversation, more of a lecture as the only things I could really utter out was "im so sorry". At the end of that conversation, he told me "i hate this area and I dont ever want to have an excuse to come back here, EVER" then told me he was giving me a second chance to have a life and to get where i was going 5mph under the speed limit. You better !#% believe i did exactly that. Took me about 10 minutes to regain my composure as the cruisers started to leave. The trooper followed behind making sure i did as i was told. Pulled in and parked at our location, trooper went on his way. That trooper gave me a second chance to have a life that night. I wouldve lost my job, my car, my life.

so yes, gentlemen, that was the dumbest thing ive ever done in a car.

Its big of you to share that. Considering another thread in here is "should I turbo my 86 so that I can show all the hoopty drivers were not slow."

Thanks.

yormaX 11-24-2012 01:12 PM

Drifting it.

raul 11-25-2012 11:15 PM

Did some donuts and tried practicing drifting in an empty industrial park, away from residential areas?

jstans84 11-25-2012 11:20 PM

Drank a Red Bull out of the can in the car while driving back home from Florida. I know a non-resealable beverage container could have spilled, I just didn't really have a choice it was that or fall asleep. I will try my best to never let something like that happen again.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.