Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Breaking: standard Scion FR-S / Toyota FT-86 model and aero kits revealed (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2075)

Hachiroku 10-28-2011 11:57 PM

Breaking: standard Scion FR-S / Toyota FT-86 model and aero kits revealed
 
5 Attachment(s)
New set of brochure scans, this time of a standard version FR-S / FT-86. Thanks to Hideo for the images.

Translated versions (thanks to Ichitaka05 !!):

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...2&d=1320338349

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...9&d=1320414673

Attachment 2385

Attachment 2386


Optional Aero Kit Parts:

"Garnish Kits" -- Type-A (left) / Type-B (right)

Attachment 2381





Non-translated originals:

Attachment 2375

Attachment 2380

Attachment 2381




For comparison, here is the Modellista model:


http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...7&d=1319723826

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...8&d=1319723826

Dave-ROR 10-28-2011 11:58 PM

Nice :)

Dark 10-29-2011 12:00 AM

I still dislike the tailight. I will wait for a few years to see refreshed model, I guess.

EDIT: Maybe the red taillight looks better.

quik1987 10-29-2011 12:00 AM

niccceu

Wheels match the mule.
http://stwot.motortrend.com/files/20...3-1024x684.jpg

Chrome accesories look gaudy.

Notice the change in headlight from the modellista leak. No LEDs.

No fin antenna :(

Monkey ass red?

MannyO 10-29-2011 12:02 AM

I like it. Thanks Dark :w00t:.

EDIT: Where's Ichi when we need him to translate :bonk:

WingsofWar 10-29-2011 12:06 AM

not digging any of those inserts

diffuser insert fail
fender insert fail
air dam insert fail
clear tails..urg

Neutral_Eyes 10-29-2011 12:06 AM

2nd picture, right page. That rear end just looks nauseating. Or rather, that it's throwing up. These leaks are cool, I guess, but I don't really want to see a future of fake diffusers and fake vents.

Mari0 10-29-2011 12:09 AM

yey no body/aero kit picture

Dark 10-29-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingsofWar (Post 67704)
not digging any of those inserts

diffuser insert fail
fender insert fail
air dam insert fail
clear tails..urg

True, I would leave it as is.

Mr.Hachi.Roku 10-29-2011 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark (Post 67701)
I still dislike the tailight. I will wait for a few years to see refreshed model, I guess.

EDIT: Maybe the red taillight looks better.


Agreed

I think the taillights look red if you are directly behind them

A little to the side and you will see the white/chrome/silver parts which looks cheap imo

KevinDuMa 10-29-2011 12:14 AM

Wow that looks sick. I was debating white because of Rampant's rendering but if that's the red one I'm having second thoughts.

tranzformer 10-29-2011 12:14 AM

Nice. Thanks.

Too much info in the past 24-36hrs. Hard to keep up with everything. It has been feast or famine and now it is feast.

blur 10-29-2011 12:15 AM

I luvs it.

Where can I buy this brochure...

KevinDuMa 10-29-2011 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 67712)
Nice. Thanks.

Too much info in the past 24-36hrs. Hard to keep up with everything. It has been feast or famine and now it is feast.

I totally agree with you...feels like my head is about to explode. Only key piece missing is official specs...which can not be found in these brochures? You would they would have it in there...

madfast 10-29-2011 12:44 AM

where's Ichi, we need a translation, now!!!

tranzformer 10-29-2011 12:52 AM

If only the person taking these pics would flip a few pages back and take a picture of the spec sheet.

86Fan 10-29-2011 12:55 AM

I don't like the rear

Moolz 10-29-2011 12:56 AM

Nice red :)

Dave-ROR 10-29-2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 67724)
If only the person taking these pics would flip a few pages back and take a picture of the spec sheet.

I'm starting to think they are doing these leaks on purpose..

nate89 10-29-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 67728)
I'm starting to think they are doing these leaks on purpose..

:word:

Dark 10-29-2011 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 67728)
I'm starting to think they are doing these leaks on purpose..

Yes. They do it on purpose. ToMoCo is trying to create a hype, a really big one, for this car. Don't you see they had magazine testing the car since May? No one can get the hand on brochure beside Tomoco and their employees.

R_E_L 10-29-2011 01:13 AM

with the exception of the clear headlights i think it looks great. i guess we all know what the most popular mod is going to be. other than that i would love to own this, great job toyota/subaru

Nambo 10-29-2011 01:16 AM

Looking pretty good. Wish Subaru would leak some information...

Mari0 10-29-2011 01:24 AM

did anyone else notice that the antenna is different (compared to the brochure of the white one)

R_E_L 10-29-2011 01:26 AM

in this pic the brochure names the car at the bottom as a toyota 2000gt (obviously) and i notice that while the first half is cut off, you can make out that it says 'sports' below the pic for the FT-86. could this be a hint at the name of the car?

if we assume this was a purposeful leak by toyota it wouldnt be too surprising if they cut off just enough of the name from the pic.

anyone else (who has better japanese lol) able to make out any signs of the cars name?

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...9&d=1319864785

PuGZoR 10-29-2011 01:27 AM

I love it, but haven't they heard of a scanner?

Hachiroku 10-29-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_E_L (Post 67735)
in this pic the brochure names the car at the bottom as a toyota 2000gt (obviously) and i notice that while the first half is cut off, you can make out that it says 'sports' below the pic for the FT-86. could this be a hint at the name of the car?

The reference to the 2000gt is just drawing a comparison between the window shapes of the two cars. Basically saying how the FT-86 / FR-S draws its shape from the 2000gt.

R_E_L 10-29-2011 01:30 AM

yeah i realize that its comparing them to show the inspiration, but thats what i'm saying. the katakana underneath the pic labels the gt so i was wondering if the katakana under the FT was labeling it as well

of course i could just be reading too deeply into this haha

Mari0 10-29-2011 01:55 AM

quick little PS. I might just forget about getting a white one and go with red... hmmm

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r194/Mari0_B/ft1.jpg

quik1987 10-29-2011 01:57 AM

^Are you Ronald McDonald?

KAuss 10-29-2011 02:58 AM

From all these leaks lately, I wish the front of the car from headlights on down were more aggressive like the MKII design, but the back is really starting to grow on me... The back looks like it is wide body with wheel wells that can fit 10" tires! Although we know that is not the case but it is looking like a very aggressive back end...

I don't care too much for the wheel well signal light, the stock rims are boring, and the fender vent is not to my liking... M3 fender vent is more classy, this is one I can do without however...

BTW, even though this is suppose to be a FRS? It still has the Toyota emblem on all the pictures... I'm guessing nothing will change outside of badge anyways...

Overall, the car is probably 80% love from me right now, they left the other 20% on the MKII, I would probably pay a bit more to drive the MKII for seriously super cereal...

ichitaka05 10-29-2011 02:58 AM

Hey it's Friday night man, I need to party~~

K, give me hr or so & I'll translate em

Hachiroku 10-29-2011 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 67750)
Hey it's Friday night man, I need to party~~

K, give me hr or so & I'll translate em

Thanks Ichi! Looking forward to see it in a bit.

blur 10-29-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 67750)
Hey it's Friday night man, I need to party~~

K, give me hr or so & I'll translate em

lmao

:thanks:

Ichi is the man!

tommy 10-29-2011 03:38 AM

The curved skew of the pages is really throwing me off.

4agze 10-29-2011 03:49 AM

Just found this in club4ag, Mr. Tada's email to moto miwa about what KT thinks about the FRS

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/d...n/66280a20.jpg

ichitaka05 10-29-2011 03:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
K, right now I'm translating some of em... I gonna give you guys a heads up, if you see "***" means 1)words are hard to read or 2)harder kanji that, I don't understand it

@Cyde, you gotta help out when I finish posting em

Here's first page

Attachment 2382

Dannysh 10-29-2011 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 67712)
Nice. Thanks.

Too much info in the past 24-36hrs. Hard to keep up with everything. It has been feast or famine and now it is feast.

i totally agree, the last few days are hard to keep up with the info thats been coming in.

aloretoc 10-29-2011 04:01 AM

I know that I should be happy that we got something leaked... But seriously couldnt they take the picture with a better angle?
:sigh:

Im digging the red color... That butt is missing a wing... at least for my taste...:iono:

kaivo 10-29-2011 04:05 AM

very bad angle :/ front looks like solara and older mazda mixup


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.