Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   BBK Fitment Database? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19756)

F1point4 10-14-2012 05:05 PM

BBK Fitment Database?
 
Out of curiosity I wanted to see what brake kits will fit our wheels. I only have access to a few sets of wheels, if anyone wants to throw their pics up here, I can Avengers assemble them. Please note this is purely to give general indication of fitment, we are not responsible for any fitment issues.



OEM Wheel
17x7 ET48: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...39&postcount=3

Stoptech Front 328x28 ST40M Kit
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8186/8...9f36c409_c.jpg
20121012-86OEMWheelBBKTemplates-4 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Stoptech Front 355x32 ST40M Kit
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8330/8...9879e333_c.jpg
20121012-86OEMWheelBBKTemplates-6 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Stoptech Rear 345x28 ST22 Kit
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8050/8...f7217d18_c.jpg
20121012-86OEMWheelBBKTemplates-7 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Essex Sprint Package Front
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8468/8...04d58b61_c.jpg
20121012-86OEMWheelBBKTemplates-9 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Brembo lolhuge kit. Prototype
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8055/8...cf673e26_c.jpg
20121012-86OEMWheelBBKTemplates-5 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calidrifter (Post 496912)
Wilwood has a bbk that will fit without a spacer.
Here it is on the Darkside Motoring FR-S:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1



Wedssport TC105n
17x9 ET35: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17040

86 OEM Front Brake Clearance
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8327/8...ed915df0_c.jpg
20121014-BBKMeasurement-TC105N-06 by VictorN07, on Flickr

86 OEM Rear Brake Clearance
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8046/8...3258ac08_c.jpg
20121014-BBKMeasurement-TC105N-07 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Stoptech Front 328x28 ST40M Kit
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8191/8...750b94f6_c.jpg
20121014-BBKMeasurement-TC105N-05 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Stoptech Front 355x32 ST40M Kit
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8190/8...54595f3b_c.jpg
20121014-BBKMeasurement-TC105N-04 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Stoptech Rear 345x28 ST22 Kit
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8043/8...d8df1f39_c.jpg
20121014-BBKMeasurement-TC105N-03 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Essex Sprint Package Front
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8326/8...0a58b08a_c.jpg
20121014-BBKMeasurement-TC105N-01 by VictorN07, on Flickr

Brembo lolhuge kit. Prototype
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8186/8...8a526d58_c.jpg
20121014-BBKMeasurement-TC105N-02 by VictorN07, on Flickr

F1point4 10-14-2012 05:05 PM

Reserved in case of picture limit

coyote 10-14-2012 05:43 PM

Good thread.

track_warrior 10-14-2012 08:05 PM

Dude i love you, thanks to you im placing an order on these wheels tomorrow!! So happy they clear the essex sprint kit.

Do you have any rubbing at the track with 255's?

coyote 10-14-2012 08:49 PM

If known, piston sizes of the various calipers would also be useful.

Calidrifter 10-14-2012 10:29 PM

Wilwood has a bbk that will fit without a spacer.

Here it is on the Darkside Motoring FR-S:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

FR-Shadow 10-30-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calidrifter (Post 496912)
Wilwood has a bbk that will fit without a spacer.

Here it is on the Darkside Motoring FR-S:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

Definitely will be buying these if the price is right, i cannot wait!

ichitaka05 10-30-2012 06:48 PM

Great info! Thanks

gmookher 10-30-2012 07:58 PM

I have been eyeing the wilwood stuff...

Surok 10-30-2012 08:05 PM

Awesome! so your saying i should get TC105N? :D

F1point4 10-30-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surok (Post 529372)
Awesome! so your saying i should get TC105N? :D

Sure haha. I think the overall message is, lower offset values give more clearance for width of the calipers. Larger diameter wheels give you more clearance for larger rotors.

Gambit 10-30-2012 08:32 PM

Add the Alcons to the list:
http://www.alconbrakes.jp/03-Brakeki...R98+343x32.gif

I have a set forsale btw ;)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20905

RL_BRZ 10-30-2012 08:42 PM

I love this thread... Thanks for sharing these information...

giraffee 11-01-2012 04:46 AM

how to request sticky!?

track_warrior 11-30-2012 05:57 PM

MODS PLEASE STICKY THIS!!

Dave-ROR 11-30-2012 06:34 PM

BTW Essex Sprint needs at least a 10MM spacer to clear the OEM wheel.

Will sticky this for now, if it doesn't get updated more often there's not much reason to leave it as a sticky though.

Hanakuso 11-30-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 583950)
BTW Essex Sprint needs at least a 10MM spacer to clear the OEM wheel.

Will sticky this for now, if it doesn't get updated more often there's not much reason to leave it as a sticky though.

Are you sure? I was almost certain 7-8mm would be good enough.

Dave-ROR 11-30-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanakuso (Post 583958)
Are you sure? I was almost certain 7-8mm would be good enough.

You need some space for the expansion of the calipers and other components as they get hot. With a 10mm spacer it appears to have maybe 2mm of clearance.

RavenFR-S 12-10-2012 11:18 PM

I have a request.

Will someone do these patterns, please?


Brembo GT Front 345x28mm (Use for Front and back)

http://www.carid.com/images/brembo/p...-1b1.8002a.pdf



Brembo GT 2-Piston Rear 316x20mm

http://www.carid.com/images/brembo/p...-1b1.7017a.pdf

JRitt 01-09-2013 02:49 PM

Some confirmed wheel fitments without spacers on our Essex Sprint and Endurance Systems:

Sprint
Enkie RPF1 17x8 45
Wedsport TC105n 17x9 35
Mach V Motorsports "Awesome" wheel 17x9 42
Work Ultimates 18x8.5 47
Sparco (designed by OZ) Assetto Gara 17x7.5 48

Endurance
Enkie RPF1 17x8 45
BBS CH-R 18x8 38

ICantAffordAnLFA 01-31-2013 08:03 AM

Just tried a few templates on my Rays CE28 18x7.5 47 offset wheels

The following were ok.

Essex AP Sprint , Essex AP Endurance, AP 4 pot formula bbk and interestingly the endurance had more caliper space than the sprint on these wheels.

The following didn't fit

AP 6 pot formula bbk ( calipers caught on spoke )

4 pot AP FBBK
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...90C5D2D838.jpg

Sprint
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...90C1675AB1.jpg

Endurance
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...90BC35D2D3.jpg

King Tut 01-31-2013 09:02 AM

You can add my WedsSport TC105N 18x8 +42 and 08-12 OEM Subaru STI Brembo brakes.

Fizz 02-04-2013 10:40 AM

Hi guys, need advice on whether the essex sprint bbk will clear Work kiwami 18x7.5 +38?

stockysnail 02-20-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 583950)
BTW Essex Sprint needs at least a 10MM spacer to clear the OEM wheel.

Will sticky this for now, if it doesn't get updated more often there's not much reason to leave it as a sticky though.

Can anyone chime in and say they have used the OEM wheels with the Sprint Kit with 10mm spacer or whatever they are using? I read that if I run a spacer larger than 5mm that I will need new/longer lug bolts. Is that also true? I'd rather not spend extra $ on new wheels if I don't need to. I run the OEM wheels with winter tires and 18" Neuspeed RS10 with RE11s so I'd rather not buy more wheels.

Dave-ROR 02-20-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stockysnail (Post 746850)
Can anyone chime in and say they have used the OEM wheels with the Sprint Kit with 10mm spacer or whatever they are using? I read that if I run a spacer larger than 5mm that I will need new/longer lug bolts. Is that also true? I'd rather not spend extra $ on new wheels if I don't need to. I run the OEM wheels with winter tires and 18" Neuspeed RS10 with RE11s so I'd rather not buy more wheels.

I would suggest longer studs for sure. They are pretty cheap and easy to install or you could go with a 15mm spacer that includes them on the spacer itself, then it's real quick.

They need 10mm spacers. I haven't driven the car with them but I use an OEM wheel/tire as my spare tire so I carry the 10mm spacers just for that. I am running ARP extended studs in my car.

Delsy 03-01-2013 07:07 PM

Hi, I installed 18 x 8.5 w/ 45 offset, would brembo 4 & 6 piston BBK will fit? Thanks

Gambit 03-01-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delsy (Post 766672)
Hi, I installed 18 x 8.5 w/ 45 offset, would brembo 4 & 6 piston BBK will fit? Thanks

Ask for an installation cutout diagram that you can test fit to the wheel in order to check clearance

mike@vossen 03-13-2013 12:36 AM

I wish there were pics installed with wheels to see.

TestaRossa 03-13-2013 05:33 AM

Any chance for the 18x9.5 +38 Enkei RPF1 to fit AP or Wilwood BBK?

JRitt 03-13-2013 09:46 AM

This came up in another thread...here are all of the fitment templates for the various brake kits Essex offers:

Essex Sprint Kit wheel fitment template

Essex Endurance Kit wheel fitment template

AP Racing Formula Big Brake Kit Six piston front wheel fitment template

AP Racing Formula Big Brake Kit Four piston front wheel fitment template

AP Racing Formula Big Brake Kit Four piston rear wheel fitment template

JRitt 03-13-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TestaRossa (Post 790263)
Any chance for the 18x9.5 +38 Enkei RPF1 to fit AP or Wilwood BBK?

I'm not sure on that wheel. Please see the links above to the fitment templates. I do know that the two below will both fit our Sprint and Endurance Competition Kits without a spacer.
Enkei RPF1 17x8 45 Enkei RPF1 (very tight fit) 17x9 35
That doesn't necessarily mean the 18x9.5 +38 will fit though. We had a customer try Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45, and they DO NOT FIT the Sprint or Endurance kits. The spoke curvature and back pad were different on these, causing them to interfere. So the moral of the story is, use the templates to check!:happy0180:

Mach V Dan 03-13-2013 12:41 PM

StopTech BRZ 328x28mm kit, with 17x9 Mach V Awesome - fits:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...s/Stoptech.jpg

AP Racing 4-pot "Endurance" kit, with 17x9 Mach V Awesome - fits.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...eclearance.jpg

I have some examples of six-pot kits under 18x9.5" Mach V Wicked Awesome. Want to see those?

--Dan
Mach V

Dave-ROR 03-13-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRitt (Post 790473)
I'm not sure on that wheel. Please see the links above to the fitment templates. I do know that the two below will both fit our Sprint and Endurance Competition Kits without a spacer.
Enkei RPF1 17x8 45 Enkei RPF1 (very tight fit) 17x9 35
That doesn't necessarily mean the 18x9.5 +38 will fit though. We had a customer try Enkei RPF1 17x9 +45, and they DO NOT FIT the Sprint or Endurance kits. The spoke curvature and back pad were different on these, causing them to interfere. So the moral of the story is, use the templates to check!:happy0180:

2004 STi wheels will clear the brakes as well, had a seller test it out last night since I might pick up a set of them.

VRacer111 is test fitting his Kosei K4R's in 17x8 + 36 as well for me.

u/Josh 03-13-2013 01:34 PM

Yep, see this post.

Dave-ROR 03-14-2013 12:52 PM

And the 17x8 + 36 Kosei K4R's fit the Essex Sprint kit as well, quite easily! Confirmed by @Vracer111 and TireRack.

Pic from @Vracer111:
http://vracer111.smugmug.com/photos/...-Pt8Gmxt-L.png

ICantAffordAnLFA 03-15-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 790899)
I think those (17x9+45) fit actually.. FT86 Speed Factory is running them with the Sprint kit, it's tight though.

2004 STi wheels will clear the brakes as well, had a seller test it out last night since I might pick up a set of them.

VRacer111 is test fitting his Kosei K4R's in 17x8 + 36 as well for me.

What does the 2004 sti wheel look like in the US?

FT-86 SpeedFactory 03-15-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 790899)
I think those (17x9+45) fit actually.. FT86 Speed Factory is running them with the Sprint kit, it's tight though.

+45 are not good. +35 is what we are running and it works (tightly). :)

Dave-ROR 03-15-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT-86 SpeedFactory (Post 796842)
+45 are not good. +35 is what we are running and it works (tightly). :)

Thanks removed my bad info.

Dave-ROR 03-15-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICantAffordAnLFA (Post 796022)
What does the 2004 sti wheel look like in the US?

http://amsperformance.com/amsperform...For%20Sale.JPG

17x7.5 +53 5x100.

ICantAffordAnLFA 03-16-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 796852)

Looks like a good solution to my limited off track miles

Do they fit, sprint and endurance?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.