Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Newly Released Remark R1-Spec Titanium Exhaust (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145383)

thekevinvo 05-18-2021 03:18 PM

Newly Released Remark R1-Spec Titanium Exhaust
 
Remark sent me one of their new R1-Spec exhausts for the FRS/BRZ/86 to test out. There are two different versions: Stainless Steel (18.2lbs) & Titanium (14.6lbs)

I'll post more exhaust clips in the thread once I get the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn4gcxTrny0

DarkPira7e 05-18-2021 05:37 PM

Just to make it clear, only the muffler is titanium (not the entire catback, but also not just the tip)

thekevinvo 05-18-2021 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPira7e (Post 3433893)
Just to make it clear, only the muffler is titanium (not the entire catback, but also not just the tip)

That is correct. On both versions the mid pipe section is stainless steel, however, you have the option of getting the titanium muffler section to shed some more weight.

mike_b 05-18-2021 08:41 PM

Single exits do not look good on these cars IMO.

DarkSunrise 05-18-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b (Post 3433953)
Single exits do not look good on these cars IMO.

Initially I wasn't a fan either, but I'm coming around on them. Kind of gives a purposeful weight saving look.

squid 05-19-2021 04:01 PM

Oh, a thinly veiled marketing attempt from someone who is no longer a vendor on this site.

thekevinvo 05-19-2021 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 3434202)
Oh, a thinly veiled marketing attempt from someone who is no longer a vendor on this site.

Strange you act like you know who it is I am. I've never been a vendor on this forum. I have no intention of slinging parts on here as it has no benefit to me whatsoever. I make these videos on my own time and want to be able to share my experiences with the community.

It's funny how out of all the threads on here you chose to single out mine for your one and only post. How is it that you've contributed to the community?

thekevinvo 05-19-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike_b (Post 3433953)
Single exits do not look good on these cars IMO.

This will always be something that's subjective to the car enthusiast. I'm sure there's plenty of people who don't like it and a good amount of people who enjoy it as well. At the end of the day, it's nice to have a variety of different choices.

DarkPira7e 05-19-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 3434202)
...

Oh, a thinly veiled attempt to throw shade at another vendor from someone who is no longer a vendor

thekevinvo 05-19-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSunrise (Post 3433956)
Initially I wasn't a fan either, but I'm coming around on them. Kind of gives a purposeful weight saving look.

I've been wanting to get an exhaust hole block off to see how it looks, but I also need to keep that hole open just in case I need to install other exhausts that happen to be dual exit.

I'll probably end up throwing one on eventually though since they're not too hard to install and uninstall.

jflogerzi 05-19-2021 07:09 PM

In the video what was the current exhaust on the car. Looks to be full Ti catback.

DarkSunrise 05-19-2021 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jflogerzi (Post 3434261)
In the video what was the current exhaust on the car. Looks to be full Ti catback.

Pretty sure that was a Tomei 60s.

DarkSunrise 05-19-2021 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekevinvo (Post 3434247)
I've been wanting to get an exhaust hole block off to see how it looks, but I also need to keep that hole open just in case I need to install other exhausts that happen to be dual exit.

I'll probably end up throwing one on eventually though since they're not too hard to install and uninstall.

I think it looks better without the block off personally. Function over form look for a track car.

Which is louder, the Tomei or Remark?

squid 05-20-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekevinvo (Post 3434243)
Strange you act like you know who it is I am. I've never been a vendor on this forum. I have no intention of slinging parts on here as it has no benefit to me whatsoever. I make these videos on my own time and want to be able to share my experiences with the community.

It's funny how out of all the threads on here you chose to single out mine for your one and only post. How is it that you've contributed to the community?


You link directly to your online shop as the first link in the video description. It's pretty clear you know exactly what you're doing, and you're getting free advertising here. So yeah, I'd say slinging parts is pretty high on your priority list.

thekevinvo 05-20-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 3434496)
You link directly to your online shop as the first link in the video description. It's pretty clear you know exactly what you're doing, and you're getting free advertising here. So yeah, I'd say slinging parts is pretty high on your priority list.

It's not my online shop :lol: do you see me posting up links to products on the forum telling people to buy products? I shared a video to show people a new exhaust option.

If they're interested, I provided the link to where they can get more info and buy it in the description. It's as simple as that. I don't make any money from them clicking on the link or buying it...

Do you complain when other members post about other new products as well?

Again, have you made any worthwhile contributions to this community or are you just here to give me a hard time?

thekevinvo 05-20-2021 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jflogerzi (Post 3434261)
In the video what was the current exhaust on the car. Looks to be full Ti catback.

Tomei Type 60S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OKNEjf_DV0

thekevinvo 05-20-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkSunrise (Post 3434267)
I think it looks better without the block off personally. Function over form look for a track car.

Which is louder, the Tomei or Remark?

The Remark is noticeably louder with it not having a resonator. It has a deeper and more throaty exhaust tone that I prefer though.

Trueweltall 05-20-2021 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 3434202)
Oh, a thinly veiled marketing attempt from someone who is no longer a vendor on this site.


Who hurt you little buddy?

spcmafia 05-20-2021 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squid (Post 3434496)
You link directly to your online shop as the first link in the video description. It's pretty clear you know exactly what you're doing, and you're getting free advertising here. So yeah, I'd say slinging parts is pretty high on your priority list.


Unfortunately it is not up to you to decide whether he's a vendor or not, that's why we have mods and admins. Another thing is that it is strange that your first posts have been targeted to this thread which leads me to believe that you're someone that probably has been banned before for similar behavior. But that is not up to me to determine. Attacking other members as a mere new member with zero contributions to the website won't gain you a lot of support here.

thekevinvo 05-20-2021 03:28 PM

Here are the sound clips

https://youtu.be/wLxAhqOobdU

jflogerzi 05-21-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thekevinvo (Post 3434569)
Here are the sound clips

https://youtu.be/wLxAhqOobdU

stock header and stock FP?

thekevinvo 05-21-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jflogerzi (Post 3434758)
stock header and stock FP?

Yes, every other exhaust component is stock.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.