Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   All the spam from Bravia: Go away (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1295)

tranzformer 05-16-2011 05:01 PM

All the spam from Bravia: Go away
 
Anyone noticed all of the new posters spamming the site? They all seem to be coming from Bravia or wherever that is. Thanks admins for taking care of it once you see it.

4agze 05-16-2011 05:02 PM

why cant we have a filter like other forums or atleast a active moderator

tranzformer 05-16-2011 08:34 PM

I wonder if the mods can just do an IP ban? Hachiroku has been pretty good with deleting the threads with spammers. Just strange it seems like the same person/group of people keep doing it. You would think they would learn after the first or second time.

Random_Art 05-17-2011 09:17 AM

The made up land of Bravia is the new Nigeria it would seem.

Giccin 05-17-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Art (Post 41899)
The made up land of Bravia is the new Nigeria it would seem.

I thought they came from the land of.. Sony T.Vs. :/

tranzformer 05-17-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giccin (Post 41913)
I thought they came from the land of.. Sony T.Vs. :/


That was what I thought of at first too. But I had to google it to see if it was some city in eastern Europe that I hadn't heard of before. Well, it isn't. hahaha

tranzformer 05-17-2011 02:03 PM

Now bravia wants us to learn about mini chill. lol First it was anti-virus now this. :popcorn:

iff2mastamatt 05-17-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 41761)
I wonder if the mods can just do an IP ban? Hachiroku has been pretty good with deleting the threads with spammers. Just strange it seems like the same person/group of people keep doing it. You would think they would learn after the first or second time.

I know other forums were able to locate the ip of some posters and delete them. This would be useful because if he/she wanted to create another username, they could be discovered easily and then deleted.

tranzformer 05-17-2011 02:08 PM

But they want to sell you antivirus and liposuction. They are being so helpful to us. lol

Random_Art 05-17-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 41964)
But they want to sell you antivirus and liposuction. They are being so helpful to us. lol

not me! I'm on a mac (no virus problems really) and I'm skinny as a rail. If anything I need to gain weight :bonk:

Giccin 05-17-2011 02:22 PM

Next up. They're going to sell Herbal Viagra~!

tranzformer 05-17-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Art (Post 41972)
not me! I'm on a mac (no virus problems really) and I'm skinny as a rail. If anything I need to gain weight :bonk:


I'm actually on a Mac too. Actually disagree with you about the "no virus problem" as that is really an old wives tale. I still run antivirus on my Mac. But I digress.

I'm sure a minichill could be helpful to you, no?

tranzformer 05-17-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giccin (Post 41973)
Next up. They're going to sell Herbal Viagra~!

Hey now, don't give them any ideas. :paddle:

iff2mastamatt 05-17-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Art (Post 41972)
not me! I'm on a mac (no virus problems really) and I'm skinny as a rail. If anything I need to gain weight :bonk:

Hmm, I stalk these forums with my Ipad perpetually so maybe I could use some virus protection from the good ol' land of Bravia?

Random_Art 05-17-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 41975)
I'm actually on a Mac too. Actually disagree with you about the "no virus problem" as that is really an old wives tale. I still run antivirus on my Mac. But I digress.

I'm sure a minichill could be helpful to you, no?

I run an antivirus program too. Fortunately nothing ever turns up, I know there are viruses out there that target macs, just few and far between.

tranzformer 05-17-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Art (Post 42001)
I run an antivirus program too. Fortunately nothing ever turns up, I know there are viruses out there that target macs, just few and far between.

Yeah I haven't had any viruses since I switched to a Mac computer 4 years ago. But I like being careful.

iff2mastamatt 05-17-2011 05:42 PM

As long as you don't download or visit sketchy (or even naughty) websites then there is little chance to get a virus on a PC. Macs don't need antivirus, it's just a a waste of money.

Allch Chcar 05-17-2011 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iff2mastamatt (Post 42049)
As long as you don't download or visit sketchy (or even naughty) websites then there is little chance to get a virus on a PC. Macs don't need antivirus, it's just a a waste of money.

Who pays for an anti-virus these days?

The rumor that Macs are magically more stable is also bullock too. I grew up with Macs and I learned ctrl-command-apple before I ever knew about ctrl-alt-delete.

Random_Art 05-17-2011 06:36 PM

I grew up on macs too, though locking up isn't quite a problem as it used to be. Or maybe I'm just lucky. I'm not trying to be a fanboy here. My mac is just for my 2D work, and internet. The windows workstation sitting next to it has all my 3D software on it, and keeping it off the internet has gone a long way to keeping it stable.

Siriusly.Andrew 05-17-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random_Art (Post 42069)
keeping it off the internet has gone a long way to keeping it stable.

Ever seen the movie TRON? Your programs will be dying to break out of there and take over the world lol :P

tranzformer 05-18-2011 10:16 PM

I might check out bravia's film. Should be good.

Allch Chcar 05-18-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 42657)
I might check out bravia's film. Should be good.

Don't talke to it, Merry. Don't encourage it!

serialk11r 05-19-2011 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allch Chcar (Post 42066)
Who pays for an anti-virus these days?

The rumor that Macs are magically more stable is also bullock too. I grew up with Macs and I learned ctrl-command-apple before I ever knew about ctrl-alt-delete.

Macs are not more stable, especially with their 40mm blower fans that are turned off to stay quiet :bellyroll:

I do think there is a place for antivirus though, sometimes it catches innocent looking programs that are apparently malicious in some way. Can't be 100% sure of everything you download...

xantonin 05-19-2011 03:34 AM

Aye that's true, you can't be sure of everything you download. That's why my recommendation is to not download everything then. ;)

serialk11r 05-19-2011 04:49 AM

I dunno when I used Norton Internet Security trial on this laptop it caught some stuff that I was pretty surprised about. Nowadays antivirus programs are much better at not sucking away your system resources, and sometimes you can find the software for pretty cheap. Once Newegg had a Shell Shocker deal on Norton Internet Security 2011, 20 bucks for 3 installs, 1 year subscription. I currently don't use it but I'd actually consider paying money for it. If I had more sensitive stuff on my computer I'd definitely use it.

[es vi: eks] 06-13-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 42007)
Yeah I haven't had any viruses since I switched to a Mac computer 4 years ago. But I like being careful.

My GFs old mac didnt have any anti virus. Never got a virus on it for 7 or so years. Battery finally died on it.


Im sick of these spammers. More turned up.

tranzformer 06-13-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [es vi: eks] (Post 47082)
My GFs old mac didnt have any anti virus. Never got a virus on it for 7 or so years. Battery finally died on it.


That might have worked 3-5 years ago when Macs were a small market share. I have been solely on Macs the past 4 years and would never use one without anti-virus. Partly because I have sensitive work documents and personal info on it. But also because it is good practice.


Macs can be just as easily hacked as any other OS. Please don't be fooled. More hackers will start focusing on Macs as their popularity and market share increases. Even something as simple as ClamXav (which is free) is a simple option for antivirus protection.

[u2b]4THyVOyGJL4[/u2b]

[es vi: eks] 06-13-2011 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 47092)
That might have worked 3-5 years ago when Macs were a small market share. I have been solely on Macs the past 4 years and would never use one without anti-virus. Partly because I have sensitive work documents and personal info on it. But also because it is good practice.


Macs can be just as easily hacked as any other OS. Please don't be fooled. More hackers will start focusing on Macs as their popularity and market share increases. Even something as simple as ClamXav (which is free) is a simple option for antivirus protection.

[u2b]4THyVOyGJL4[/u2b]

I honestly dont like being with out any anti virus either.
It only died a few weeks ago. When she gets a replacement I will make sure she has it and keep it updated.

Giccin 06-13-2011 03:44 AM

I use bitdefender. Hasn't failed me. Newegg had a deal going that it was 3PCs/macs free for 1 year. Lol

serialk11r 06-13-2011 04:18 AM

Meh what's the deal with this 3 machines 1 year stuff? I guess it doesn't matter for me as I can split cost with my roomies or something next year, but I don't understand it. Not everyone has 3 computers.

Giccin 06-13-2011 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serialk11r (Post 47103)
Meh what's the deal with this 3 machines 1 year stuff? I guess it doesn't matter for me as I can split cost with my roomies or something next year, but I don't understand it. Not everyone has 3 computers.

Iono. But its free. Lol Well it was buy 1 year for $20 and get a $20 rebate. Nonetheless free. lol

70NYD 06-13-2011 08:10 AM

Macs are useless, that's why noone bothers to hack them and make SO many viruses to annoy people
Apple is a great advertising mule but. Hence why so many ppl have iMacs/iPhones/iPods.

Random_Art 06-13-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70NYD (Post 47111)
Macs are useless, that's why noone bothers to hack them and make SO many viruses to annoy people
Apple is a great advertising mule but. Hence why so many ppl have iMacs/iPhones/iPods.

Are you even familiar with macs? This statement just screams of someone who has a baseless prejudice to the point where you wouldn't even touch one for fear that you may possibly be wrong. Granted, Mac computers don't have the same game selection as PC's do, but in my experience all the good/popular games get ported over to mac as well. Call of duty, halo, world of warcraft, the sims are all available for mac. I have Team Fortress 2 on mine.

Macs first and foremost are graphics computers, always have been. You could visit a bunch of digital art studios and I'm willing to bet that about 75% of them are mostly Mac computers.

"But mac's aren't upgradeable!" wrong... sort of. For iMac's and their laptops, this is true. Except for RAM you can't do much. But, for the Power Mac workstations (the ones with the big separate tower) there are plenty of parts available to upgrade it, not as many as for a PC though. Just for sake of argument, here's the nVidia Quadro site: http://www.nvidia.com/page/quadrofx_family.html Both the Quadro 4000 and Quadro FX 4800 are available for Mac.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.