Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   First Spy Pics of Scion FR-S / Toyota FT-86 Production Test Mule! (Updated 5/17) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1290)

Hachiroku 05-16-2011 11:30 AM

First Spy Pics of Scion FR-S / Toyota FT-86 Production Test Mule! (Updated 5/17)
 
27 Attachment(s)
We bring you the first photosof the latest Scion FR-S / Toyota FT-86 production test mule! It compares most closely to the FT-86 II Concept car rather than the recently revealed Scion FR-S.

What’s curious is that it wears 17″ Subaru/Enkei wheels.



UPDATED PHOTOS 5/17/11:


Attachment 1790

Attachment 1791

Attachment 1792

Attachment 1793

Attachment 1794

Attachment 1795

Attachment 1796

Attachment 1797

Attachment 1798

Attachment 1799

Attachment 1800

Attachment 1801

Attachment 1802

Attachment 1803

Attachment 1804

Attachment 1805








ORIGINAL PHOTOS



Attachment 1761

Attachment 1762

Attachment 1763

Attachment 1764

Attachment 1765

Attachment 1766

Attachment 1767

Attachment 1768

Attachment 1769

Attachment 1770

Attachment 1771

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...3&d=1305571526






Some Scion FR-S concept photos for comparison:


http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...9&d=1303325545

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1303325701

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...4&d=1303325701

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...7&d=1303325701

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...2&d=1303325846




Some FT-86 II concept photos for comparison:


http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...3&d=1298969682

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...4&d=1298969682

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...6&d=1298969682

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...5&d=1298964947

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...6&d=1298964947

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...9&d=1299082886

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...2&d=1299082917

ichitaka05 05-16-2011 11:35 AM

I think, that's not a Toyota/SCION ver... I think/might be Subie ver... I'll double check

Giccin 05-16-2011 11:39 AM

That... "car warp" freaking is an eyesore. Jesus.

ichitaka05 05-16-2011 11:41 AM

Oh Hachi, it's better compare w MkII ver instead of MkIII.

Dark 05-16-2011 11:41 AM

I think it's production version of Mk2. Look at the rear wing. I notice that the head and taillight look a bit bland when they translate into production car.

C-Bone 05-16-2011 11:43 AM

Nice

kaivo 05-16-2011 11:45 AM

these light are same waht we saw some magazine render.
They made that car too bland now :/

Infernal 05-16-2011 11:45 AM

Jizz in my pants

tranzformer 05-16-2011 11:46 AM

Awesome!! Thanks Hachiroku. :thumbsup:

tranzformer 05-16-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giccin (Post 41409)
That... "car warp" freaking is an eyesore. Jesus.


You don't like the nightclub wallpaper they used for the body? lol

nickatdunning 05-16-2011 11:52 AM

it doesn't have the bold look it did in the concept :( maybe it is the subie version

tranzformer 05-16-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickatdunning (Post 41417)
it doesn't have the bold look it did in the concept :( maybe it is the subie version

Production car are always "neutered" from the concept/prototypes shown off. Concepts are just that, a concept. Used to gain interest in the car, show off what they can do...etc. Much of that won't be put into production due to cost and not being feasible on a budget car.

cozykat 05-16-2011 11:54 AM

Those look like subie (forester sti) wheels.
http://japanparts.com/images/ImageFr...ase=1&no=18908

Dark 05-16-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickatdunning (Post 41417)
it doesn't have the bold look it did in the concept :( maybe it is the subie version

Too early to judge. The jewel is inside the camo.

Edit: at least, they get rid of LED and front vents from mark 2.

Stubaru 05-16-2011 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 41408)
I think, that's not a Toyota/SCION ver... I think/might be Subie ver... I'll double check

Those are certainly Subaru wheels, I have a set on my forester. The spoiler and the door handles also have a Subaru look to them.

Stu

RWDJunkie 05-16-2011 11:56 AM

Some of you were really expecting too much after seeing Five Axis' custom FR-S. But this is looking good to me. My only complaint so far is aimed at those stupid portals next to the mirrors. I think those belong on minivans. I really dislike seeing them on cars. Oh well. It can't be helped at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/PUE0m.jpg

ichitaka05 05-16-2011 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozykat (Post 41419)
Those look like subie (forester sti) wheels.
http://japanparts.com/images/ImageFr...ase=1&no=18908

Yes, you're correct. They're Subaru/Enkei 17 w 215/40/17. Along w brakes, few stuff too.

no_name 05-16-2011 12:02 PM

Those wheels are a really high offset for a RWD car. Although it looks like there's a lot of space between them and the edge of the fender. Could they not find some wheels that actually fit on the car for the test mule?

ichitaka05 05-16-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no_name (Post 41424)
Those wheels are a really high offset for a RWD car. Although it looks like there's a lot of space between them and the edge of the fender. Could they not find some wheels that actually fit on the car for the test mule?

They have been using that wheel/tire spec since first test run at mule

aliphian 05-16-2011 12:05 PM

I'd like to see it next to the first concept.

tranzformer 05-16-2011 12:05 PM

Looks like the pics were taken in Dossenheim, Germany?

SUB-FT86 05-16-2011 12:06 PM

Nooooooo!!!!!!!! This looks to simple and plain. I have a bad feeling about the real thing.

R_E_L 05-16-2011 12:06 PM

this is definitely the FT II in production version the overall body design (none of the big frs wheel arches) mirrors it and this appears to be taken in Europe. so it looks like the scion and Toyota versions will indeed look different.

I also noticed that the diffuser is still there and that the LED strip is now in the headlamp housing. didn't think those things would make it into the production version. I guess that means the US has a good chance of keeping it in the scion ver.

looks good!

Ryephile 05-16-2011 12:08 PM

FWIW, the wheels are Subaru 17" wheels.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog....eneva-2011.jpg

tranzformer 05-16-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R_E_L (Post 41429)
this is definitely the FT II in production version the overall body design (none of the big frs wheel arches) mirrors it. so it looks like the scion and Toyota versions will indeed look different.

I also noticed that the diffuser is still there and that the LED strip is now in the headlamp housing. didn't think those thongs would make it into the production version. I guess that means the US has a good chance of keeping it in the scion ver.

looks good!

Have there been any indications that Toyota and Scion versions will look different? Any indications that the FR-S concept will look that way at production?

tranzformer 05-16-2011 12:10 PM

If it is indeed a Subaru version at least it is safe to say it looks better than this one:


http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...f/original.jpg

Dragonitti 05-16-2011 12:14 PM

I'll take the high wheel arcs of the FR-S anyday. If they don't come with them in production, just might have to get someone to make them...lol

tranzformer 05-16-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWDJunkie (Post 41422)
Some of you were really expecting too much after seeing Five Axis' custom FR-S. But this is looking good to me. My only complaint so far is aimed at those stupid portals next to the mirrors. I think those belong on minivans. I really dislike seeing them on cars. Oh well. It can't be helped at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/PUE0m.jpg


They look similar to a 370z side mirror. Wonder if this test mule has bad blind spots, hence needing the larger mirror.

iDriveFast 05-16-2011 12:21 PM

Looks like I'll be getting the 2012 gen coupe. I hope the scion version looks better.

kiya 05-16-2011 12:21 PM

This shit is too ugly.
I'm out.
2012 Camaro SS 45th Anni, i'm placing my deposit next week.

This will be my first car that is not a Toyota in 15 years.

no_name 05-16-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 41425)
They have been using that wheel/tire spec since first test run at mule

Oh. Well it's particularly apparent in the picture above.

Ryephile 05-16-2011 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did a very quick-n-cheap overall height estimate.

Since they're Subie 17" wheels, that means their overall diameter is ~18" from lip-to-lip. I cut them out and stacked them up.

18*3=54

Since the roof is about 1/4 wheel diameter lower than 54"

54-[18/4]=49.5" Tall

Under 50"....YES!!! :party0030:

tranzformer 05-16-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iDriveFast (Post 41437)
Looks like I'll be getting the 2012 gen coupe. I hope the scion version looks better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiya (Post 41438)
This shit is too ugly.
I'm out.
2012 Camaro SS 45th Anni, i'm placing my deposit next week.

This will be my first car that is not a Toyota in 15 years.


Might I recommend that you should actually wait until the production version is released to decide if you like it or not instead of basing your irrational decision off of a concept/prototype/test mule. Good grief, the car won't be out until next year and people are already deciding they don't want it. If you don't want it ok. But at least wait for the real thing to be released before complaining.

tranzformer 05-16-2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryephile (Post 41440)
I did a very quick-n-cheap overall height estimate.

Since they're Subie 17" wheels, that means their overall diameter is ~18" from lip-to-lip. I cut them out and stacked them up.

18*3=54

Since the roof is about 1/4 wheel diameter lower than 54"

54-[18/4]=49.5" Tall

Under 50"....YES!!! :party0030:

So it seems the dimensions might not be too far off these:

FT86:
Length: 163.78 inches / Width: 69.29 inches / Height: 48.19 inches / Wheelbase: 101.18 inches

colHolm 05-16-2011 12:32 PM

Nice find. Overall the design looks pretty "Toyota". Here's hoping the Scion design is a less diluted version of the concept.

Sea1monkey2 05-16-2011 12:33 PM

im definitely thinking thats the subie, it looks nice, toned down in the best of ways. maybe some of the features are hidden in the wrap. also, i cant help but notice that from straight on the front... it looks like an s2000

Dean 05-16-2011 12:37 PM

I was debating whether or not to buy the car if it looked likenthe concept, mainly Because it's a scion and has 200hp. Now that they made it ugly, what does this car have going for it? I'm out

iDriveFast 05-16-2011 12:42 PM

Production version wont be far off from this which means it will still be ugly. But like i said if this is the subie version i will wait to see how the scion version looks.

tranzformer 05-16-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean (Post 41447)
I was debating whether or not to buy the car if it looked likenthe concept, mainly Because it's a scion and has 200hp. Now that they made it ugly, what does this car have going for it? I'm out

:suicide:

Dean 05-16-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzformer (Post 41449)
:suicide:

:sigh: retard


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.