Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2013 Scion FR-S Factory Service / Shop Manual (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12135)

azian_advanced 07-19-2012 10:19 AM

2013 Scion FR-S Factory Service / Shop Manual
 
COMPLETE (Unofficial) 2013 Scion FR-S Service / Shop Manual
(77.52 MB Filesize)



Special Thanks To: Surakusa for putting all 5107 pages into a single PDF in the proper order and disabling the hyperlinks.




NOTICE: The hyperlinks in the PDF portfolio version won't work unless you have a (paid) membership to log in with TechInfo.
All the links do is redirect you to another section of the manual that was already covered to avoid having to add the same material twice.
You'll just have to navigate to the corresponding sections yourself.



This manual contains all vehicle specs (torque specs, alignment, etc.), maintenance procedures, part
removal & reinstallation with diagrams, and almost every DIY how-to information you can imagine for every
part of the vehicle (powertrain, suspension, chassis, interior/exterior parts, etc.).








Option 1: DOWNLOAD
Single PDF (Fast. All 5107 pages in one PDF! Use "Ctrl + F" to search)

Option 2: DOWNLOAD
PDF Portfolio (Very slow to load due to a bug with Adobe Acrobat/Reader v10.1 and up, but the pages are categorized as per the Table of Contents)




Single PDF
Mirror (MediaFire)
Mirror (4shared - requires sign up/log in)

PDF Portfolio
Mirror (MediaFire)
Mirror (4shared - requires sign up/log in)







Similar thread:
Official 2013 Scion FR-S & Subaru BRZ Electrical Wiring Diagrams


.

azian_advanced 07-19-2012 10:21 AM

Table of Contents (Simplified)
  1. Introduction
    • Foreword / Caution / Section
  2. General
    • Introduction
      • How To Use This Manual
      • Terms
      • Identification Information
      • How to Troubleshoot ECU Controlled Systems
      • Repair Instruction
    • Maintenance
      • Body
      • Brake
      • Chassis
      • Engine
      • Inside Vehicle
      • Outside Vehicle
      • Under Hood
    • Preparation
      • Alignment - Handling Diagnosis
      • Audio - Video
      • Axle and Differential
      • Brake - Front
      • Brake - Rear
      • Brake Control - Dynamic Control Systems
      • Brake System - Other
      • Clutch
      • Cruise Control
      • Door - Hatch
      • Door Lock
      • Driveshaft - Propeller Shaft
      • Exterior Panels - Trim
      • FA20 - Battery - Charging
      • FA20 - Cooling
      • FA20 - Emission Control
      • FA20 - Engine Control
      • FA20 - Engine Mechanical
      • FA20 - Fuel
      • FA20 - Intake - Exhaust
      • FA20 - Lubrication
      • FA20 - Starting
      • Front Suspension
      • Heating - Air Conditioning
      • Horn
      • Interior Panels - Trim
      • Lighting - Exterior
      • Lighting - Interior
      • Meter - Gauge - Display
      • Mirror - External
      • Networking
      • Parking Brake
      • Power Assist Systems
      • Power Distribution
      • Rear Suspension
      • Seat
      • Seatbelt
      • Steering Column
      • Steering Gear - Linkage
      • Supplemental Restraint Systems
      • Theft Deterrent - Keyless Entry
      • Tire - Wheel
      • Tire Pressure Monitoring
      • TL70 Manual Transmission - Transaxle
      • TX6A Automatic Transmission - Transaxle
      • Window - Glass
      • Wiper - Washer
    • Specification
      • Alignment - Handling Diagnosis
      • Audio - Video
      • Axle and Differential
      • Brake - Front
      • Brake - Rear
      • Brake Control - Dynamic Control Systems
      • Brake System - Other
      • Clutch
      • Cruise Control
      • Door - Hatch
      • Door Lock
      • Driveshaft - Propeller Shaft
      • Exterior Panels - Trim
      • FA20 - Battery - Charging
      • FA20 - Cooling
      • FA20 - Emission Control
      • FA20 - Engine Control
      • FA20 - Engine Mechanical
      • FA20 - Fuel
      • FA20 - Intake - Exhaust
      • FA20 - Lubrication
      • FA20 - Starting
      • Front Suspension
      • Heating - Air Conditioning
      • Horn
      • Interior Panels - Trim
      • Lighting - Exterior
      • Lighting - Interior
      • Meter - Gauge - Display
      • Mirror - External
      • Networking
      • Parking Brake
      • Power Assist Systems
      • Power Distribution
      • Rear Suspension
      • Seat
      • Seatbelt
      • Steering Column
      • Steering Gear - Linkage
      • Supplemental Restraint Systems
      • Theft Deterrent - Keyless Entry
      • Tire - Wheel
      • Tire Pressure Monitoring
      • TL70 Manual Transmission - Transaxle
      • TX6A Automatic Transmission - Transaxle
      • Window - Glass
      • Wiper - Washer
  3. Audio/Visual Telematics
    • Amplifier Antenna
    • Audio and Visual System
    • Front Door Speaker
    • Instrument Panel Speaker (for 6 Speakers)
    • Instrument Panel Speaker (for 8 Speakers)
    • Microphone
    • Noise Filter
    • Quarter Trim Speaker
    • Radio Antenna Cord
    • Radio Antenna Pole
    • Stereo Component Amplifier
    • Stereo Jack Adapter Assembly
  4. Brake
    • Brake (Front)
      • Front Brake
      • Front Brake Flexible Hose
    • Brake (Rear)
      • Rear Brake
      • Rear Brake Flexible Hose
    • Brake Control - Dynamic Control Systems
      • Brake Actuator
      • Front Speed Sensor
      • Rear Speed Sensor
      • Steering Angle Sensor
      • Vehicle Stability Control System
      • VSC Off Switch
    • Brake System - Other
      • Brake Booster
      • Brake Fluid
      • Brake Line
      • Brake Master Cylinder
      • Brake Pedal - Automatic Transmission
      • Brake Pedal - Manual Transmission
      • Brake System
      • Vacuum Pump
    • Parking Brake
  5. Drivetrain
    • Axle & Differential
    • Clutch
    • Drive Shaft - Propellor Shaft
    • TL70 Manual Transmission - Transaxle
    • TX6A Automatic Transmission - Transaxle
  6. Engine
    • Cooling
    • Cruise Control
    • Emission Control
    • Engine Control
    • Engine Mechanical
    • Fuel
    • Intake - Exhaust
    • Lubrication
    • Starting
  7. Power (Electrical)
    • FA20 Battery - Charging
    • Networking (Communication System)
    • Power Distribution
  8. Steering
    • Power Assist Systems
    • Steering Column
    • Steering Gear - Linkage
  9. Suspension
    • Alignment - Handling Diagnosis
    • Front Suspension
    • Rear Suspension
    • Tire - Wheel
    • Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
  10. Vehicle Exterior
    • Door - Hatch
    • Exterior Panels - Trim
    • Horn
    • Lighting - Exterior
    • Mirror - Exterior
    • Window - Glass
    • Wiper - Washer
  11. Vehicle Interior
    • Door Lock
    • Heating - Air Conditioning
    • Interior Panels - Trim
    • Lighting - Interior
    • Meter - Gauge - Display
    • Mirror - Interior
    • Power Outlets - Interior
    • Seat
    • Seatbelt
    • Supplemental Restraint Systems (SRS)
    • Theft Deterrent - Keyless Entry

Drunknhero 07-19-2012 11:13 AM

thank you this will come in handy!

bneale 07-19-2012 11:14 AM

I'd love to download this but the stupid link you posted is asking me to create a login before even downloading. I don't want to bother doing that! I just want this 1 file. I'll probably never use the site again.

Can you post it somewhere more easily accessable so we all don't have to create logins for this site?

Thanks for posting this though. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

bneale

azian_advanced 07-19-2012 11:22 AM

recommend me another upload server. i've tried multiupload but that doesn't seem to be working.

i spent days putting this together and having a copy of this would save you large sums of $ in the long run so i don't think spending a couple of mins to sign up is really that bad. (i'm in no way affiliated with the 4shared server btw). but i'm open to other suggestions.

also i've already PM'd the site admin a request to host it on the forum server. just waiting to hear back. i get an error when i try to attach the file to the OP.

KlafKoon 07-19-2012 11:24 AM

Thank you! Luckily I had a login from awhile back

ahausheer 07-19-2012 11:25 AM

Can you make it a PDF as opposed to a PDF Portfolio? I have the full adobe suite, is there anyway I can do that?

phanguy 07-19-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahausheer (Post 325370)
Can you make it a PDF as opposed to a PDF Portfolio? I have the full adobe suite, is there anyway I can do that?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3727735

That should do it... I don't have the full suite to try it on though, but if you do it then please post it! :happy0180:

HunterGreene 07-19-2012 11:38 AM

Thank you Azain! Currently downloading

Quote:

Originally Posted by bneale (Post 325343)
I'd love to download this but the stupid link you posted is asking me to create a login before even downloading. I don't want to bother doing that! I just want this 1 file. I'll probably never use the site again.

Can you post it somewhere more easily accessable so we all don't have to create logins for this site?

Thanks for posting this though. I've been looking for something like this for a while.

bneale

The signup takes 5 seconds. Just do it.

Want.FR-S 07-19-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azian_advanced (Post 325362)
recommend me another upload server. i've tried multiupload but that doesn't seem to be working.

i spent days putting this together and having a copy of this would save you large sums of $ in the long run so i don't think spending a couple of mins to sign up is really that bad. (i'm in no way affiliated with the 4shared server btw). but i'm open to other suggestions.

also i've already PM'd the site admin a request to host it on the forum server. just waiting to hear back. i get an error when i try to attach the file to the OP.

The file size is just too big to host on this site.

Have you tried mediafire? http://www.mediafire.com/ No sign-up for download is required.

Multiupload was affected by the Mega Upload fiasco so that was not a reliable server to host file.

mattles 07-19-2012 11:55 AM

wow 4shared requires an account creation now? Thats laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame of them.
However thank you very very very very much for sharing this file.

b.e 07-19-2012 12:04 PM

Collection of screenshots from the internal website. Graphics are fuzzy. Arranged in Adobe portfolio mode, slow to load, difficult to access. Best we can expect for free, though.

whataboutbob 07-19-2012 12:06 PM

If someone can get me that file, I can host it on my webserver.

cmspooner 07-19-2012 12:12 PM

Some of the sections (at least I found some in the engine mechanical section) at broken. They have a single page with the following text:

Concurrent Login Alert

Someone has logged into a second PC using your username and password.

Password access to this system is limited to an single user for each user ID. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your user name and password.

Please Note: You must re-start your browser before attempting to login again to properly clear your session. Click the "X" in the top right corner of this window to close your browser. Then open a new browser window and try your login again.

Toyota Motor Sales, Inc

bneale 07-19-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGreene (Post 325411)
Thank you Azain! Currently downloading



The signup takes 5 seconds. Just do it.


Sorry but no. I don't like spreading my info around the internet just to download 1 file. Call me parnoid, but I try and avoid this at all costs.

It's not worth signing up in my opinion. I'd rather look else where for the same file. I'm greatful for the fact the OP posted this but there must be a better way to do this. What about an ISP server space for webhosting? I used to use my free 5megs (or whatever it was) for this kinda thing all the time.

bneale

ahausheer 07-19-2012 12:32 PM

Downloaded. I converted it to a straight PDF, all 1,750 pages. This resulted in a 58-MB file. The sections remained grouped but are out of their original order and I am not going to reorder 1700 pages. There is no Table of Contents, but the PDF is searchable so its not bad. Resolution is good. The PDF is hard to navigate though because there are no page numbers or headers. Ill use this as a reference but will continue to look for something more user friendly. To the OP thank you for posting, I imagine this took a lot of work.


EDIT: Converting to PDF causes pages/sections to be out of order to the point of making it difficult to use. I will personally not use the PDF but will try the PDF Portfolio. Also note, I have a blazing fast computer and the Portfolio still needs quite a bit of time to load.

smbrm 07-19-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmspooner (Post 325481)
Some of the sections (at least I found some in the engine mechanical section) at broken. They have a single page with the following text:

Concurrent Login Alert

Someone has logged into a second PC using your username and password.

Password access to this system is limited to an single user for each user ID. You are responsible for the confidentiality of your user name and password.

Please Note: You must re-start your browser before attempting to login again to properly clear your session. Click the "X" in the top right corner of this window to close your browser. Then open a new browser window and try your login again.

Toyota Motor Sales, Inc

Thanks, but I found the same issue, just reporting.

azian_advanced 07-19-2012 12:44 PM

Update: added file to MediaFire upload server

I forgot to mention, the links are not accessible without a (paid) TechInfo account. All the links are supposed to do is redirect you to another section of the manual that was already covered to avoid having to add the same material twice. You will have to manually navigate to the corresponding sections yourself.

If someone is willing to reorganize the pages so they're in one single document instead of a portfolio of multiple documents and send it to me, I can add it to the OP.

bneale 07-19-2012 01:47 PM

Thanks for adding the second link. I appreciate it very much!

bneale

Surakusa 07-31-2012 12:21 PM

I just combined all the pdf documents into one manual... There is about 4700 pages total. I'm going through now making each page "searchable" with OCR. Though the chapters/bookmarks are out of order... They are infact in Alphabetical order based on the file naming structure. I don't foresee this to be a problem as long as OCR is on each page. :) Thread starter Azian_Advanced, PM me your info, I can make this available in dropbox if needed and post this as a link as well? :)

Surakusa 07-31-2012 01:14 PM

I have some linux skills. So I'm going to split up each file and possibly be able to put everything in it's proper order using some bash scripting... This is just theoretical at the moment. there are about 1700 different pdf files. (according to the PDF viewer) when I split them up... But if there is a logical order of extraction... I might be able to make this work. :)

Surakusa 08-03-2012 03:59 PM

On a related note... If I have time this weekend... I'm going to just do a grab of each page from the tech site. That way we will have all the pages. :)

Note: This is in response to the issue with some of the pages missing with a login error. :)

Surakusa 08-05-2012 02:35 PM

Just giving an update... This is taking much longer than expected... I'm looking at the techinfo site... and there is no easy way to perform a script to get all the urls I want. ( Or at least I'm not good enough to do it that way) So for now... I'm just going through each section and pulling one by one... This is taking a while... If only I had like 10-15 members that would volunteer to grab all the data in a specific section haha. :P

Surakusa 08-06-2012 12:16 PM

Daily Updates: I am not going into the Engine Section... I might have to purchase another 2 days to work on this... XD It takes a lot of time... I'm being very thorough... As I am going through this... I noticed that in the info links... there is a lot of redundancy, which hopefully I can merge all of that information (if it's even needed) and we'll be good to go. :)

Surakusa 08-07-2012 12:01 AM

Update: I Finally viewed the entire Repair Manual. I have half a day left till my 2-day subscription ends. I'll see if there is anything else that is worthy. :) I'll hopefully have it all built up by the end of the week.

Surakusa 08-13-2012 12:48 PM

I sent the info the the OP last week, he/she just has to update his post. :)

azian_advanced 08-13-2012 04:21 PM

I'm currently uploading the file but may take another couple of hours before it's ready. I quickly skimmed through it and it is really well put together! Well done Surakusa. The OP will be updated shortly.

edit: Whoa 5009-page file!

azian_advanced 08-13-2012 11:07 PM

Updated the first post and added Surakusa's version of all 5009 pages into a single PDF. The Table of Contents are useless in this version but use Ctrl + F to search by keyword for faster navigation. This runs MUCH FASTER and SMOOTHER than the PDF portfolio that I initially uploaded before.

Also, a bookmarked version of the same file is in the works!

kndonlee 08-15-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azian_advanced (Post 325362)
recommend me another upload server. i've tried multiupload but that doesn't seem to be working.

i spent days putting this together and having a copy of this would save you large sums of $ in the long run so i don't think spending a couple of mins to sign up is really that bad. (i'm in no way affiliated with the 4shared server btw). but i'm open to other suggestions.

also i've already PM'd the site admin a request to host it on the forum server. just waiting to hear back. i get an error when i try to attach the file to the OP.

I can host the files for you. PM me to coordinate getting you a login.

Looker_007 09-25-2012 01:33 PM

Thanks
 
Don't see how to just do a thanks in this forum like we do in others. Tim

Calum 09-25-2012 02:52 PM

you just need more posts.

jubeysan 10-12-2012 09:59 AM

Thanks will be very useful.
 
Thanks will be very useful.

misterknee 10-12-2012 10:02 AM

This is Awesome!!! Thank you!!! Time to read -_- lol

Jonwi5 10-19-2012 10:37 AM

Thanks for this downloading.

when i'm able to thanks you will do (can't right now)

NetMagi 10-29-2012 01:17 PM

thanks for this! great find!

-Rich H.

Jared0934 01-02-2013 06:44 PM

I love you so much

XtremeMaC 03-15-2013 01:14 AM

wow thank you so much!
I'll check the manual as well and see if I get organize it or not.

edit: wow, I extracted the porfolio and more than 8000 unorganized files..definitely not worth the effort.
open the file and just wait for adobe to do its thing. than its much faster.
changing the layout of the portoflio speeds things up a little but not that much..

Sportsguy83 04-10-2013 04:42 PM

Why is this not pinned??

azian_advanced 04-17-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 (Post 855787)
Why is this not pinned??

agreed :D

subwaynm 12-24-2013 02:42 AM

Thank You very much; this will come in very Handy


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.