Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   2017 BRZ lasted 1.5 hours and 32km before new shoes :) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113637)

softgrip 12-09-2016 03:55 AM

2017 BRZ lasted 1.5 hours and 32km before new shoes :)
 
So just took delivery of my 2017 DGM BRZ at 1pm.

2:30pm rolls around and I'm getting wheels :D

18 x 9.5" Rays 57Transcend
Hankook RS3

Got MCA traction mod and MCA XR series coilovers coming in a week.

Behold the majesty (seriously, pics don't do the paint job justice, this car is stunning). It's all sparkly and amazing. It gives me a funny butterfly feeling in my stomach :D

http://i.imgur.com/MNQZBIc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gZfqQaP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Us9RbcB.jpg

projectXTR 12-09-2016 04:16 AM

Noob here: why on earth do you need a traction mod if you have 9.5" wide wheels on bone stock power?
Is it with future plans in mind or?

P.S. Lovely color! Been contemplating on wrapping mine in gloss gunmetal in a while.

softgrip 12-09-2016 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectXTR (Post 2811308)
Noob here: why on earth do you need a traction mod if you have 9.5" wide wheels on bone stock power?
Is it with future plans in mind or?

What is this stock power you speak of? Yeah... I'm going to drive it for a little, then decide on TBO, or headers and an SC. Might keep it stock... not sure.

Traction mod just means you can floor it earlier when exiting a corner... allegedly. Considering I span it and rolled down a hill ending upside down in someones front yard, traction is something I'm after :D

and it's cheap and made by MCA so it must be good amirite? :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectXTR (Post 2811308)
P.S. Lovely color! Been contemplating on wrapping mine in gloss gunmetal in a while.

Yeah, I wasn't sold on the colour from photos, but my writeoff was white, so I didn't want to repeat that. This dark grey is glittery, and absolute magic in the sunlight. Hard to capture on camera unfortunately.

Tcoat 12-09-2016 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectXTR (Post 2811308)
Noob here: why on earth do you need a traction mod if you have 9.5" wide wheels on bone stock power?
Is it with future plans in mind or?

P.S. Lovely color! Been contemplating on wrapping mine in gloss gunmetal in a while.

His last car (really it is):

https://i.imgur.com/MciLEX8.jpg

df.dima 12-09-2016 07:08 AM

Name change to hardgrip?

I like how grey wheels play with the grey car. Enjoy!

JDM4E 12-09-2016 07:31 AM

Is that OEM STI front lip? How is the fit on that MY2017 bumper?

softgrip 12-09-2016 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM4E (Post 2811336)
Is that OEM STI front lip? How is the fit on that MY2017 bumper?

It's the OEM STI full body kit - and the fit is immaculate.

Lynxis 12-09-2016 10:42 AM

Did Australia not get the revised rear spoiler or did you change it?

extrashaky 12-09-2016 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by projectXTR (Post 2811308)
Noob here: why on earth do you need a traction mod if you have 9.5" wide wheels on bone stock power?

I have 18x9.5 rims wrapped in PSS on mine, and the rear end still kicks out even with a completely stock motor. I could see wanting more rear grip myself, as long as it wouldn't make the car less predictable when the back tires finally do lose traction.

This car is not underpowered. People who think it is need to stop trying to race Mustangs red light to red light.

extrashaky 12-09-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softgrip (Post 2811305)
18 x 9.5" Rays 57Transcend

What's the offset on those?

YangerD 12-09-2016 02:14 PM

I like that spoiler you have there; very subtle.

jtaeric 12-09-2016 02:25 PM

Can anyone kindly tell me what is DGM?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YangerD 12-09-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaeric (Post 2811570)
Can anyone kindly tell me what is DGM?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Grey Metallic

Tcoat 12-09-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaeric (Post 2811570)
Can anyone kindly tell me what is DGM?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Grey Metallic

jtaeric 12-09-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YangerD (Post 2811571)
Dark Grey Metallic



Oh, thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tcoat 12-09-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaeric (Post 2811574)
Oh, thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anytime.

jtaeric 12-09-2016 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2811575)
Anytime.



So sweet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tcoat 12-09-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtaeric (Post 2811577)
So sweet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know.

WWFT86 12-09-2016 02:49 PM

Is that dark grey same as the 2016 or different shade for 2017?

Tcoat 12-09-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWFT86 (Post 2811603)
Is that dark grey same as the 2016 or different shade for 2017?

Same. No colour changes were made for 17.

Kimsey47 12-09-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2811323)
His last car (really it is):

https://i.imgur.com/MciLEX8.jpg

I think this dude has lost it, went on, and gone and flipped his lid!

Understand the want for more traction now too! ;)

All in jest OP, all in jest! :)

Tcoat 12-09-2016 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimsey47 (Post 2811666)
I think this dude has lost it, went on, and gone and flipped his lid!

Well it is Australia so maybe he just got a car made for the northern hemisphere and it went back to it's natural state.

Kimsey47 12-09-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2811668)
Well it is Australia so maybe he just got a car made for the northern hemisphere and it went back to it's natural state.

lol, well played!

I think the most interesting thing about the picture is the "guardrail" that perhaps helped the car stay where it ended up!

Glad the OP was safe and able to enjoy a another BRZ!

justinco 12-09-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDM4E (Post 2811336)
Is that OEM STI front lip? How is the fit on that MY2017 bumper?

They make 2017 versions of the lip kit, specifically for the MY17 cars. I have one on my 2017 BRZ as well (see videos in sig).

PS: Nice car! Love DGM!

ryoma 12-09-2016 04:13 PM

is that spoiler part of the STI kit as well? looks really subtle (which I like)

softgrip 12-09-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynxis (Post 2811395)
Did Australia not get the revised rear spoiler or did you change it?

It's the STI lip spoiler.

softgrip 12-09-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extrashaky (Post 2811402)
What's the offset on those?

+39 according to the invoice, but I think actually +38.

It's got 235/40/18r Rubber on it.

Currently fitted on the STI pink springs - so very slightly lowered.

I'll try to add it to the wheel figment guide when I get time/cbf - I noticed there are no 57 transcends.

softgrip 12-09-2016 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2811668)
Well it is Australia so maybe he just got a car made for the northern hemisphere and it went back to it's natural state.

I spun anti-clockwise, I think that's the same as when we flush the toilet.... er...I mean the dunny mate. Yingyang hooleydooley shrimp on the barbie

softgrip 12-09-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimsey47 (Post 2811669)
lol, well played!

I think the most interesting thing about the picture is the "guardrail" that perhaps helped the car stay where it ended up!

That "guard rail" was actually held together by a stick as thick as your thumb. Another suby went off there the week before, so the fence was pretty sick.

Considering it's for aesthetic purpose only, it's one of the ugliest fences I've ever seen. :) I did the guy a favor.

spirit 12-09-2016 08:19 PM

Loving your new set up! The front lip, side & rear skirts, and spoiler all from STi catalogue. I'm digging it! Congrats on the '17 BRZ!

Ultramaroon 12-09-2016 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by df.dima (Post 2811332)
Name change to hardgrip?

I like how grey wheels play with the grey car. Enjoy!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...20#post2712320

geezerbrzeezer 12-09-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softgrip (Post 2811305)

Two words: it should!!!!!!

softgrip 12-09-2016 10:27 PM

Btw, took it for my first "spirited" drive.

Firstly, the esc/tcs updates in the 2017 are phenomenal. With the stickier and wider tyres, I only had 1 instance of the light going on while in standard mode, and that was launching up a hill on gravel. By comparison, the 2016 on standard rubber would kick in on almost every corner, making me drive exclusively in vsport or full off.

I haven't tried track yet, but will at some point if I start reaching the limits of standard.

On paper, the updates between 2016-2017 might look small, but I can tell you right now, the car is punchier, better suspension feel, better acceleration... and with the tyres it's transformed into something magical.

I was blown away with the fun I had in the 2016, but this just feels like a slight upgrade everywhere. 2x thumbs up.

Even the stereo sounds better.

Head unit still sucks balls though :( but slightly better than prior model.

Ultramaroon 12-09-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softgrip (Post 2811897)
I haven't tried track yet, but will at some point if I start reaching the limits of standard.

http://i.imgur.com/H5XfBzXl.png

krayzie 12-09-2016 11:07 PM

Wouldn't the revised STI front lip fit better?

softgrip 12-09-2016 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 2811920)
Wouldn't the revised STI front lip fit better?

It's the whole option OEM kit. If there's another floating around, it's not optioned in Australia.

softgrip 12-09-2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2811901)

Hah, yeah might be safer if I remove it ;)

Ultramaroon 12-09-2016 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softgrip (Post 2811928)
Hah, yeah might be safer if I remove it ;)

That's the extent of my photoshop skill. Blue flag means "move over."

Spec C Wannabe 12-09-2016 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 2811920)
Wouldn't the revised STI front lip fit better?

Thought I am the only one who spot the difference:D

The OP's front spoiler doesn't have that little "wing" on each corner like 2017 STI Front Spoiler should have.

Boomerang 12-09-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by softgrip (Post 2811897)
Btw, took it for my first "spirited" drive.

Firstly, the esc/tcs updates in the 2017 are phenomenal. With the stickier and wider tyres, I only had 1 instance of the light going on while in standard mode, and that was launching up a hill on gravel. By comparison, the 2016 on standard rubber would kick in on almost every corner, making me drive exclusively in vsport or full off.

I haven't tried track yet, but will at some point if I start reaching the limits of standard.

On paper, the updates between 2016-2017 might look small, but I can tell you right now, the car is punchier, better suspension feel, better acceleration... and with the tyres it's transformed into something magical.

I was blown away with the fun I had in the 2016, but this just feels like a slight upgrade everywhere. 2x thumbs up.

Even the stereo sounds better.

Head unit still sucks balls though :( but slightly better than prior model.


Glad you kept it upright this time :D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.