Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Though I was to old for the FR-S. What's you age.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106330)

michaelchatten 05-28-2016 08:27 AM

Though I was to old for the FR-S. What's you age....
 
So before I bought the FR-S 3 weeks ago, I was kinda of hesitant thinking " am I to old for this kind of car, I mean I am a 35 year old dad." Reading on hear it looks like there a few of us out there.

So just as the title says....How old are we?

wbradley 05-28-2016 09:00 AM

52

jeffchap 05-28-2016 09:27 AM

51

Limey 05-28-2016 09:29 AM

36, married w/2 young boys (3/5). I might have bought the BRZ over the FR-S had I understood Scion's marketing demographic upon moving to the US, but who really cares. Kids are young enough to fit in the car, old enough to enter/exit without assistance yet I don't need to lug around strollers etc anymore. The car's a joy to drive, I'm entertained and looking forward to a few more years like this.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tcoat 05-28-2016 09:40 AM

35? "Too old"? LOL

I think you are in for a surprise on here!

58

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102562

socal_48 05-28-2016 09:45 AM

37


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twinguin 05-28-2016 09:47 AM

35 too old, LOL.

Was 44 when I bought it nearly 4 years ago ... My wife actually claimed it as being a mid-life crisis decision.

Hoahao 05-28-2016 09:52 AM

64 going on 17.

jamomatt 05-28-2016 10:16 AM

Going on 38! But driving this makes me feel 21 again!

jawn 05-28-2016 10:45 AM

Where's @humfrz at?

Tcoat 05-28-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawn (Post 2664680)
Where's @humfrz at?

He will be along. Can't type and use the walker at the same time especially with those large key keyboards he needs.

guybo 05-28-2016 10:55 AM

45

My kids are teens and though they won't fit in the back with my wife up front, I can with [reasonable] comfort fit 2 passengers. The rear passenger has less leg room but more head room than my Genesis Coupe had.

One thing that surprises me is that after a long drive, I spring out out of the car (OK, I kind of climb and shamble LOL) and I feel great. Most cars bother my back and legs after a long drive and I have to take 5 or 6 steps before I walk right again. These seats are great.

Leonardo 05-28-2016 10:57 AM

About to be 36. Age can be defined by the number of scars, broken bones, and your attitude about them.

I have a broken back, but feel great! (And know enough now to not do it again) Young forever! Lol.

Apoc 05-28-2016 11:04 AM

54

michaelchatten 05-28-2016 11:57 AM

Ok. This is awesome. I don't feel like I'm tiring to hard to hold on to my youth. I love my new FR-S RS 2.0. I liked the 1.0 but just seemed a little to Fast and Furious to me.

michaelchatten 05-28-2016 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinguin (Post 2664660)
35 too old, LOL.

Was 44 when I bought it nearly 4 years ago ... My wife actually claimed it as being a mid-life crisis decision.

That's funny. My wife said the same thing. I was on the fence between a Focus ST or the FR-S. My wife said " if your going to have a mid life crisis, get the car that looks the part." Lol.

02.ACCORD.DUDE 05-28-2016 12:03 PM

If you buy the car when you're younger you're a "try hard ricer drift racer wannabe" if you buy the car when you're older you're "trying to hold onto your youth"... So going by what society tells me there's never a good time to buy this car :lol:...

(28 going on 29 btw...)

Mr.Impreza 05-28-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbradley (Post 2664643)
52

Wow you look way younger. I thought you were early 40's!

wireman957 05-28-2016 12:28 PM

61 officially, but I started counting backwards 4 years ago so I'll say 53. At this rate, My daughter will be older than me in about 12 years.

Nigelr32 05-28-2016 12:31 PM

53, and i have two 86's, but I also have a Fiesta ST.

Youre never too old for an '86 in the UK. It has a lot of respect here, but is renowned for being underpowered.

Tcoat 05-28-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelchatten (Post 2664715)
Ok. This is awesome. I don't feel like I'm
tiring to hard to hold on to my youth. I love my new FR-S RS 2.0. I liked the 1.0 but just seemed a little to Fast and Furious to me.

Well at least the furious part.
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelchatten (Post 2664718)
That's funny. My wife said the same thing. I was on the fence between a Focus ST or the FR-S. My wife said " if your going to have a mid life crisis, get the car that looks the part." Lol.

I am so sick of hearing "ohhhho mid life crises eh." It is an inexpensive econo coupe not a freakin' Ferrari or Vette.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 02.ACCORD.DUDE (Post 2664721)
If you buy the car when you're younger you're a "try hard ricer drift racer wannabe" if you buy the car when you're older you're "trying to hold onto your youth"... So going by what society tells me there's never a good time to buy this car :lol:...

(28 going on 29 btw...)

This ^^^ all day long. The car was targeted at the younger pre family crowd AND the older empty nesters with some disposable income and no need for passenger room or have a second more "practical" vehicle yet we are the two groups that take the most flak for owning it.

racecarshots 05-28-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelchatten (Post 2664636)
So before I bought the FR-S 3 weeks ago, I was kinda of hesitant thinking " am I to old for this kind of car, I mean I am a 35 year old dad." Reading on hear it looks like there a few of us out there.

So just as the title says....How old are we?

I'm 41, my dad got his FRS before me.

MidwestFRS 05-28-2016 01:19 PM

23

Ultramaroon 05-28-2016 01:20 PM

51

Get off my lawn.

michaelchatten 05-28-2016 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2664767)
51

Get off my lawn.

LOL

gtslow 05-28-2016 01:51 PM

32. I have a 5 year old son and 2.5 year old daughter. I have a booster for my son and when I take both kids out I just take the minivan.

I also cross shopped the ST siblings but got the FRS because i wanted a more pure sports car. Both the Subaru and scion camps have their fill of undesirable enthusiasts and there is literally nothing on the BRZ that makes it go faster or handle better. I got a smoking deal on my Halo 15 w/ cpo warranty so I jumped on it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

EAGLE5 05-28-2016 01:54 PM

Another one of these threads? I'm an undead vampire lord. 3012 tomorrow.

Mr.Impreza 05-28-2016 01:54 PM

Honestly, age is just a number. Always enjoy life and don't let the number hold you back from things you love.

As long as your healthy you will always feel young!

So don't do drugs and get drunk everyday and look after your body.

geezerbrzeezer 05-28-2016 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza (Post 2664794)
So don't do drugs and get drunk everyday

Sorry, need a bit of clarification. Are you saying 'don't do drugs and get drunk everyday', or 'don't do drugs' and 'get drunk everyday'.

Just trying to figure out whether I should be heading for the liquor store or not.

geezerbrzeezer 05-28-2016 02:52 PM

Oh, and 55 (BRZ though). This car brings me back to my '85 Honda CRX and '92 Integra GSR days in terms of a blast to drive.

Age is just a number.

stock 05-28-2016 02:53 PM

When I bought my first car at 18, my dad told me I would be tired of a manual tranny in six months. He did not share my passion for sports cars. Still driving manuals. Still driving sports cars at 55. Second FRS, just bought last week.

michaelchatten 05-28-2016 03:35 PM

Wow I am shocked at some of these ages I am seeing on here. Not just with the fact that you all have this car but also the fact you all know how to use a computer.


Joking. Lol

stock 05-28-2016 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelchatten (Post 2664857)
Wow I am shocked at some of these ages I am seeing on here. Not just with the fact that you all have this car but also the fact you all know how to use a computer.


Joking. Lol

I know your joking, but seriously, I was probably building PCs before you were born.

Ultramaroon 05-28-2016 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsimon7777 (Post 2664793)
Another one of these threads? I'm an undead vampire lord. 3012 tomorrow.

Oh, don't be so grumpy, you old curmudgeon.

Tcoat 05-28-2016 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelchatten (Post 2664857)
Wow I am shocked at some of these ages I am seeing on here. Not just with the fact that you all have this car but also the fact you all know how to use a computer.


Joking. Lol

LOL @Dadhawk we got another one!

I have internet since 1994 and this is my 12th computer (not counting the Commodore 64).

Just wait. The really old guys are still napping and haven't shown up here yet.

m.box.design 05-28-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2664873)
LOL @Dadhawk we got another one!

I have internet since 1994 and this is my 12th computer (not counting the Commodore 64).

Just wait. The really old guys are still napping and haven't shown up here yet.

Or they fell asleep waiting for the page to load with their 56k AOL.

Tcoat 05-28-2016 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indesign (Post 2664882)
Or they fell asleep waiting for the page to load with their 56k AOL.

Holy crap! There is 56K now??? Why didn't anybody tell me before this. Ohhhh all the posts I have missed out on.

m.box.design 05-28-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2664884)
Holy crap! There is 56K now??? Why didn't anybody tell me before this. Ohhhh all the posts I have missed out on.

still on that 9600 baud?

new2subaru 05-28-2016 04:44 PM

52 Remember this? You gotta here the end when the printer kicks in. :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpSfgusep7s"]Sounds of the 90's - old computer and printer starting up - YouTube[/ame]

humfrz 05-28-2016 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawn (Post 2664680)
Where's @humfrz at?

Oh, is it morning time already .......... :sigh:

I'm moving a bit slow today ....... damn walker lost a wheel (I reckon I should have used a torque wrench) ..... oh, that was the other thread.

Then, I dropped my pill box ...... had to count them out all over again.

The internet is slow today ....... I had a hard time kicking my neighbors off the party line, so I could sign on.

Oh, yes ....... age ....... what about it .. ??

hmmmm........ best wind this post down, the tea kettle is whistling for me to make my oatmeal.

Oh, I almost forgot ...... I turned 73 on my last birthday ..... best I recollect.


humfrz


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.