Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Help!! 2014 FR-S Monogram Series Exhaust (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106198)

86King 05-25-2016 01:07 AM

Help!! 2014 FR-S Monogram Series Exhaust
 
I am looking for an exhaust system for my 2014 MT Scion FR-S Monogram Series. I am more concerned with performance gains than sound. Need help for what brand headers (EL or UEL), over pipe and front pipe and what would be the best for performance/price. I am planning to get a TRD Quad Tip Exhaust so I'm guessing that comes with the mid pipe, if not what mid pipe would be best for me.

I may go Force induction in the future (not sure wether to go Turbo or Supercharged just yet) so keep that in mind

I'm currently stock with only a K&N Drop in Air filter.

I'm also dailying so can't do anything too crazy like straight piping it.

Clipdat 05-25-2016 01:24 AM

http://www.phasteksport.com/2013-Sci...-brz-turbo.htm

funwheeldrive 05-25-2016 01:37 AM

Just so you know, there is no difference between a Monogram and FRS when it comes to exhaust or suspension. It's all aesthetic.

86geek 05-25-2016 02:13 AM

http://www.fteightysix.com/performan...-scion-rs-1-0/

86King 05-25-2016 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by funwheeldrive (Post 2661543)
Just so you know, there is no difference between a Monogram and FRS when it comes to exhaust or suspension. It's all aesthetic.

Haha, yeah

86King 05-25-2016 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86geek (Post 2661554)

I was looking for the OEM TRD Quad tips

FR-Sky 05-25-2016 02:25 AM

unless you swap engine..otherwise buy another car...

86geek 05-25-2016 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86King (Post 2661533)
I am looking for an exhaust system for my 2014 MT Scion FR-S Monogram Series.


Quote:

Originally Posted by 86King (Post 2661558)
I was looking for the OEM TRD Quad tips

:lol:

86King 05-25-2016 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86geek (Post 2661572)
:lol:

I should make this a more clear. I need help understanding what the best performance for the dollar of all components of an exhaust system other than the axle back because I want the TRD QUAD TIPS

humfrz 05-25-2016 03:45 AM

If there is a good chance you are going FI (especially turbo) in the near future, you may consider holding off on exhaust parts for now and buy the ones that best compliment your FI setup when you get it.


humfrz

Tcoat 05-25-2016 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86King (Post 2661577)
I should make this a more clear. I need help understanding what the best performance for the dollar of all components of an exhaust system other than the axle back because I want the TRD QUAD TIPS

The TRD quad tips system does not just bolt into a Monogram. It requires a whole different back bumper (TRD) and the whole set up is incredibly expensive. There are inserts you can buy to cut your stock bumper and make the exhaust fit but something tells me you are not ready for a project like that.

http://www.redline360.com/image/cach...-2-500x500.jpg

http://www.kamispeed.com/v/vspfiles/...FT86TRD-3T.jpg

The possible combinations of headers, pipes and cat back is massive so nobody can give you a "best performance for dollar". Here is some info:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81491
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6064

86King 05-25-2016 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2661602)
The TRD quad tips system does not just bolt into a Monogram. It requires a whole different back bumper (TRD) and the whole set up is incredibly expensive. There are inserts you can buy to cut your stock bumper and make the exhaust fit but something tells me you are not ready for a project like that.

http://www.redline360.com/image/cach...-2-500x500.jpg

http://www.kamispeed.com/v/vspfiles/...FT86TRD-3T.jpg

The possible combinations of headers, pipes and cat back is massive so nobody can give you a "best performance for dollar". Here is some info:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81491
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6064


Yeah, I know a couple people considering to sell their TRD rear bumper. If that that doesn't work out I am going to get a rep.

I'd rather not cut up my bumper and doesn't look as good as the TRD one

86King 05-25-2016 02:28 PM

So there isn't like a couple set ups that people have narrowed down to be the best overall and specifically for performance.

Tcoat 05-25-2016 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86King (Post 2662026)
Yeah, I know a couple people considering to sell their TRD rear bumper. If that that doesn't work out I am going to get a rep.

I'd rather not cut up my bumper and doesn't look as good as the TRD one

You know a couple that are considering selling it? Hmmmmmmmm

86King 05-25-2016 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2661583)
If there is a good chance you are going FI (especially turbo) in the near future, you may consider holding off on exhaust parts for now and buy the ones that best compliment your FI setup when you get it.


humfrz

I'm new to this, could you explain why I would have to hold off until I go FI? What will be different in terms of exhaust set up? I thought if I get the best performance exhaust i would be good?

Tcoat 05-25-2016 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86King (Post 2662034)
So there isn't like a couple set ups that people have narrowed down to be the best overall and specifically for performance.

Did you look at the links I gave you? Did you see how many different headers and pipes there are? The possible combos are huge. You can browse through some of the exhaust threads and see what combos people liked and didn't like but there really are no "best".
What sort of budget do you have?
Are you prepared to get a tune with a header?
Are you really going FI down the road? (that changes EVERYTHING).
What kind of performance increase are you expecting from it?
How much work can you do yourself?


Your question is like saying "What kind of soup will make me stronger?" at this point.

86King 05-25-2016 03:12 PM

Yeah, didn't think there were that many.

I'm willing to spend around $2500 or whatever is a reasonable price for the gains (not including the rear TRD bumper or labour to install it)

What do you mean by "prepared" to get a tune. I want a tune to go with it but I was going to make another post for that after I got all the components for exhaust (Again, I'm new to this so bear with me)

I am still debating wether to get a bike or go FI. So I'm not sure when.

Im hoping this will increase HP and the low torque.

Planning to install it my self.


"Your question is like saying "What kind of soup will make me stronger?" at this point." LOL damn... :bonk:

Cole 05-25-2016 03:21 PM

My advice is to do a fuck ton more reading on this subject. Search search search search.

hypebrz 05-25-2016 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86King (Post 2662087)
Yeah, didn't think there were that many.

I'm willing to spend around $2500 or whatever is a reasonable price for the gains (not including the rear TRD bumper or labour to install it)

What do you mean by "prepared" to get a tune. I want a tune to go with it but I was going to make another post for that after I got all the components for exhaust (Again, I'm new to this so bear with me)

I am still debating wether to get a bike or go FI. So I'm not sure when.

Im hoping this will increase HP and the low torque.

Planning to install it my self.


Get a bike. Fun rides, don't have to rack up miles on your car, better mileage, chicks dig it unlike only dudes digging your car, and they aren't (as big) money pits.

86King 05-25-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypebrz (Post 2662103)
Get a bike. Fun rides, don't have to rack up miles on your car, better mileage, chicks dig it unlike only dudes digging your car, and they aren't (as big) money pits.

Haha, some good points.

humfrz 05-25-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86King (Post 2662039)
I'm new to this, could you explain why I would have to hold off until I go FI? What will be different in terms of exhaust set up? I thought if I get the best performance exhaust i would be good?

A quick example would be, that if you get a aftermarket header now and then decide to go with a turbo set up ....... the header that you purchased now would be useless for your car because, as I understand it, the turbo kit come with its own header.


humfrz

86King 05-25-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2662121)
A quick example would be, that if you get a aftermarket header now and then decide to go with a turbo set up ....... the header that you purchased now would be useless for your car because, as I understand it, the turbo kits come with their own header.


humfrz

Oh okay

finch1750 05-25-2016 06:13 PM

Ace header, catless front pipe, custom tune.

/thread

Cole 05-25-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2662121)
A quick example would be, that if you get a aftermarket header now and then decide to go with a turbo set up ....... the header that you purchased now would be useless for your car because, as I understand it, the turbo kit come with its own header.


humfrz

Most do, except the WORKS kit, from what I remember.

humfrz 05-25-2016 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 2662347)
Most do, except the WORKS kit, from what I remember.

Hey ..... hey ...... ol @Cole remembers correctly....... :thumbsup:

humfrz had a senior moment ....... :(

Now, although the Works kit does use the OEM exhaust manifold headers, if the OP changed to an aftermarket header, would the kit still fit with that header ...... ??

This is above my turbo pay grade ......:sigh:


humfrz

Cole 05-25-2016 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2662351)
Hey ..... hey ...... ol @Cole remembers correctly....... :thumbsup:

humfrz had a senior moment ....... :(

Now, although the Works kit does use the OEM exhaust manifold headers, if the OP changed to an aftermarket header, would the kit still fit with that header ...... ??

This is above my turbo pay grade ......:sigh:


humfrz

It should work, but I don't think it's the best turbo design out there.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.