Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Stars' TN WRB Build log (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10270)

StarsGarrador 06-30-2012 05:39 AM

Stars' TN WRB Build log
 
:coolpics:HERE COMES TEH PICTAHZ::coolpics:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00150.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00151.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00152.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00153.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00154.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00155.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00156.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00157.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00158.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00159.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00160.jpg

:clap::clap:

So far so good, haven't had any issues (knock on wood), and I'm making a lot of progress with it. Love this car more than anything in the world. The smiles, thumbs up, and questions about the car just make my day. Met a few people locally with FR-S but not many. Seems my area is lacking :D If anyone has theirs and they are looking for car meets and good people look us up @Music City Car Meets ;)

Stuff going on within the first month
  1. Beat Sonic Shark Fin - Installed!
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...659BA369DB.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...6594A389EF.jpg
  2. Perrin Pulley- Waiting patiently on my desk
  3. HKS Hi Power Spec-L ordered from @DeftMotion - Just arrived at my house!!
  4. Full lighting kit from http://hidpowerhouse.wordpress.com/ -
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00181.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00180.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00179.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00171.jpg


  5. HKS- Super Hybrid Filter- installed!
  6. 35% Tint maybe 20 thanks to Solar Solutions
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...447EEDC756.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...447633728B.jpg
  7. Clear protective 3M bra thanks to Solar Solutions
  8. 7440 Chrome bulbs for front and rear - installed!
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00174.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00173.jpg
  9. GrimmSpeed 86 Oil cap #30 - Installed!
  10. 86 License frame - Almost here( or it better be...)
  11. Flossy 86 shifter knob -just came in!
  12. GMS CF Hood dampers- installed!
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00165.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00176.jpg
  13. Kuro Front Lip- Installed!
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00175.jpg
    http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00167.jpg
  14. Airaid intake-installing after break in!

Wish List
Wedsport Winning blue wheels
JL Audio everything from my team at Hi-Fi Buys
More days off to enjoy my precious!
HKS Supercharger :)
HKS Coilovers



More to come

schtebie 06-30-2012 09:13 AM

Keeping an eye on this one.

StarsGarrador 07-02-2012 03:21 PM

Just got official word that it'll be here in 2-3 weeks :D now to order the HKS exhaust and get my Altima showroom clean and ready to sell

schtebie 07-02-2012 03:59 PM

Sweet! Let me know when it comes in :thumbup:

StarsGarrador 07-17-2012 01:54 AM

August 14 eta!!!

Lonewolf 07-17-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsGarrador (Post 319903)
August 14 eta!!!

Better start saving for those Wedsports!

StarsGarrador 07-25-2012 04:28 PM

HKS Exhaust just arrived at my house!!! But alas, I'm stuck at work and cant go snuggle with it. So things already in my room on my worship altar ( :P ) are: HKS Hi-Power Spec L, Blue interior LEDs, License plate LEDs, Trunk LEDs, Perrin Crank Pulley, Chrome Blubs to replace the ambers, and my HKS AirFilter. :D Still so much more to get, I can't wait to have a photo shoot the day I get this I want to call out of work, IDC if I have the black plague or H1N1 lol.

Flossy Shift knob with 86 logo is en route also ;P

rock 07-25-2012 09:12 PM

Neat, loving my AT Raven.

StarsGarrador 07-26-2012 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rock (Post 338796)
Neat, loving my AT Raven.

What part of tn?!

rock 07-26-2012 07:54 AM

Knoxville area.

StarsGarrador 07-26-2012 06:49 PM

You going to the show at LP Field on Saturday? Music City Car Meets are hosting it. Prizes, booths, girls, etc. I was hoping to enter in my brz but it's late :(

StarsGarrador 08-20-2012 11:35 AM

Today today today today!!!! I should be getting the call as soon as the truck rolls up, that is to say if I don't just show up there now

Mishimoto 08-20-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsGarrador (Post 390654)
Today today today today!!!! I should be getting the call as soon as the truck rolls up, that is to say if I don't just show up there now

Awesome, I hope to see some pictures.:D

StarsGarrador 08-20-2012 08:47 PM

.... So they say they don't know where the truck is or why It didn't come in and I took off work for nothing now I can't miss anymore days and they just go uh, well, I'll call you whenever it does show. From mid jul to deffinant August 14 to maybe Friday or Saturday. To for sure Monday and now they don't know and they couldn't tel me what trucking company they used? Ill be out beating my punching bag until my hand or the bag breaks..

schtebie 08-20-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsGarrador (Post 391760)
.... So they say they don't know where the truck is or why It didn't come in and I took off work for nothing now I can't miss anymore days and they just go uh, well, I'll call you whenever it does show. From mid jul to deffinant August 14 to maybe Friday or Saturday. To for sure Monday and now they don't know and they couldn't tel me what trucking company they used? Ill be out beating my punching bag until my hand or the bag breaks..

Wow, that blows...sorry to hear that. Now I'm a little worried about getting my car as well...

StarsGarrador 08-21-2012 12:01 AM

I'll let you know as soon as I get it:/ was yours $2,500 non refundable?

schtebie 08-21-2012 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsGarrador (Post 392170)
I'll let you know as soon as I get it:/ was yours $2,500 non refundable?

I was told $2,000 refundable. I've considered looking out of state for a car, but ultimately, it's a pain in the ass to try and find a car exactly the way I want it without a bunch of extra accessories I don't need. I've decided I'll just wait it out because I still need to trade in my current car.

StarsGarrador 08-21-2012 02:21 AM

Cant believe they made me do $2,500 non refundable and let someone else do refundable cheaper... I'm so over this dealership.

schtebie 08-21-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsGarrador (Post 392454)
Cant believe they made me do $2,500 non refundable and let someone else do refundable cheaper... I'm so over this dealership.

That was absolutely the first thing I asked before handing over my deposit - I didn't want to get stuck with a car I might not want when it finally shows up. They told me it could be refundable because if I were to back out, they'd be able to find someone to replace me. It sounds like maybe you ordered yours so early on, they didn't know how high the demand would be?

My buddy got his WRX from DW a little while back and didn't have any issues, so this may just be a BRZ thing.

The waiting game sucks, but you've waited this long...what's a few more days? At least you don't have to wait until December like I do! :happy0180:

BioRage 08-21-2012 11:54 AM

:needpics:

:needpics:

Turbowned 08-21-2012 12:03 PM

Stars, I could be wrong, but unless BeatSonic offers two styles now, the sharkfin antenna is too small to fit over the BRZ's antenna equipped with satellite radio. The FR-S antenna is smaller due to not having satellite. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. I know there's another company out there making sharkfin antenna covers, can't remember the name though.

StarsGarrador 08-21-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbowned (Post 393077)
Stars, I could be wrong, but unless BeatSonic offers two styles now, the sharkfin antenna is too small to fit over the BRZ's antenna equipped with satellite radio. The FR-S antenna is smaller due to not having satellite. Again, correct me if I'm wrong. I know there's another company out there making sharkfin antenna covers, can't remember the name though.

I have been talking to beat sonic before the group buy and they have one that fits and they are getting a couple painted and I should be getting one of them.

About the leave the dealership with the car then straight to woe will get pics up tonight

Turbowned 08-21-2012 02:26 PM

Nice, nice! I'm interested to see how it works for you!

schtebie 08-21-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsGarrador (Post 393323)
I have been talking to beat sonic before the group buy and they have one that fits and they are getting a couple painted and I should be getting one of them.

About the leave the dealership with the car then straight to woe will get pics up tonight

Congrats! :burnrubber:

StarsGarrador 08-21-2012 11:26 PM

Going to drive to TTU tomorrow once I get off to show it off to my friends and to add some miles :D hopefully will have awesome pics later that night.

StarsGarrador 08-26-2012 11:55 PM

Just got done installing the Carbon Fiber Hood dampers, Chrome bulbs front and back, Rear Fog light mod works as break light now, HKS air filter installed, all the dome, door, trunk, and license plate LEDs, and the Kuro Fromt lip! Pics up tomorrow!

ngabdala 08-27-2012 12:10 AM

I want to see
:needpics:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsGarrador (Post 404538)
Just got done installing the Carbon Fiber Hood dampers, Chrome bulbs front and back, Rear Fog light mod works as break light now, HKS air filter installed, all the dome, door, trunk, and license plate LEDs, and the Kuro Fromt lip! Pics up tomorrow!


StarsGarrador 08-28-2012 12:23 AM

Post 1 updated :D got a lot of stuff done this weekend and falling more and more in love with my car by the day.

StarsGarrador 08-28-2012 12:32 AM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00178.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/DSC00162.jpg

Modded the rear fog to be a brake light :D

Mishimoto 08-28-2012 10:20 AM

Looks Great!

StarsGarrador 08-28-2012 10:39 PM

Just updated the first post with the Beat Sonic Shark Fin they got painted for me in WRBlue! It looks amazing!

Luke.Cariveau 08-28-2012 11:00 PM

All the mods look great!
I'm holding off on cosmetic stuff until after coil-overs
If only there was more $$.........
=D

StarsGarrador 08-28-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke.Cariveau (Post 408789)
All the mods look great!
I'm holding off on cosmetic stuff until after coil-overs
If only there was more $$.........
=D

Thanks!! If I didn't get great deals from local shops and group buys I wouldn't have half of what I got xD. I had all this paid for before the car even got here, but now that it's here I'll have to wait on coils and anything else till I knock down a good chunk of payments hahaha.

StarsGarrador 08-30-2012 09:54 AM

Well I'm only at 500 miles but already have a lot done. Updated first post with more pics, got the tint and shark fin done yesterday.

StarsGarrador 09-08-2012 11:32 AM

Airaid intake
HKs Exhaust
Fog HID conversion
Oil change 1,000 miles

:D :D

StarsGarrador 09-11-2012 11:04 PM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...228B0029F8.jpg


http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...2279201217.jpg

StarsGarrador 09-11-2012 11:18 PM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...227E2B919F.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...228440D6ED.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...2266DF626B.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...2261ABF31D.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...225D140403.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...225D140403.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...22514667CF.jpg


http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...2247612648.jpg

StarsGarrador 09-11-2012 11:29 PM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...224CA12843.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...22428BC6F1.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...223C1C2D1A.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...223780FD60.jpg

My buddy's FR-S :)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...222CCE671C.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...21CF72FAB7.jpg

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...C29211D368.jpg


Just a few pics =p

StarsGarrador 09-11-2012 11:31 PM

So I got my Airaid intake installed, HKS exhaust installed, HID_Powerhouse hooked me up with their Fog HID conversion kit, rocking 10ks :D shinning well above three story buildings lol. Washed and polished.. Still can't find an opticoater...

Racecomp Engineering 09-12-2012 04:22 PM

Damn, I like our white BRZ, but the WRB looks pretty damn awesome with a front lip. Thumbs up!

- Andrew


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.