Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Horsepower (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102238)

Chase1996 02-29-2016 05:17 PM

Horsepower
 
FIgured this would be the best place to post this ?....might be easy but i dont know!

Once I put my header, exhaust, filters...etc, is there a way to see how much HP im putting out? I will be getting a OpenFlashTuner, not sure if that will tell me or help?

fumanchu1 02-29-2016 05:20 PM

Drop the car on a dyno or go to your local dragstrip and do a few runs.

go_a_way1 02-29-2016 05:22 PM

Dyno's were invented for a reason young padawan

Freeman 02-29-2016 05:24 PM

Hit up a dyno. Personally I'd do it this way. Find a local dyno and do a baseline pull. Put on parts, get custom tune, dyno again to see where you are. Or you could even go to a well known tuner and have them do a dyno tune. 2 birds one stone

MisterSheep 02-29-2016 05:28 PM

Don't listen to any of these guys. Just drive the car and know that you now have 221whp.

Chase1996 02-29-2016 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2564015)
Dyno's were invented for a reason young padawan

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumanchu1 (Post 2564013)
Drop the car on a dyno or go to your local dragstrip and do a few runs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 2564019)
Hit up a dyno. Personally I'd do it this way. Find a local dyno and do a baseline pull. Put on parts, get custom tune, dyno again to see where you are. Or you could even go to a well known tuner and have them do a dyno tune. 2 birds one stone

I knew a dyno would..the reason for asking was maybe to find an alternative? How much would it cost do do all that, to put on a dyno and figure this stuff out? And I have no idea where one is near me, I live in Danville, VA 24541..could yall maybe show me closest one?

Chase1996 02-29-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2564026)
Don't listen to any of these guys. Just drive the car and know that you now have 221whp.

I beleive I will have more then that!

go_a_way1 02-29-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase1996 (Post 2564027)
I knew a dyno would..the reason for asking was maybe to find an alternative? How much would it cost do do all that, to put on a dyno and figure this stuff out? And I have no idea where one is near me, I live in Danville, VA 24541..could yall maybe show me closest one?

There is no accurate alternative, hell even dyno's themselves are not 100% accurate. I would guess ~$400 for a base line and a few pulls after mods. (not including any tune time thats just set up and a few pulls)

MisterSheep 02-29-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase1996 (Post 2564033)
I beleive I will have more then that!

what kind of intake do you have? remember that whp means nothing and chp is where it's at! You should have over 250+ hp now.

go_a_way1 02-29-2016 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase1996 (Post 2564033)
I beleive I will have more then that!

@Mike Brz check it out this guys gona beat you

fumanchu1 02-29-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2564036)
what kind of intake do you have? remember that whp means nothing and chp is where it's at! You should have over 250+ hp now.

Omfg sheep stop... im crying...also ichi may not take kindly to your idiocies

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

fumanchu1 02-29-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase1996 (Post 2564033)
I beleive I will have more then that!

If we are talking whp dont get your hopes up most people with header, full exhaust, air intake and lightweight pulleys make less than 220whp with a tune on 93-94 octane. If youre going e85 then maybe youll break 220

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

MisterSheep 02-29-2016 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumanchu1 (Post 2564044)
Omfg sheep stop... im crying...also ichi may not take kindly to your idiocies

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

You do realize I have an idiotic step-father who said whp means nothing and that his k&n filter and his axelback exhaust on his 2013 v6 mustang gained him 50hp right? so CHP > WHP

go_a_way1 02-29-2016 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fumanchu1 (Post 2564046)
If we are talking whp dont get your hopes up most people with header, full exhaust, air intake and lightweight pulleys make less than 220whp with a tune on 93-94 octane. If youre going e85 then maybe youll break 220

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I thought it was hard to break 200WHP with just the bolt ons? I honestly never paid attention because who cares, the FRS is a slow ass car so HP doesn't really matter, however its hella fun to drive

ryoma 02-29-2016 06:03 PM

all dynos will also read differently depending on the calibration and your location, temperature, humidity, elevation, etc etc etc. though, I will say that Shiv posted a dyno graph of the new stage 2 UEL tune (not yet released) and it made 191 whp, which is an improvement over the current stage 2 UEL tune on OFT. I do not know the numbers for the released tune, but expect less than 190 whp. if you really want HP, go forced induction. if you want an inbetween, e85 is a good move too as long as it is available near you.

Celica00 02-29-2016 06:13 PM

Maybe everyone is trolling but I thought it was impossible to get more chp w/ bolt-ons. The absolute maximum you could get would be to pretend friction didn't exist and you'd get your full 197hp from the crank to the wheels. No way to get more than that until you actually add power to the engine. Oh gawd we were trolling weren't we:cry:

cdrazic93 02-29-2016 06:35 PM

Everyone is hardcore trolling.

ryoma 02-29-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celica00 (Post 2564084)
Maybe everyone is trolling but I thought it was impossible to get more chp w/ bolt-ons. The absolute maximum you could get would be to pretend friction didn't exist and you'd get your full 197hp from the crank to the wheels. No way to get more than that until you actually add power to the engine. Oh gawd we were trolling weren't we:cry:

a header is a bolt on, same with intake/drop in filter. the header most notably will give you gains, especially with a tune (can possibly be considered as a bolt on as well). the intake/drop in filter will probably give you 2 or 3 extra whp


Edit: nvm misread the question

dvasqu01 02-29-2016 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2564036)
what kind of intake do you have? remember that whp means nothing and chp is where it's at! You should have over 250+ hp now.


Don't you mean vhp since he is in Virginia lol


Yes I'll give you the rice noodle😘

humfrz 02-29-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase1996 (Post 2564009)
FIgured this would be the best place to post this ?....might be easy but i dont know!

Once I put my header, exhaust, filters...etc, is there a way to see how much HP im putting out? I will be getting a OpenFlashTuner, not sure if that will tell me or help?

Oh my, aren’t we having fun with your question..... ;)

To the best of my knowledge, there isn’t a handy dandy algorithm to determine HP changes due to modifications (without knowing the torque).

So, as you know, you’re stuck with dyno runs.

OR, you could develop an algorithm and run it up the old flag pole and see if anybody buys it.

OR, you could just make something up and see if it’s believed (I’d suggest you keep it below 219.99 WHP).

Oh, heck, just go with your butt dyno and make it to be whatever you want it to be …… :happyanim:


humfrz

jvincent 02-29-2016 09:03 PM

If you have data logging capabilities you can use the Virtual Dyno tool to generate a dyno plot.

http://www.virtualdyno.net/

Cole 02-29-2016 09:10 PM

Or you could not give a fuck and just enjoy driving the car with whatever bump of power you get.

Reminds me of Moog's Mini. Did a baseline dyno, didn't want to know how much power he had. Did a dyno after mods and only wanted to know the percent increase. That's the way to do it. Unless of course you're going to bench race and jerk off over your HP number every night.

seito23 02-29-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2564057)
You do realize I have an idiotic step-father who said whp means nothing and that his k&n filter and his axelback exhaust on his 2013 v6 mustang gained him 50hp right? so CHP > WHP

Umm yes, chp/bhp will always be greater than whp, duh

#seriousface

totopo 02-29-2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seito23 (Post 2564261)
Umm yes, chp/bhp will always be greater than whp, duh

#seriousface

not if you got one (or four) of these bad boys:

http://cleantechnica.com/2013/04/17/...arket-in-2014/

or

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/...etail1321.html

dvasqu01 02-29-2016 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by humfrz (Post 2564244)
Oh my, aren’t we having fun with your question..... ;)

To the best of my knowledge, there isn’t a handy dandy algorithm to determine HP changes due to modifications (without knowing the torque).

So, as you know, you’re stuck with dyno runs.

OR, you could develop an algorithm and run it up the old flag pole and see if anybody buys it.

OR, you could just make something up and see if it’s believed (I’d suggest you keep it below 219.99 WHP).

Oh, heck, just go with your butt dyno and make it to be whatever you want it to be …… :happyanim:


humfrz


Poor kid is getting baptized today no hard mang feelings I got fucked with too look my oil change thread 😂


Yes I'll give you the rice noodle😘

fumanchu1 02-29-2016 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2564062)
I thought it was hard to break 200WHP with just the bolt ons? I honestly never paid attention because who cares, the FRS is a slow ass car so HP doesn't really matter, however its hella fun to drive

Come to Ottawa this summer you will reconsider . ;)

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

go_a_way1 02-29-2016 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 2564253)
Or you could not give a fuck and just enjoy driving the car with whatever bump of power you get.

Reminds me of Moog's Mini. Did a baseline dyno, didn't want to know how much power he had. Did a dyno after mods and only wanted to know the percent increase. That's the way to do it. Unless of course you're going to bench race and jerk off over your HP number every night.

Oh my @Cole, you make me smile on the inside everytime I read one of your posts hahahaha!

But @Cole is right OP

kch 03-01-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase1996 (Post 2564027)
How much would it cost do do all that, to put on a dyno and figure this stuff out?

My local shop let me do 4-5 power pulls on their dyno for $60.

Mike Brz 03-08-2016 07:17 PM

Hmmmmm....... where do i start?.......

Serious mike:
you should expect ~190whp with i/h/e/pulleys/93tune depending on header and tune. All dynos read different so try to compare your baseline pull with your "after parts & tune pull" and use the same dyno. Your 193whp on joe blow's dyno maybe 187whp on hot rod harry's dyno. So its important if u wish to compare do it on the same dyno. When u save up for more parts, go back to that same dyno and see what you gained from the last time

Normal mike: you guys suck and u made me laugh with the comments ;)

GsxrMe 03-08-2016 09:39 PM

Between what everyone blows on intake, pulleys, headers, full exhaust, e-tunes, e-tunes, e-tunes. Everyone here could be sporting a FI setup three times over.

Buy an axle back exhaust to change your exhaust note. Then start a savings that will put a huge smile on your face. You don't need to replace anything to hit 279WHP other than slapping an edelbrock SC on it. Factory intake and exhaust isn't a bottleneck.

MrFisty 03-08-2016 09:53 PM

Nitrous.

rookie 03-08-2016 10:26 PM

HP means nothing without a Rocket Bunny kit.

dvasqu01 03-08-2016 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookie (Post 2574090)
HP means nothing without a Rocket Bunny kit.


Nd a big wang


Yes I'll give you the rice noodle😘


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.