Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Verus' Shop BRZ - Development Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101812)

VerusEric 02-19-2016 08:19 PM

Verus' Shop BRZ - Development Thread
 
It is finally time to start a thread regarding Velox Motorsports' (now Verus Engineering) company vehicle as we move into 2016.

http://i.imgur.com/v6djGEg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lEHg5NY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rpMiPHG.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/40Wew4U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IKWGuNH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NPz3uzt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OegSMBO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/6mfIFFY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ViEDsfw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OPvRN0P.jpg

The goal with the car is to have a fun street car you can take to the track, though currently it is a glorified parts getter. The ultimate goal is to do track days with it for development, testing, and most importantly fun. This will come in time when we have more time (and money) for these activities.

This is a bit long winded so I apologize before hand but not many people know about Velox Motorsports and where our roots stem from.

Purpose:
This thread will serve as a chronological log for the parts we design, build, and test on our own shop car and give insight on the company under the surface. We will do our best to bring an in-depth view of what we do here. If you feel we have left out some information or key aspect of the company, do not hesitate to let us know and we will gladly answer those questions.

Modification List:

Costmetic:
-Debadged
-Heated Seats Cover
-Velox Motorsports Cam Sensor Covers
-Velox Motorsports Fuel Rail Covers
-RPAC quick release bumper kit

Aerodynamics:
-Velox Motorsports Street Front Splitter
-Velox Motorsports Splitter Race Upgrade
-Velox Motorsports Rear Diffuser
-Velox Motorsports Rear Diff/Suspension Covers
-Velox Motorsports Front Wheel Deflectors
-Velox Motorsports Front Splitter Endplates
-Velox Motorsports Tunnel Cover
-Velox Motorsports Side Splitters
-Velox Motorsports Rear Spats

Cooling
-Velox Motorsports Modular Hood Louvers
-Velox Motorsports Brake Cooling Kit
-Velox Motorsports Radiator w/ Fans
-Forester XT OEM Engine Oil Cooler Plate

Engine/Exhaust/Trans:
-Full-Race Turbo Kit
-Borg Warner 7163 Twin Scroll EFR Turbo
-Full-Race/Turbosmart Internal Wastegate
-Velox Motorsports Fuel Rails
-Velox Motorsports AOS
-Velox Motorsports Rear Cam Cover with Drain Back Kit
-Velox Motorsports Lightweight High Torque Carbon Driveshaft
-Velox Motorsports Billet Clutch Fork
-ACT XT Street Clutch with Lightweight Flywheel
-Amsoil fluids throughout
-Trying Neo Sythetic 75W-90 in Trans right now
-Tomei Type-80 Currently, will be building another 3" aluminum exhaust someday.

Suspension/Chassis/Brakes:
-Velox Motorsports Lightweight 7075 Aluminum Rear LCA
-Velox Motorsports Rear Toe Control Links
-Velox Motorsports Brake Cooling Kit
-Velox Motorsports Camber Plates
-Racecomp Yellow Springs on Stock Dampers
-AP Racing Sprint Kit

Wheels & Tires:
-18x9.5 +45 Wedsports SA-72R Blue Light Chrome
-3mm Spacers on front to clear spring perch currently
-255/35/18 Bridgestone G-Force Sport Comp 2

About Velox:
Velox Motorsports is a company built around the idea that aftermarket components should be engineered and well crafted. We do our best to use the tools we have available during the development stage to design and manufacture high quality, high-performance components.

Velox is Latin for swift or speed. Without speed, none of us would have the love of automobiles we all possess. Speed is what brings us together and strive for perfection in the components we produce. We wanted to bring that passion to our company’s name.

Our team is comprised of passionate engineers dedicated to redefining aftermarket components and company involvement in the aftermarket community. We focus on educating the end user with knowledgeable information based off data and not speculation. Specializing in aerodynamics, heat transfer, and FEA, we build functional, aesthetically pleasing components that are backed with real engineering. Contacts we pull from involve staff on NASCAR and IndyCar teams, another was from Nissan’s GT-R LM Nismo team (now disband), others from OE manufacturers, and finally a high-performance engine calibrator well versed with Subarus.

We are a small company still, @plucas and I are the main people involved, so research and development is not lightning quick, but as we hire more full-time employees, this should change. Properly engineered and developed components also take a bit longer to come to fruition. This is our passion and we plan on sticking around for a long time :thumbsup:.

CFD Experience:
We have compared results with published aero analysis (Perrinn LMP1 model, Ahmed model, and DrivAer models to name a few) to back our ability and prove our accuracy. On each analysis we were within a few percentages of published values. Below are a few photos from our analysis on the Perrinn LMP1 model and Ahmed model. CFD and aero is a subject many refer to as black magic and honestly it is to some extent. Without actually testing components, most components are a shot in the dark as far as functionality or how it will affect the vehicle aero balance.

CFD Software

A Look Inside Velox CFD - Validation

A Closer Look at Splitters and Air Dams

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b...82bf6c5789.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7OX5tU6.png

FEA Experience:
Using Finite Element Analysis, we were able to design the lightest and one of the strongest rear lower control arms for the FR-S/BRZ/GT86. We then backed up our analysis by testing it on a load cell one of our contacts was able to use. Our FEA analysis estimated a fatigue failure at 3.5G bump load at 50k cycles, actual was 46k cycles, which to us proves we were fairly accurate as predicting surface conditions and other parameters can be difficult to estimate. These are now in production.

FT-86 Lower Control Arm FEA

FT-86 Lower Control Arm Validation

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/b...78059c915e.jpg

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/6...f53a1c231e.jpg

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/6...ef30fd99d7.jpg

Heat Transfer:
For the better part of a decade, we have worked for the leading cooling system supplier for all motorsports. F1, IndyCar, NASCAR, WEC, Tudor, IMSA, V8 Supercar, NHRA, ProMods, etc. With this knowledge, we have a widespread understanding of a system not many people know about fully.

TLDR: Hi.

VerusEric 02-19-2016 08:20 PM

Forced Induction Future:
We decided to go with Full-Race for our turbocharging needs. For those that don't know about Full-Race, over the course of the past 14 years they have established themselves as a leader in the turbocharging industry and set the standard time and time again. They have some of the best quality turbo manifolds in the aftermarket used in all forms of racing, be it drift, road course, time attack, or drag. We decided to go with them for their reputation, their quality, the completeness of their kit, and Borg Warner's EFR turbo technology used in the kit.

Borg Warner
We decided to go with the 7163 from Borg Warner's EFR lineup. This turbo is designed specifically for competitive racing use and is Borg Warner's newest addition to the EFR family. Utilizing the latest generation compressors combined with state of the art 'Mixed-Flow Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel' design allows for remarkable spool and huge powerbands. This unique turbocharger is an off-the-shelf Indycar turbocharger, used by all 2014/2015 IRL teams. To say this doesn't get out engineering minds buzzing would be an understatement. Packed with the latest technology, we knew we had to go with this specific turbo.

Features:
-Mixed Flow Gamma-Ti turbine wheel
-Forged milled extended tip compressor wheel
-Military-grade dual ceramic ball bearing assembly with silver plated metal cage
-Stainless steel turbine housing
-Water cooled light-weight Aluminum bearing housing
-Large internal wastegate
-Compressor re-circulation valve
-Boost control solenoid valve

http://www.full-race.com/store/image...content-23.jpg

http://www.full-race.com/store/image...content-11.jpg

http://www.full-race.com/store/image...content-20.jpg

We're very excited to get this kit on our shop car and see how it can perform. We will update with more info as the kit begins to trickle in.

Update 03/09/16:

Received the turbo kit! Pictures below. The turbo kit is absolutely gorgeous. The fabrication and welding is extremely well done. The kit is thorough and includes all the components you could want or need for the install including 3" downpipe, overpipe, AND front pipe! Wish I could weld like this.

We decided the twin scroll would benefit us most so we decided on a 7163 twin scroll kit. Twin scroll turbocharges are proven to increase transient response and power throughout the power band. There is a reason nearly all OEMs go with twin scroll :cheers:.

Header:

http://i.imgur.com/T09o1l2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tvh654q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SzMieyn.jpg

Front pipe:

http://i.imgur.com/CcXktjT.jpg

Intercooler tubing:

http://i.imgur.com/c2wpcu9.jpg

Engine heat shield:

http://i.imgur.com/3eGLkFr.jpg

Hose/Clamps/Gaskets:

http://i.imgur.com/wlHYPS9.jpg

Intercooler:

http://i.imgur.com/9YJZeYn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UgWgZzs.jpg

Update 03/17/16:

Turbo is in and is gorgeous! Pictures below.

http://imgur.com/pJp2A5Y.jpg

http://imgur.com/BjvAwnS.jpg

http://imgur.com/ViGAuxh.jpg

http://imgur.com/09zx0mB.jpg

http://imgur.com/annZpqh.jpg

http://imgur.com/BTZtgVb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jswIACu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E4zWjZs.jpg

Update 03/27/16:

Coated the charge air cooler. Purely for cosmetics, it came out pretty well.
http://i.imgur.com/GJknLlx.jpg

Exhaust Components Came Back from Black Ceramic Coating:

http://i.imgur.com/z7i5Fxu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NEPwpxx.jpg

Turbine came back from ceramic coating:
http://i.imgur.com/MZHaNru.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bnM7Ssh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FuOITVM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uV3wMQQ.jpg

Thanks,
Eric

weederr33 02-19-2016 09:55 PM

Do the Velox fuel rails require any special tuning?

_gt86_user 02-19-2016 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weederr33 (Post 2554601)
Do the Velox fuel rails require any special tuning?

Was wondering this too. LMK

VerusEric 02-20-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weederr33 (Post 2554601)
Do the Velox fuel rails require any special tuning?

Quote:

Originally Posted by _gt86_user (Post 2554643)
Was wondering this too. LMK

No, they do not from our testing. Fuel trims changed 3-4% from OEM but that could have been from the difference in air temperature/gas temperature from when I turned the car off to when I turned it back on a few hours later.

A local turbo car noticed a bit more consistent fuel delivery top end, but realistically the benefits from the fuel rails are:
-Aesthetics
-A bit of weight savings
-The ability to run a return system

ichitaka05 02-20-2016 11:46 AM

Nice BRZ!

I'll be interested to read all the research stuff (if allowed) to educate all of us :)

Drakiv 02-20-2016 01:27 PM

Sweet!

VerusEric 03-09-2016 01:25 PM

Turbo kit arrived, below are some pictures. Extremely happy with the parts.

Header:

http://i.imgur.com/T09o1l2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tvh654q.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SzMieyn.jpg

Front pipe:

http://i.imgur.com/CcXktjT.jpg

Intercooler tubing:

http://i.imgur.com/c2wpcu9.jpg

Engine heat shield:

http://i.imgur.com/3eGLkFr.jpg

Hose/Clamps/Gaskets:

http://i.imgur.com/wlHYPS9.jpg

Intercooler:

http://i.imgur.com/9YJZeYn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UgWgZzs.jpg

8R6 03-10-2016 03:33 PM

damn that turbo is gorgeous

VerusEric 03-14-2016 02:21 AM

Waiting for the turbo to come in and exhaust components to be ceramic coated but I installed the fuel rail covers this weekend! Between the two of them, they reduced weight by over 4 lbs and look pretty nice compared to the nasty stock black steel pieces. These work with OEM and our rails as well.

Passenger side cover and ECU bracket:
http://i.imgur.com/4cFGiPm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UDq6XDA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/MJlFkVo.jpg

Driver side fuel rail cover:
http://i.imgur.com/tJpET2P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Mk79qI3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sBdijFz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yl6zPpl.jpg

Both sides:
http://i.imgur.com/MUzPWh9.jpg

Finalized a design on the radiator I want to build for my car. Unsure if we'll bring it to production, but being the cooling snob I am, I had to design and build something for my car.
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1501/...e7ec1da4_b.jpg

And finally she ate some hay on Saturday night on the freeway. Splitter saves the day, this is the second time the splitter saved my bumper from certain damage. Arizona freeways are rough!
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1701/...b40fd6ec_b.jpg

200hp/tonne 03-14-2016 09:33 AM

Where can I buy the ECU bracket/cover?
That is beautiful.

Takumi788 03-14-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200hp/tonne (Post 2580091)
Where can I buy the ECU bracket/cover?
That is beautiful.

Ditto.

Not available yet on FT86 Speedfactory....and says out of stock on the Velox site...I just looked myself.

gl2filmerguy 03-14-2016 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takumi788 (Post 2580099)
Ditto.

Not available yet on FT86 Speedfactory....and says out of stock on the Velox site...I just looked myself.

They told me they will be updating on FT86SF soon.

FRSKEV 03-14-2016 01:59 PM

That turbo is sweet, so am I understanding that it has an internal wastegate and internal bov basically?

johan 03-14-2016 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Velox BRZ says "yum".

Was great meeting you Eric, sorry you had to consume some hay to make it happen lol.

LOLS2K 03-14-2016 02:08 PM

What the hay.

VerusEric 03-14-2016 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takumi788 (Post 2580099)
Ditto.

Not available yet on FT86 Speedfactory....and says out of stock on the Velox site...I just looked myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200hp/tonne (Post 2580091)
Where can I buy the ECU bracket/cover?
That is beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gl2filmerguy (Post 2580512)
They told me they will be updating on FT86SF soon.

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/2013...u-brz.html#new

Ask and yee shall receive :cheers::cheers:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSKEV (Post 2580537)
That turbo is sweet, so am I understanding that it has an internal wastegate and internal bov basically?

Yes, it is twin scroll, internally gated (fully divided internal wastegate), and internal BOV. It is very neat technology! I've heard transient response with a turbo of this caliber is unreal, looking forward to seeing it first hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by johan (Post 2580544)
Velox BRZ says "yum".

Was great meeting you Eric, sorry you had to consume some hay to make it happen lol.

Likewise Jay! A bit of superglue and the grill looks good as new.

VerusEric 03-17-2016 04:56 PM

The 7163 is in and it is an engineering marvel! You can tell they really put a lot of thought and time into the design, it's incredibly lightweight as well. Pictures below.

http://i.imgur.com/pJp2A5Y.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/BjvAwnS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ViGAuxh.jpg

The ports into the wastegate seem well placed and large! Should be able to handle boost control well, will find out soon!
http://i.imgur.com/annZpqh.jpg

Being the engineer/nerd that I am, I, of course, took off the covers to look at everything. The turbine housing will be getting coated as well.

http://i.imgur.com/jswIACu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E4zWjZs.jpg

So the turbine housing is headed out for the same coating the other exhaust bits received. I should get everything else back soon from coating as well.

Big things I still need to purchase:
Clutch - Thinking Exedy Twin for down the road?
Flexfuel
Coolant

Thanks,
Eric

VerusEric 03-21-2016 03:43 AM

Received the coated exhaust components earlier today. Still waiting on the turbine. It's a very durable "ceramic" coat but I believe it to be more aesthetic than heat retention coating. Still happy I went with it as it looks great :).

http://i.imgur.com/z7i5Fxu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NEPwpxx.jpg

I ordered an OE Forester engine oil cooler over the weekend for short term oil cooling and a DW 300LPH pump to help with fuel demands.

http://i.imgur.com/FWmgEtS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bmof2Rf.jpg

We had another interesting project come by as well. Tore into a local's trans that ruined 2nd gear. First time seeing this:

http://i.imgur.com/kpgWQCN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CG8kWRG.jpg

And finally, we are gearing up for brake cooling kit production as well which is exciting. I'll have photos of it installed on car in a few weeks.

The blow molded pieces matched up well with the 3D printed units. We asked the manufacturer to make a few changes, namely wall thickness and change the color to black, and hit the go button on production.
http://i.imgur.com/ehFICGo.jpg

And the carbon ducts that rivet to the backing plates were all un-wrapped and ready for assembly.
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1716/...6c2a3828_b.jpg

Thanks,
Eric

ballsdeep 03-21-2016 04:08 AM

Hi, was wondering what compression will you be running?

SPCorBUST 03-21-2016 05:22 AM

Nice to see a build thread! I've been following along on the Velox Instagram account for a while now. :thumbsup: Have been poking at you regarding the brake kits most recently.

First time hearing about this particular turbo kit, looking forward to hearing your impressions.

VerusEric 03-28-2016 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballsdeep (Post 2590389)
Hi, was wondering what compression will you be running?

Stock for right now, planning on building the engine down the line when funds allow it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCorBUST (Post 2590405)
Nice to see a build thread! I've been following along on the Velox Instagram account for a while now. :thumbsup: Have been poking at you regarding the brake kits most recently.

First time hearing about this particular turbo kit, looking forward to hearing your impressions.

The fabrication and welding is some of the best I have seen. Will let you know how it goes when I install the kit and start testing it.

Updates:

Coated the charge air cooler. Purely for cosmetics, it came out pretty well.
http://i.imgur.com/GJknLlx.jpg

Turbine came back from ceramic coating:
http://i.imgur.com/MZHaNru.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bnM7Ssh.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/FuOITVM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uV3wMQQ.jpg

Received my OEM engine oil cooler and fuel pump. I am beyond excited to use the OEM engine oil cooler, I realize it is not enough to cool the oil for track but for daily duty and light runs, this will be perfect.

http://i.imgur.com/FWmgEtS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bmof2Rf.jpg

Thanks,
Eric

200hp/tonne 03-28-2016 01:15 PM

The Subaru oil cooler works more like an oil heater the way it is implemented in the Forrester, but if you source its coolant from a high pressure source like Heater inlet pipe, it works very well in a track day environment.

VerusEric 03-28-2016 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200hp/tonne (Post 2600045)
The Subaru oil cooler works more like an oil heater the way it is implemented in the Forrester, but if you source its coolant from a high pressure source like Heater inlet pipe, it works very well in a track day environment.

That is how I plumbed it :). It should be getting the coolest coolant just after the water pump on the inlet side then dumps the hotter water into the outlet of the engine (inlet of the radiator). Will report back with how it does.

Joe-G 03-28-2016 09:26 PM

Will the brake cooling plates require the hub to be removed, and sandwiched in for installation?

200hp/tonne 03-29-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloxEric (Post 2600731)
That is how I plumbed it :). It should be getting the coolest coolant just after the water pump on the inlet side then dumps the hotter water into the outlet of the engine (inlet of the radiator). Will report back with how it does.

It will flow the other way. The Radiator inlet is high pressure, Radiator outlet/Water pulp inlet is suction/low pressure. This will work as an oil heater until you hit 200-210F then keep the oil temp there. I have been running one in a very similar config for over a year now. Check out how the OEM Automatic transmission heater/cooler is plumbed.

VerusEric 03-29-2016 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200hp/tonne (Post 2601159)
It will flow the other way. The Radiator inlet is high pressure, Radiator outlet/Water pulp inlet is suction/low pressure. This will work as an oil heater until you hit 200-210F then keep the oil temp there. I have been running one in a very similar config for over a year now. Check out how the OEM Automatic transmission heater/cooler is plumbed.

If plumbed in this fashion, http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50427 , the engine oil cooler should be getting "cold" coolant from the radiator when the t-stat opens. When the t-stat is closed, it will be circulating warm coolant and yes, warming the oil up. However, this is a good thing as oil should live around 200-220 degrees F to help evaporate moisture out of the oil. So heating up the oil as fast as possible to this region is great!

200hp/tonne 03-29-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloxEric (Post 2601428)
If plumbed in this fashion, http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50427 , the engine oil cooler should be getting "cold" coolant from the radiator when the t-stat opens. When the t-stat is closed, it will be circulating warm coolant and yes, warming the oil up. However, this is a good thing as oil should live around 200-220 degrees F to help evaporate moisture out of the oil. So heating up the oil as fast as possible to this region is great!

The plumbing in that thread is exactly like Forrester, from low pressure Heater outlet to suction side water pump inlet - purely an oil warmer as there would be very little flow across the oil cooler. Tstat only controls coolant flow through radiator, heater core and Automatic trans cooler get permanent flow. Check out the coolant flow diagram.
Sorry for thread jack, i promise this will be my last post on this topic.

VerusEric 03-29-2016 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200hp/tonne (Post 2601459)
The plumbing in that thread is exactly like Forrester, from low pressure Heater outlet to suction side water pump inlet - purely an oil warmer as there would be very little flow across the oil cooler. Tstat only controls coolant flow through radiator, heater core and Automatic trans cooler get permanent flow. Check out the coolant flow diagram.
Sorry for thread jack, i promise this will be my last post on this topic.

No thread jack at all, I want it hooked up correctly and I believe I do but I can't find *any* coolant flow diagrams, I am merely going off intuition. Please post a coolant flow diagram if you have one!

BRZtoni 03-29-2016 01:16 PM

Velox ! good stuff

JazzleSAURUS 03-29-2016 01:21 PM

Nice build thread, I can't wait for more content related to your car, and more details on the Forester oil cooler.

200hp/tonne 03-29-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloxEric (Post 2601545)
No thread jack at all, I want it hooked up correctly and I believe I do but I can't find *any* coolant flow diagrams, I am merely going off intuition. Please post a coolant flow diagram if you have one!

I remember seeing one when planning this project out, cant find one now. I also went off of the arrows on the heater hoses.

VerusEric 03-29-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 200hp/tonne (Post 2601675)
I cant find one now either, I remember i went off of the arrows on the heater hoses.

I don't think one exists! Not sure why, kind of disappointed at Subaru and the service manual for not providing one. I will gather pictures and post in here my thoughts of why I plumbed it the way I did.

Ultimately the OEM EOC is *not* going to do a ton, it's inlet/outlet are 1/2" and 3/8" respectively, that is *not* much flow, regardless of coolant temp.

VerusEric 03-29-2016 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-G (Post 2600815)
Will the brake cooling plates require the hub to be removed, and sandwiched in for installation?

I will get pictures in here shortly as I am working on install manual now. They do not require removal of hub nor sandwiched between the units so they will work with both BBK and OEM.

DHitHim 03-29-2016 02:08 PM

Did I see Full-Racing Turbo Kit?!?!?!?!?!

GSpeed 03-29-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloxEric (Post 2590368)
And finally, we are gearing up for brake cooling kit production as well which is exciting. I'll have photos of it installed on car in a few weeks.

The blow molded pieces matched up well with the 3D printed units. We asked the manufacturer to make a few changes, namely wall thickness and change the color to black, and hit the go button on production.

Sorry if you've addressed this elsewhere, but are you planning on selling a brake duct kit that would work with the Essex Endurance package? Basically, all the inboard ductwork without the upright-side parts. If so, do you have an estimated availability date?

VerusEric 03-29-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHitHim (Post 2601789)
Did I see Full-Racing Turbo Kit?!?!?!?!?!

Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSpeed (Post 2601822)
Sorry if you've addressed this elsewhere, but are you planning on selling a brake duct kit that would work with the Essex Endurance package? Basically, all the inboard ductwork without the upright-side parts. If so, do you have an estimated availability date?

We can come out with a package like this; however, I believe the Essex unit uses 3" inlet into the bracket? Our outlet of the pancake/internal fender duct is 2.5". This could probably be easily adapted but you'll lose some efficiency as you know I'm sure.

We're trying to get kits out the door in the next 3-4 weeks, nearly everything is inbound at this time.

Thanks,
Eric

GSpeed 03-29-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloxEric (Post 2601851)
Yes!



We can come out with a package like this; however, I believe the Essex unit uses 3" inlet into the bracket? Our outlet of the pancake/internal fender duct is 2.5". This could probably be easily adapted but you'll lose some efficiency as you know I'm sure.

We're trying to get kits out the door in the next 3-4 weeks, nearly everything is inbound at this time.

Thanks,
Eric

Ah, didn't realize yours was 2.5". Yeah, no bueno. Thanks for looking out. We'll figure something out.

Jake

DHitHim 03-29-2016 05:04 PM

Whoops I meant Full-Race as in the EPIC Manifold builders for Hondas and SR20DETs and etc.! That's so sick!!!! I would love an NA header from them! (I plan to go JRSC)

Joe-G 03-30-2016 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeloxEric (Post 2601702)
I will get pictures in here shortly as I am working on install manual now. They do not require removal of hub nor sandwiched between the units so they will work with both BBK and OEM.

That's awesome! I remember coming across a set, which seemed to be mounted that way... Sucks for those who have stuck hubs :bonk::bonk: Not user friendly at all =T


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.