Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mid-Atlantic Chat Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15907)

OrbitalEllipses 02-26-2013 07:00 PM

Yeah, quality concerns regarding fitment was why I skipped the Seibon piece. Bought an OEM thing. Just need it painted now.

kanundrum 02-26-2013 07:02 PM

Should be getting my seibon stuff in a few days I will post up fitment nightmares if any lol

Pure Automotive 02-26-2013 07:31 PM

Yea that pic was seibon, I haven't had much experience personally, but I know some people lately claim that quality is up.

Zaku 02-26-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 759233)
Yeah, quality concerns regarding fitment was why I skipped the Seibon piece. Bought an OEM thing. Just need it painted now.

What color is your car orb and is someone locally doing it?

OrbitalEllipses 02-26-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaku (Post 759446)
What color is your car orb and is someone locally doing it?

Rally Blue. Not sure yet; I got a quote for paint and paint/install at IAG Performance in Westminster. IAG would be a hassle as far as logistics, but I KNOW they would do it right. I just need to check out a few local places in Rockville now for paint to compare against. There's a ton of shops and I don't know where to start.

kanundrum 02-26-2013 11:31 PM

Body work go to D and V, talk to kevin, or wagon works.

bdub85 02-27-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanundrum (Post 759240)
Should be getting my seibon stuff in a few days I will post up fitment nightmares if any lol

Definitely post some pics.

Zaku 02-27-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 759854)
Rally Blue. Not sure yet; I got a quote for paint and paint/install at IAG Performance in Westminster. IAG would be a hassle as far as logistics, but I KNOW they would do it right. I just need to check out a few local places in Rockville now for paint to compare against. There's a ton of shops and I don't know where to start.

I'm not sure if they are still there but try Revision in Rockville, its across from the ice ring on the big road. There behind linclon park, theyre a body shop but might know painters and stuff they work.on a lot of my friends cars.

OrbitalEllipses 02-27-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaku (Post 760709)
I'm not sure if they are still there but try Revision in Rockville, its across from the ice ring on the big road. There behind linclon park, theyre a body shop but might know painters and stuff they work.on a lot of my friends cars.

Yeah they have a location off of Gude Dr that I've driven past several times. Right next to Zamora's Auto Body. There's apparently an affiliated/associated shop that USED to be at that location that is now in Clarksburg and does all kind of stuff though so I'm confused about that.

Zaku 02-27-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 760839)
Yeah they have a location off of Gude Dr that I've driven past several times. Right next to Zamora's Auto Body. There's apparently an affiliated/associated shop that USED to be at that location that is now in Clarksburg and does all kind of stuff though so I'm confused about that.

Yeah they do a bunch of things from Muscles to collision repair, the guys there seem pretty chill when I was there. Some things they do are very expensive, they wanted to charge me alot for a spoiler installment once. But other then that they seem pretty respectable, I even applied to work for them once. Anyways give them a try you might get a good deal for the paint or find some information on a good painter.

Endless Mike 02-27-2013 03:35 PM

Koons Toyota/Scion in Arlington seems to have an FR-S every time I pass (not the same one since I've seen, at various times, silver, black, and white, though black seems to be most common). I'm guessing they're getting at least one a week.

Jaylyons1 02-27-2013 06:47 PM

Anyone going to be in on the SCCA auto-x season this year? I can't decide wether to go C stock or STX.

Jahdai42 02-27-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Mike (Post 761297)
Koons Toyota/Scion in Arlington seems to have an FR-S every time I pass (not the same one since I've seen, at various times, silver, black, and white, though black seems to be most common). I'm guessing they're getting at least one a week.

I think they switch out with Koons in Tysons.

xjohnx 02-27-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaylyons1 (Post 761818)
Anyone going to be in on the SCCA auto-x season this year? I can't decide wether to go C stock or STX.

if i do any SCCA events i'll be going STX. I'll mostly be participating in NASA events though.