Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101882)

themadscientist 04-15-2016 06:05 PM

Tell them "put it in my check."

dvasqu01 04-15-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2623605)
For you folks that think I don't work I received something from my boss (VP) and his boss's boss (Exec VP) today as well. Those that know where I work know that it isn't some Mom and Pop operation either.
I had to share!

Broken image

themadscientist 04-15-2016 06:10 PM

Not an image, it's an attachment.

What would you say, you do here?

https://www.teamphoria.com/wp-conten...e_the_bobs.png

dvasqu01 04-15-2016 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themadscientist (Post 2623625)
Not an image, it's an attachment.

What would you say, you do here?

https://www.teamphoria.com/wp-conten...e_the_bobs.png

Had to go to web view to see it 😅

themadscientist 04-15-2016 06:16 PM

That's actually better, more ironic that way. It's the visual equivalent of me saying "your" an idiot. :bellyroll:

soulreapersteve 04-15-2016 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterSheep (Post 2623492)
Temptation is very difficult.. I gained almost 30 or so pounds when I first started my desk job. I had to realize I wasn't at my other job where I was very active and could just eat whatever. I was going to fast food and literally just getting fat. When I weighed 225lbs I knew I had to change the way I was eating. Now I have a gym membership, write down everything I eat, don't go out to lunch (saves calories and money) and I'm back to 185. It's great to know that I've been able to loose that much over the course of the year. Sometimes I get lazy every now and then because having a full time job, taking some classes at a community college, and a full time gf there's normally not much free time that I have. I try to just find an hour a day where I can go walking or to the gym I like to take it.

It's all about dedication, and once you're dedicated enough is when you'll see results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 2623497)
dat diabeatus doe :thumbdown:

Yeah, you two are right. Believe it or not, I was pretty cut due to my uncle pushing me to go to the gym about 5 years ago. Then we just stopped going. Well, he still goes.. And I'll cut the soda down to once every couple days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2623541)
Well guys some sad new :( I am having to semi retire from here :cry:

I got yet another new job and I wont have much computer time. It has been a good run and I will miss chatting with all you guys every day while I "work" :lol: Today will be my last day with a computer. If you guys still want to reach me I will check on weekends and after work every now and then. I will stay on top of all PM's as I get email alerts. :cheers:

Also shoutout to @ichitaka05 for being a super mod!!

You can always quickly skim through after work or before... that's what I do usually. lol GLHF

Tcoat 04-15-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2623603)
Likely my last time I will ever get to use that gif

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104477

Dude you are going to miss a few hours during the work day you are not going to prison, a desert isle, mars or dying!

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/50573057.jpg

cdrazic93 04-15-2016 07:51 PM

today my math test went like...

http://45.media.tumblr.com/6476d77ee...5fr4o1_400.gif

Dadhawk 04-15-2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2623605)
For you folks that think I don't work I received something from my boss (VP) and his boss's boss (Exec VP) today as well. Those that know where I work know that it isn't some Mom and Pop operation either.
I had to share!

I'm going to assume that congratulations are in order, but as an IT guy who sits all day long drinking Diet Mountain Dew and telling people not to open "unsolicited" attachments from the Interwebs, I'm going to pass on reading....

Tcoat 04-15-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 2623740)
I'm going to assume that congratulations are in order, but as an IT guy who sits all day long drinking Diet Mountain Dew and telling people not to open "unsolicited" attachments from the Interwebs, I'm going to pass on reading....

It is safe!
Changed it to a jpeg for your viewing pleasure.

Dadhawk 04-15-2016 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soulreapersteve (Post 2623459)
You work in IT and don't drink soda?? Is it not our destiny and fate to sit on our asses all shift and get fat??

Kidding of course.. Almost everyone at work drinks coffee and I'm in the minority.

I had a similar conversation with our HR Director in a sidebar of a peer meeting when they announced they were buying into the what I refer to as the "Fitbit Cult" and giving discounts on health insurance if you got a certain number of steps a year.

I said "You realize that if I'm getting 10,000 steps on a weekday it's because I'm not doing the job you are paying me for, right?"

HR Rep: "What do you mean?"

Me: "Well, I'm an IT guy. You pay me to sit in front of a computer all day (usually for 10 to 12 hours). Then I commute an hour each way to work. If I'm getting 10,000 steps I'm not doing my job"

HR Rep: "Oh, yea"

I then pulled out my cell phone with the Fitbit app, took off my Fitbit and started rocking it back and forth between my thumb and pointer finger

Me: "Or, I'm sitting at my desk working and doing this" then proceeded to get 100 steps in about 60 seconds without moving.

She didn't seem appreciative and I'm pretty sure my "fitness reports" will get audited, but so worth it for the expression on her face.

Dadhawk 04-15-2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2623743)
It is safe!
Changed it to a jpeg for your viewing pleasure.

It's all good (I read it anyway). Congrats!

Tcoat 04-15-2016 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 2623748)
I had a similar conversation with our HR Director in a sidebar of a peer meeting when they announced they were buying into the what I refer to as the "Fitbit Cult" and giving discounts on health insurance if you got a certain number of steps a year.

I said "You realize that if I'm getting 10,000 steps on a weekday it's because I'm not doing the job you are paying me for, right?"

HR Rep: "What do you mean?"

Me: "Well, I'm an IT guy. You pay me to sit in front of a computer all day (usually for 10 to 12 hours). Then I commute an hour each way to work. If I'm getting 10,000 steps I'm not doing my job"

HR Rep: "Oh, yea"

I then pulled out my cell phone with the Fitbit app, took off my Fitbit and started rocking it back and forth between my thumb and pointer finger

Me: "Or, I'm sitting at my desk working and doing this" then proceeded to get 100 steps in about 60 seconds without moving.

She didn't seem appreciative and I'm pretty sure my "fitness reports" will get audited, but so worth it for the expression on her face.

Corporate tried to do one of those programs and make it mandatory for all out plants. I flat out refused to have my 4 participate. I argued that those that can and will do that in a day already do, those that can't, don't, and those that that could but don't want to will just find a way to scam the system anyway.
They canned the program after 6 months with the explanation that people that had a job where they had to walk were the only ones getting any results, people in the office were not getting near the goals and they felt some were cheating.
In summary, pretty much your whole story proven out!

Cole 04-15-2016 09:34 PM

What do Princess Diana and cell phones have in common?

They both die in tunnels