Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Random Thoughts - Part Deux [NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101882)

Boomerang 02-28-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 3507819)
Latest dyno run.

Pork dip is concerning

Teseo 02-28-2022 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3507808)
Crammed shit ton of stuff pass 2 wks, now I can breath little bit (just a little). This week I can focus on some of the work project I pushed on the side that's still NEED to finish (by next week).

Plus my daughter's 1st bday is coming up <2wks... fuck... so much to do, so lil time.

It will a complete fail. Best you can do is organize 2nd year old Bday from now.

soundman98 02-28-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 3507808)
Plus my daughter's 1st bday is coming up <2wks... fuck... so much to do, so lil time.

Don't worry about it. Any b-day party before they're 4-5 is really only an excuse to get the family together to catch up with a side show of oogling at the baby smashing a cake and crying at the lesser-known uncle/aunt's that try to hold them for 0.5 seconds.

Look at it less like "dateline: to host a party" and more like "Who's line is it anyways".

Honestly I think kids are boring until about 2-3. 5 is the best. [Mostly] potty trained, have an opinion[that's wrong], and more importantly, an imagination that makes castles out of cardboard.

Tonight, the nephews invited me to play in my parents guest bedroom "on the jungle gym". The bed was the 'jungle gym'.

spike021 02-28-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3507851)
I'm guessing it's his fancy-schmancy sous vide thingy

Ahhh right. I thought he had one of those fancy bluetooth thermometers as well for monitoring a bbq.

spike021 02-28-2022 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundman98 (Post 3507864)
Don't worry about it. Any b-day party before they're 4-5 is really only an excuse to get the family together to catch up with a side show of oogling at the baby smashing a cake and crying at the lesser-known uncle/aunt's that try to hold them for 0.5 seconds.

Look at it less like "dateline: to host a party" and more like "Who's line is it anyways".

Honestly I think kids are boring until about 2-3. 5 is the best. [Mostly] potty trained, have an opinion[that's wrong], and more importantly, an imagination that makes castles out of cardboard.

Tonight, the nephews invited me to play in my parents guest bedroom "on the jungle gym". The bed was the 'jungle gym'.

Ah yes. I remember that age (actually for real I do).

Two things I did at the time:

1. I had a best friend. I was super into robots and such. He had some kind of battery-operated robot toy. I somehow convinced him to have us both start taking it apart with a screwdriver with no clue how to put it back together, thinking it'd be easy (we didn't and IIRC his mom got pissed, lol).

2. ~ pre-school, I wanted to build a mix of the Delorean from Back to the Future and the fancy kart from the Little Rascals movie. So I took a bunch of cardboard, caps from the milk jug and soda bottles. Made myself a whole control panel to attach to the inside of a box, complete with "dials" and "buttons".

Wish I still had that kind of creativity sometimes. :sigh:

Teseo 03-01-2022 07:09 AM

Well... shit happened. Welcome to WW3

Dadhawk 03-01-2022 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3507871)
So I took a bunch of cardboard, caps from the milk jug and soda bottles. Made myself a whole control panel to attach to the inside of a box, complete with "dials" and "buttons".

My favorite CAD (cardboard aided design) toy as a kid happened when my parents bough a new refrigerator and chest freezer. I commandeered the boxes, made a submarine out of the two with the frig box as the tower, and made a periscope out of an aluminum foil box and two small mirrors (instructions were in a set of "Childcraft Encyclopedias").

It served as a submarine, and an Apollo LEM. Many happy hours with that one.

Tcoat 03-01-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teseo (Post 3507899)
Well... shit happened. Welcome to WW3

Not a WW...yet.

Sapphireho 03-01-2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3507820)
I'm at the park with the sun hitting my eyes and I swear at first I read "rate your cook" as "rate your cock".

So I can only assume you were smoking/bbq'ing some poultry.

It gets a great rating.

Just a ball-tip roast in the oven for slicing.

Sapphireho 03-01-2022 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramaroon (Post 3507851)
I'm guessing it's his fancy-schmancy sous vide thingy

Nah, my fancy MEATER thermometer. Accidentally found the graph page. I'm still trying to figure out what you would use it for?

Tcoat 03-01-2022 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 3507934)
Nah, my fancy MEATER thermometer. Accidentally found the graph page. I'm still trying to figure out what you would use it for?

Repeatability.
How many times have you ever cooked something to perfection once and never managed to do it again?
"Hey remember that great roast we made last year? What temperature and how long did we cook it at?"

https://www.wired.com/wp-content/upl...015/03/855.gif

Sapphireho 03-01-2022 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3507935)
Repeatability.
How many times have you ever cooked something to perfection once and never managed to do it again?
"Hey remember that great roast we made last year? What temperature and how long did we cook it at?"

https://www.wired.com/wp-content/upl...015/03/855.gif

It is interesting now that I look at it more closely, and compare to graphs of other cooks. You can see with ambient temp when I turn the oven off, then when the roast is pulled out. I also found the notes page, and where you can add a photo. Best meat thermometer ever.

Ultramaroon 03-01-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3507820)
"rate your cock".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphireho (Post 3507932)
It gets a great rating.

Just a ball-tip

nice

NoHaveMSG 03-01-2022 11:51 AM

I love it when I think I found a solution to a problem, then I wake up at 1am because I thought of a new scenario that could happen. Back to testing :sigh: