Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Mid-Atlantic Chat Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15907)

TyperRspec789 02-12-2013 09:17 PM

I used to be really into car audio back in high school. I would've done this mod if I weren't going all racecar on my FRS.. Oh well.

xjohnx 02-12-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyperRspec789 (Post 731056)
I used to be really into car audio back in high school. I would've done this mod if I weren't going all racecar on my FRS.. Oh well.

I'm not going full racecar, but it'll see VIR/Summit Point 3-4x a year plus a good number of auto-x's. But it's also my daily driver, so having a good quality audio system is equally important to me. Wish i could afford to make it full racecar.

Pure Automotive 02-12-2013 09:30 PM

It's not going to be that detrimental to the performance of the car, its not very heavy, its just a matter of where you want to spend $1k, I wish it was less, I wish I could get just the sub even and leave the crappy components in there

TyperRspec789 02-13-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohnx (Post 731060)
I'm not going full racecar, but it'll see VIR/Summit Point 3-4x a year plus a good number of auto-x's. But it's also my daily driver, so having a good quality audio system is equally important to me. Wish i could afford to make it full racecar.

I'm not necessarily going "Full racecar"- not gutting it out or anything. It's just that I'm keeping my mods specifically for performance with some aesthetically pleasing changes mixed in.

If you've ever seen Tropic Thunder, you never want to go "full retard"... Kinda applying that concept to my car.

OrbitalEllipses 02-13-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyperRspec789 (Post 731752)
If you've ever seen Tropic Thunder, you never want to go "full retard"... Kinda applying that concept to my car.

You see that all too often. Someone goes TOO hardcore with their car, then doesn't enjoy driving it anymore.

xjohnx 02-13-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyperRspec789 (Post 731752)
I'm not necessarily going "Full racecar"- not gutting it out or anything. It's just that I'm keeping my mods specifically for performance with some aesthetically pleasing changes mixed in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y3FzVQi-R8"]Never Go Full Retard - Tropic Thunder - YouTube[/ame]

kanundrum 02-13-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 731951)
You see that all too often. Someone goes TOO hardcore with their car, then doesn't enjoy driving it anymore.

I couldn't agree more, this happened with my Scion that was A Daily. I think with the FR-S since its not daily I can go a little but more but still not even Full Hardcore

TyperRspec789 02-13-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 731951)

I'm happy somebody understood what I was trying to say.

OrbitalEllipses 02-13-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyperRspec789 (Post 732155)
I'm happy somebody understood what I was trying to say.

BRB need to strip my interior to lose weight and add 12K/12K springs for awesome handling!

kanundrum 02-13-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 732162)
BRB need to strip my interior to lose weight and add 12K/12K springs for awesome handling!

LOL thats actually not bad when you start removing A/C and glove boxes and door trim thats when it becomes an issue lol

xjohnx 02-13-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanundrum (Post 732197)
LOL thats actually not bad when you start removing A/C and glove boxes and door trim thats when it becomes an issue lol

I made the mistake of going with a 6 point cage in my ITR because i got a good deal on it. Thankfully i was able to remove the front two points and leave it as a 4 point, but even that was overkill for the number of track days I was doing. I won't be making that mistake again.

Although, i should be picking up a truck in the near future. I work for a construction company and our project managers put miles on them quickly going from job site to job site. Talked with one of the owners the other day and i'm pretty sure I will be able to pick an 07 Silverado (4.8L V8, 4WD, LTZ package) with ~140k miles for $1200. Can't pass on that, even with the high miles.

Grimlock 02-13-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses (Post 732162)

This is why I autocross pantsless.

chappys4life 02-13-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjohnx (Post 732224)
I made the mistake of going with a 6 point cage in my ITR because i got a good deal on it. Thankfully i was able to remove the front two points and leave it as a 4 point, but even that was overkill for the number of track days I was doing. I won't be making that mistake again.

Although, i should be picking up a truck in the near future. I work for a construction company and our project managers put miles on them quickly going from job site to job site. Talked with one of the owners the other day and i'm pretty sure I will be able to pick an 07 Silverado (4.8L V8, 4WD, LTZ package) with ~140k miles for $1200. Can't pass on that, even with the high miles.

Man does he have another one? Looking for a 4x4 truck but they seem so high.

xjohnx 02-13-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappys4life (Post 732252)
Man does he have another one? Looking for a 4x4 truck but they seem so high.

They're going to have a few coming up for sale, but I think they're all going to be taken by employees. There are some 07 Tundra's, but they're the V6 and 2WD. The V6 isn't bad at all in those trucks, but if i'm getting something i want something with 4WD since the BRZ has its issues in snow. I doubt anything will change though, but if it does i'll let you guys know.