Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   East bay Weekly Meet (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51922)

BRZkitty 04-24-2014 07:49 PM

Have fun today guys won't make this one

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Krispeee 04-24-2014 10:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like I got here first. Anyone else here? Attachment 76141

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC51ed 04-24-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krispeee (Post 1696286)
Looks like I got here first. Anyone else here? Attachment 76141

On my way!

BigFatFlip 04-24-2014 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krispeee (Post 1696286)
Looks like I got here first. Anyone else here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC51ed (Post 1696289)
On my way!

Yay! I was starting to feel bad with Kris all by himself lol

RC51ed 04-24-2014 10:41 PM

Traffic still sucks.

Krispeee 04-24-2014 10:53 PM

Take your time, just hanging out in a car I rarely drive.

RC51ed 04-25-2014 11:15 AM

East bay Weekly Meet

Nice small meet last night. That shore center has a small gas fire pit in the middle of all the eateries. Krispee and I stayed semi warm till we decided to head back to the car. On the way back. We saw another frs getting ready to leave. It was hiro. I believe his sn is. Was just finishing his playlist for his drive home when we came up. Apparently he was at chipotle while we were at 5 guys none of us posted an update on where we were eating. So we admired our cars for a while longer. Some light showers came thru so we opted to stand under a big tree by the sidewalk. Unfortunately hiro's window was still open. Hope it didn't get things too wet.

So the night ended at 10 and a lot of interesting conversations took place..👍👍👍

Krispeee 04-25-2014 12:17 PM

Small turnout, but it was nice to get some fresh air and grab a burger from 5 guys. Always a pleasure seeing you @RC51ed, and nice to meet you Hiro(??).

PMok 04-28-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkonion (Post 1695253)
Yeah. Smoking pig isn't too far away. Just around the corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkonion (Post 1695030)
It just opened on Monday. It is at the corner of Paseo Padre and Walnut, down near BART. It is in a strip mall near the court house. Parking on the front side of the strip mall could be a bit busy, but there should be plenty of parking on the sides.

I just heard a horrible story from my sister-in-law about how rudely she and her family were treated by the server and manager at Smoking Pig recently. They completely disrespected her and as much as I love BBQ and wanted to try this place, that means I won't be going there. :mad0260:

I like the Counter idea, but worried it may be too busy so recently after opening.

finch1750 04-28-2014 03:15 PM

I know it's early, but can we have someone east like Castro Valley/San Ramon this week? I need to pick up some tires from Omar and sell a engine cover to @sw20kosh. lol

darkonion 04-28-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMok (Post 1702656)
I like the Counter idea, but worried it may be too busy so recently after opening.

My friends and I ate there on Saturday night. It wasn't too bad, but they haven't quite gotten things down yet. All our burgers were a little overdone and the service was slow.

With that said though... that's what we figure would happen on opening week. All and all though... good experience though the restaurant is a little small.

Xerious 04-28-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Wow sorry to hear about Smoking Pig. I tried hiring the counter in Saturday after 2pm and it was a 50 minute wait. We just left.

Parking was difficult too. There's a 24 hour fitness nearby that eats up a lot of parking. Later at night might not be too bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

FUN BRZ 04-28-2014 05:14 PM

Quote:

I just heard a horrible story from my sister-in-law about how rudely she and her family were treated by the server and manager at Smoking Pig recently. They completely disrespected her and as much as I love BBQ and wanted to try this place, that means I won't be going there. :mad0260:

Damn I'm sorry to hear about this bad experience at Smoking Pig! My fiancé and I love the original one down here in S.J. it's been open for quite a few years. The owner and his wife are always there.

The one down here looks a little run down though compared to the pictures of the one from Fremont I've seen on Yelp. I think the one down here used to be some old Chinese Seafood restaurant of some sort.

Gonna talk to him and tell him about this situation, you should come down to the one and S.J to give it a try though! You can't live life without trying a Wolf Turd!

BigFatFlip 04-28-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

That's too bad to hear, the SJ was always awesome, with very friendly service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUN BRZ (Post 1702947)
Damn I'm sorry to hear about this bad experience at Smoking Pig! My fiancé and I love the original one down here in S.J. it's been open for quite a few years. The owner and his wife are always there.

The one down here looks a little run down though compared to the pictures of the one from Fremont I've seen on Yelp. I think the one down here used to be some old Chinese Seafood restaurant of some sort.

Gonna talk to him and tell him about this situation, you should come down to the one and S.J to give it a try though! You can't live life without trying a Wolf Turd!

Exactly what i was going to say! Parking us also difficult since the lot is quite small. Very interesting to learn that it used to be a Chinese restaurant, I've always wondered about the weird layout. Wolf turds will be the death of me!