Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Gran Turismo 7 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149008)

ichitaka05 04-25-2022 10:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Drift setup in GT7 isn’t easy as GTS. I thought it’ll be same, but feels like brake bias feel & tire grip changed a lot… still able to toss 86 around

NoHaveMSG 04-25-2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 3518975)
If going to the track is something you're remotely interested in doing, I wouldn't let GT7 dissuade you from it, haha. IRL is NOWHERE near as difficult as it feels in GT7. Being a video game, and with most of us on a limited "setup" budget, you're deprived of so much sensory input. And that sensory input makes all the difference. When you can feel the car rotating based on your inputs, and get tire chatter through the steering wheel, it makes things much easier. Naturally that varies from car to car.

It is weird how difficult some things feel, but others feel so easy. You can brake hard so far into the apex with some steering angle, and even if you blow a corner you can save it a lot of times because of this. The FFB is just weight in the steering, it's not detailed at all though I notice it lightens up considerably in the rain. Going from GT7 to ACC is night and day. The FFB in ACC is very detailed. I find I lose the car randomly in GT7 with no idea how and no indication the car was going to go.

I am use to games like ACC where you typically drive with some TCS in GT3 cars. I expected to maybe want a touch of TCS in cars over 400hp but the Porsche's in GT7 are ridiculously unstable. I probably spent 3 hours on the Nordschleife part of cafe book 31, the 997 GT3 I was using was a nightmare to drive.

fredzy 04-25-2022 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3519003)
It is weird how difficult some things feel, but others feel so easy. You can brake hard so far into the apex with some steering angle, and even if you blow a corner you can save it a lot of times because of this. The FFB is just weight in the steering, it's not detailed at all though I notice it lightens up considerably in the rain. Going from GT7 to ACC is night and day. The FFB in ACC is very detailed. I find I lose the car randomly in GT7 with no idea how and no indication the car was going to go.

I am use to games like ACC where you typically drive with some TCS in GT3 cars. I expected to maybe want a touch of TCS in cars over 400hp but the Porsche's in GT7 are ridiculously unstable. I probably spent 3 hours on the Nordschleife part of cafe book 31, the 997 GT3 I was using was a nightmare to drive.

Apparently the latest update made some big changes to physics:

Quote:

“adjusted the geometry calculations” which caused a lack of rear-end grip particularly on rear-wheel drive cars
Looking forward to trying it out

ichitaka05 04-25-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredzy (Post 3519024)

They also added BRZ S and GT300 BRZ. OF course Cappuccino as well. Interested on if BRZ will be same PP as GR86.

Kaotic Lazagna 04-25-2022 12:41 PM

The Cappuccino would have been great to use in the kei car mission. But I'm not doing that again. I don't care for the gold prize car anyway.

NoHaveMSG 04-25-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredzy (Post 3519024)
Apparently the latest update made some big changes to physics:

Just a bit more stability on some cars would be nice. Like coming down the hill at out of Aremberg it was so hard to stay on the power, and in light rain on intermediates the car just randomly spun coming down Dottinger Hohe. I did end up doing a 8:07 in mixed conditions but I don't think I have ever try harded so hard before.

fredzy 04-25-2022 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3519035)
Just a bit more stability on some cars would be nice. Like coming down the hill at out of Aremberg it was so hard to stay on the power, and in light rain on intermediates the car just randomly spun coming down Dottinger Hohe. I did end up doing a 8:07 in mixed conditions but I don't think I have ever try harded so hard before.

Gotta try the update. I just got done trying it out, and I am psyched to say the least. Might have been the first time I really enjoyed just driving in GT7

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa.../post-13699402

NoHaveMSG 04-25-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredzy (Post 3519048)
Gotta try the update. I just got done trying it out, and I am psyched to say the least. Might have been the first time I really enjoyed just driving in GT7

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa.../post-13699402

Did that come out today? I will have to try it when I get home. I saw something about server maint today but didn't know there was an update. A little more FFB at low speeds would be nice. Sometimes if feels like I got nothing through my wheel.

fredzy 04-25-2022 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3519055)
Did that come out today? I will have to try it when I get home. I saw something about server maint today but didn't know there was an update. A little more FFB at low speeds would be nice. Sometimes if feels like I got nothing through my wheel.

Yes, new update. A few new cars and 24h Spa layout.

It's hard to say regarding FFB, I don't think much has changed, but the fact that cars are so much more controllable maybe makes what FFB you get feel more adequate.

spcmafia 04-25-2022 02:25 PM

Oh boy, I didn't know the Aston Martin Vulcan is available in GT7. Has anyone tried it out? I know Jeremy C. tested it on TGT and his words were "Is not like being attacked by a bear, but being in a room with a bear that is thinking of attacking you."

NoHaveMSG 04-25-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spcmafia (Post 3519065)
Oh boy, I didn't know the Aston Martin Vulcan is available in GT7. Has anyone tried it out? I know Jeremy C. tested it on TGT and his words were "Is not like being attacked by a bear, but being in a room with a bear that is thinking of attacking you."

Did you see when Chris Harris drove one?

"My face is bending."

spcmafia 04-25-2022 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3519068)
Did you see when Chris Harris drove one?

"My face is bending."

I haven't but I'll check it out!

WolfpackS2k 04-25-2022 03:42 PM

I'm most excited about doing the new 1 hour Spa race. $1,500,000 payout if you get CRB and from the chatter I've seen online it's not a terribly difficult race to win.

spcmafia 04-25-2022 03:49 PM

OMG this thing is a absolute monster. The amount of grip and how fast you can take corners is unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk