Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Software Tuning (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   OFT Tune Usefull Information and Tweaks (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74754)

jprice130 06-26-2015 05:10 PM

@steve99 thanks so much for providing the intake and exhaust cam timing tables for these headers. Your support of this community is amazing!

I do have a question about the VVT tables for the Nameless header....Are you able to reveal the original source of the cam timing tables? Like, did these come from a pro tuner or did they come from a "regular joe"? I know all of this stuff is a "use at your own risk" kind of thing, but I was just curious of the source for the information.

steve99 06-26-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprice130 (Post 2300894)
@steve99 thanks so much for providing the intake and exhaust cam timing tables for these headers. Your support of this community is amazing!

I do have a question about the VVT tables for the Nameless header....Are you able to reveal the original source of the cam timing tables? Like, did these come from a pro tuner or did they come from a "regular joe"? I know all of this stuff is a "use at your own risk" kind of thing, but I was just curious of the source for the information.

No not from pro tuners just other guys, and yes as always use at own risk.

troek 07-28-2015 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve99 (Post 2300968)
No not from pro tuners just other guys, and yes as always use at own risk.

same for the ACE header? and awesome work with threads like this, your a great resource to the forums.:party0030:

steve99 07-28-2015 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troek (Post 2337463)
same for the ACE header? and awesome work with threads like this, your a great resource to the forums.:party0030:

it came from a tuner but it was their first brz\86

troek 07-28-2015 05:53 AM

looking for some cam tables to try with my HKS el header. id pay one of the tuners that got 190+hp for their cam tables, but i doubt anyone would go for that as i could share them and that wouldnt be cool if they are not ok with it.

steve99 07-28-2015 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troek (Post 2337472)
looking for some cam tables to try with my HKS el header. id pay one of the tuners that got 190+hp for their cam tables, but i doubt anyone would go for that as i could share them and that wouldnt be cool if they are not ok with it.

guy over here has x force header which is similar 4 21 design oft el tables he got 139kw on e85 on dyno where stock car does about 112 kw was one of the top hp cars

results here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91909

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...WUlpgodp4AGwwc

troek 07-28-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve99 (Post 2337483)
guy over here has x force header which is similar 4 21 design oft el tables he got 139kw on e85 on dyno where stock car does about 112 kw was one of the top hp cars

results here

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91909

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgu...WUlpgodp4AGwwc

ah not bad, i wish i could remember where the post was that showed what el header oft was tuned on.

steve99 07-28-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by troek (Post 2337563)
ah not bad, i wish i could remember where the post was that showed what el header oft was tuned on.

I think it was the openflash EL header they never released

KoolBRZ 07-28-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akahenry (Post 2227002)
How do I disable the P050B CEL code?

Also, from the official thread of "Disabling High Rev Cold Start," I saw that another user had the same dilemma: not having the "MAF Correction After Start (In Gear)" and "MAF Correction After Start (Neutral)" in the "Mass Airflow / Engine Load" Folder. Any idea on how I can SAFELY implement this or is it even possible to implement it? Also, I'm currently running the Stage 2 UEL 91 Octane Tune (v2.066). I noticed that in your aforementioned photo about the changing the "Ignition Timing Post Start" values from -15 to -4, you're running the Stage 1 map. Does the Stage 1 Map have the "MAF Correction After Start (In Gear & Neutral" categories whereas the Stage 2 UEL don't? (Amateur Enthusiast right here by the way, bare with me)

Update: Figured out how to disable the P050B Code.

@Wayno added a lot of oft compatible definitions to his "OFT Maps for AT (Auto Trans), 98RON, E85 Fuel Economy, updated MAF scales." thread. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83945
You'll find those tables already defined in @Wayno's definitions, if you have one of the compatible CAL ID's. After successfully implementing all of wayno's changes by adding them in manually to my definition, he created a set of definitions and posted them. If I had only waited, it would have saved me so much work. Check out wayno's definitions to see if he has one for your CAL ID, and save yourself the work of changing them yourself. Wayno's 98 RON tune will run on 91 octane, at certain gas stations, but I recommend running what I call a "crap gas tune" with timing retarded at least 1 degree across the table if you're going to take a trip out of town. My car was running well until I headed out of town up the Okanogan valley towards Canada. My IAM went from 1.0 to as low as .48. I couldn't actually hear it, but in my imagination it was clattering like a diesel. I wish I had had a crap gas tune with me on that trip.

KoolBRZ 07-28-2015 12:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by troek (Post 2337472)
looking for some cam tables to try with my HKS el header. id pay one of the tuners that got 190+hp for their cam tables, but i doubt anyone would go for that as i could share them and that wouldnt be cool if they are not ok with it.

How about these tables I tuned for my nameless PLM knockoff long-tube EL header. They should work well with your header, depending on how much restriction you have in the rest of your exhaust. These, combined with all the rest of wayno's changes, make my car more fun to drive, as well as being more economical.

Wayno 07-28-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KoolBRZ (Post 2337835)
@Wayno added a lot of oft compatible definitions to his "OFT Maps for AT (Auto Trans), 98RON, E85 Fuel Economy, updated MAF scales." thread. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83945
You'll find those tables already defined in @Wayno's definitions, if you have one of the compatible CAL ID's. After successfully implementing all of wayno's changes by adding them in manually to my definition, he created a set of definitions and posted them. If I had only waited, it would have saved me so much work. Check out wayno's definitions to see if he has one for your CAL ID, and save yourself the work of changing them yourself. Wayno's 98 RON tune will run on 91 octane, at certain gas stations, but I recommend running what I call a "crap gas tune" with timing retarded at least 1 degree across the table if you're going to take a trip out of town. My car was running well until I headed out of town up the Okanogan valley towards Canada. My IAM went from 1.0 to as low as .48. I couldn't actually hear it, but in my imagination it was clattering like a diesel. I wish I had had a crap gas tune with me on that trip.

I wouldn't recommend people detune their cars for no reason just because yours has all this weird valve timing going on requiring completely different ignition timing.

KoolBRZ 07-29-2015 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayno (Post 2338477)
I wouldn't recommend people detune their cars for no reason just because yours has all this weird valve timing going on requiring completely different ignition timing.

Nope, that was just bad gas. Once it was all gone I put back in your timing table and my IAM was back to 1. I did have a panic yesterday when my IAM was stuck on 0. I didn't notice it going down, I suddenly noticed it was at 0. But, it was an OFT thing. The next time I stopped, I unplugged it and replugged it and it went back to 1.0.
On another note, my weird valve timing thing is about to get weirder. I bought soaz's nearly new ESC and I'll be installing that next week, along with a Procede controller which I will be custom mapping. Since FI gets rid of the flat spot, valve timing becomes much simpler. It simply becomes a case of adjusting for the most power without causing rubber-band shifts. I've also got a plan to use the Procede controller to manage a rear-mounted turbo as well as the ESC throttle. This would all be map-able with open source software.

Wayno 07-29-2015 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve99 (Post 2298980)
ACE and Nameless PLM header cam angle tables Normal and safe tables are same.
Note these tables will get you in the ballpark, but may require adjustments and you may need to adjust fueling and ignition timing as well to extract full benefit


They are copied straight from UEL OTS tune unmodified.

steve99 07-29-2015 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayno (Post 2338871)
They are copied straight from UEL OTS tune unmodified.

Difference between ace and oft EL header tables is minimal , not sure how good tuner was who did them


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.