Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rocky Mountains / Great Plains (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Denver owners? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37253)

gdrider77 10-22-2013 02:34 PM

Here in Denver.

mrlewistan 10-26-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdrider77 (Post 1286068)
Here in Denver.

welcome!

GuerillaRacing 11-13-2013 04:51 PM

Just moved to Denver, interested in Cars and Coffee. Any information about it? Would love to come out!

hattrickey 11-13-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaRacing (Post 1329717)
Just moved to Denver, interested in Cars and Coffee. Any information about it? Would love to come out!

Congrats on the move. Cars and Coffee is the first Saturday of every month in Lafayette in the parking lot next to the YMCA. Not sure how popular it is during the winter months, but during the summer it's pretty awesome.

Chupacabra 11-14-2013 12:07 AM

I've also just moved to Denver. Finally have gotten situated and will be putting some winter tires on in the next few weeks. I've been blown away by the 60 degree days...in November?!

gdrider77 11-14-2013 12:14 AM

Denver owners?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupacabra (Post 1330509)
I've also just moved to Denver. Finally have gotten situated and will be putting some winter tires on in the next few weeks. I've been blown away by the 60 degree days...in November?!

Yeah man. Weather here is awesome. I actually still drive my brz in this weather. Love the sunny days and mild weather. Great to get out and drive or even better, hit the track.

No winter titles for me, but I don't drive in the snow or rain. It a truck for that.

Welcome and hope to see you at a meet some time soon, or in the spring. Depending on the weather. Or let's hit the track. Really would like to organize a fun twin track day.

Speaking of denver owners. Headed up to get my car tuned some more on Monday afternoon if anyone wants to ride along and check it out. And for those up north, Lewis. I will be back in Longmont.

gdrider77 11-14-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaRacing (Post 1329717)

Hey man. Hope the move went well. Anytime you want to do lunch, once settled. Hit me up.

Chupacabra 11-14-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdrider77 (Post 1330517)
Yeah man. Weather here is awesome. I actually still drive my brz in this weather. Love the sunny days and mild weather. Great to get out and drive or even better, hit the track.

No winter titles for me, but I don't drive in the snow or rain. It a truck for that.

Welcome and hope to see you at a meet some time soon, or in the spring. Depending on the weather. Or let's hit the track. Really would like to organize a fun twin track day.

I happily sold my forester prior to moving here and I only work about 15 minutes from work, no need to buy a beater.

I'm definitely down to do a track day, it'd be a fun time for having just twins on a track. And where do y'all meet up? I've seen a few other twins down here in the DTC but I'm looking to do more exploring until my lady makes it to town.

Chupacabra 11-17-2013 02:24 AM

I had a chance to take my FR-S to an Open Lapping session at High PLains Raceway today and really had an incredible time.

You owners owe it to yourself to do the same; our cars are pretty capable out of the box.

Enjoy!

[ame]http://youtu.be/Ljq5L3-QGng[/ame]

GuerillaRacing 11-18-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupacabra (Post 1336266)
I had a chance to take my FR-S to an Open Lapping session at High PLains Raceway today and really had an incredible time.

You owners owe it to yourself to do the same; our cars are pretty capable out of the box.

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Ljq5L3-QGng

Awesome, we will have to hit up this track ASAP!

edit: Also, it's only an hour from downtown Denver. Sweet! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to thrashing about there!

Chupacabra 11-18-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaRacing (Post 1338028)
Awesome, we will have to hit up this track ASAP!

edit: Also, it's only an hour from downtown Denver. Sweet! Thanks for the info. Looking forward to thrashing about there!

There was another local owner who had upgraded DBA brakes with Ferodo pads and did pretty good. I think if I keep doing track days, I'll probably upgrade the brakes and maybe do a different set of wheels and tires.

GuerillaRacing 11-18-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupacabra (Post 1338888)
There was another local owner who had upgraded DBA brakes with Ferodo pads and did pretty good. I think if I keep doing track days, I'll probably upgrade the brakes and maybe do a different set of wheels and tires.

Right on. I need to upgrade the brakes in our FR-S as well. So far we just have track coilovers / wheels / tires / exhaust so I'm anxious to see how it performs out there compared to stock.

wheelhaus 11-19-2013 08:59 AM

I was on stock rotors, ferodo pads, stainless lines and better fluid, and I never had a fade issue at High Plains.

It's a REALLY fun track, lots of elevation changes in the back section and some tricky corners. I miss Second Creek. ):

MarcL 11-20-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chupacabra (Post 1336266)

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/Ljq5L3-QGng

+1! I took my SWP BRZ Limited out there over the summer and had an absolute blast. Can't wait to do it again.