Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Release Series 2.0 out! anyone? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102537)

ELNseven 03-07-2016 03:31 PM

mine arrives in april. cant wait

gtslow 03-07-2016 03:49 PM

$30,305 for a manual transmission.

MokSpeed 03-07-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 2571706)
Hm... that's not fully true. Not everyone is looking for performance from this car. Some people want luxury features from this car. Yes, I know, it sounds crazy, but I've heard it often.

Basically every BRZ limited owner.

Chrisgalactic 03-07-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloist (Post 2572096)
My dealership has it in the showroom already

Attachment 132694
Attachment 132695

I wish the previous Frs's came with those wheels. The color is so unique too but why so expensive! Why lol 200whp maybe?

D88 03-07-2016 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 2571777)
Nice opinion, bro.

Thanks, without opinions, these forums would be pretty dead.

ichitaka05 03-07-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2572189)
Basically every BRZ limited owner.

Hey! I just wanted Push Start, Dual Climate Control, HID and foglights. I didn't need bum warmer, leather interior, HomeLinks & other stuff... but meh, whatever lol

MokSpeed 03-07-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 2572273)
Hey! I just wanted Push Start, Dual Climate Control, HID and foglights. I didn't need bum warmer, leather interior, HomeLinks & other stuff... but meh, whatever lol

It's not a bad thing to want luxury features. I was just using that as a solid example to further prove your point.

ichitaka05 03-07-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2572295)
It's not a bad thing to want luxury features. I was just using that as a solid example to further prove your point.

Sorry, it was a sarcasm. :D

funwheeldrive 03-07-2016 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MokSpeed (Post 2572295)

Especially when the difference in a base FRS and Limited BRZ is less than 20lbs.

brandonblt2 03-07-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichitaka05 (Post 2571858)
Really? I haven't seen it before. I wanna see some custom one.

But realistically speaking not everyone have an option to do custom upholstering. Some people prefer not to modify their car, but want luxury at the same time. Some ppl demand so much from this car lol

Yup there is a thread somewhere called show off your interior. But yea I agree and understand It being logical for those who don't want to mod there car but for those who do this wouldn't make much sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2571868)
And to custom do all of the interior to the level of the rs 2 it would probably cost more than the difference in price of the car anyway.

You are actually getting quite a list of stuff on that car for the money. It isn't just a "body kit and some wheels" as so may like to state.

All the guys screaming "we want the options all the other countries have" are in for a shock if they think they are going to get those for the price of a base FRS. There is a perfectly valid reason why the cars were cheaper as Scions that they are as Toyotas in the rest of the world.

And nope katzkin leather lets you completely redesign your whole interior for alittle less than $3,000 but that's with premium leather no cheap stuff or pvc. I got my car for $25k I would still have $3k with to play with for a set of nice wheels, front lip, and rear lip.

ichitaka05 03-07-2016 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonblt2 (Post 2572383)
Yup there is a thread somewhere called show off your interior. But yea I agree and understand It being logical for those who don't want to mod there car but for those who do this wouldn't make much sense.

Huh, I must find that thread! :thanks:

fitcious 03-07-2016 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloist (Post 2571775)
They're actually very different from the finish to the design. The spokes on the 2.0 wheels taper out to the rim whereas the Series.Blue do not. The black PVD finish also looks less dark compared to the gloss black STI rims.

are the gloss black STI rims forged as well?

Tcoat 03-07-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brandonblt2 (Post 2572383)

And nope katzkin leather lets you completely redesign your whole interior for alittle less than $3,000 but that's with premium leather no cheap stuff or pvc. I got my car for $25k I would still have $3k with to play with for a set of nice wheels, front lip, and rear lip.

And a keyless entry/ignition, dual zone heaters, heated seats, HID lights and if you really want to push it a custom paint job.
A custom interior is still glorified seat covers and can have all the issues that come with them.
Also if you are going to knock $1K off the list price of a base model then you need to knock the 2 down as well and say you can get it for $29K hard to get just the wheels and aero (equivalent quality not Ebay crap) with the difference. The point being the value is there if you want all the goodies. If you want just the interior then sure after market is the way to go.

Jordan Silveira 03-07-2016 07:39 PM

Hey Veloist,

Thanks for the specific clarification. I see what you mean and I should have been more clear but the point I was trying to make was that for all intents and purposes these wheels are very similar to the STI wheels. I am currently trying to decide between getting an RS 2.0, a Hyperblue, or waiting and seeing if I can get a nice WRB series.blue.

Personally I really do love this version but what holds me up are some of the niceties that I care about. personally I like the smiley face, mustache, mouthguard, etc of the BRZ versus the angry face, fangs of the FRS. Moreover, I love the fish hook xenon headlights of the BRZ versus the EDM/JDM headlights that come on the RS 2.0. I absolutely love the camel interior and the benefit of the armrest being built in. I love the subtle aero kit but what kills me is the price. 30k before taxes and other fees is crazy to me. Sure the wheels are very nice, so lets call that 2500, the interior is literally the same interior as what came in the series.blue, hyperblue, limited BRZ in so far as leather/alcantara, its just a matter of what thread color and dye they used for leather. That doesn't diminish how much I love the camel over the basic hyperblue black and blue stitching or dark blue leather in the series blue.

I would be sold completely if they would add the small additions of the BRZ. Mainly the heated side mirrors, courtesy lights in the door, and vanity mirror illumination. I know these sound petty and they are but they almost seal the deal for me in comparing the BRZ and FR-S. Sure I could buy the courtesy lights and BRZ vanity mirrors but then I have to wire them too. And as far as I know there is a DIY thread on getting heated mirrors but no official solution has been figured out just yet. I know I sound like a hater and I swear I am not trying to be. I mean to be fair what I hate most is how I feel like no matter what version I get I lose. Get a BRZ and lose the camel interior and nice subtle body kit. Get an FR-S and lose the STI goodies that fit the BRZ so well (exhaust, springs, aero kit, etc.)