Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northern California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Two traffic citations in 1 1/2 months for Window Tint, California (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46735)

ein311 09-15-2013 02:14 AM

So... You're mad you get a second fix it because you got caught a second time. Yea, I had a busted headlight once and got stopped twice in one night. I was let off with a warning the second time. If I drove for a week without fixing it I'd expect another ticket.

Willfully tinting your car illegally and showing a cop you got stopped already and are delaying removing the infraction is not going to get you a cop's sympathy. Deal with it.

And you're acting like a child about this, by the way.

Sent from my HTC One

Tim_Asphalt_FRS 09-15-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzajuve (Post 1212913)
Tim, that is a great idea! Let me know if you want to try and get one going. I have a few friends who are attorneys so I can ask them how we go about something like that. I think it should be lowered from 70% (current) to 35% or something close to 35%. Here is an example of minimum tint % in surrounding states:

Oregon - Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Nevada - Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Arizona - Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 33% of light in.
Washington (just for the heck of it) - Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 35% of light in.

Meanwhile in California: Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 70% of light in.

Ask them how we can start this? I don't have any clue where to begin. I'd be fine if we were 35% like all the rest of the states in the west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

forzajuve 09-15-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

And you're acting like a child about this, by the way.
Interesting because that sounds like something a child would say. Your comment is completely non-constructive and juvenile. Again, please learn to read. You are like the fifth person who has very low reading comprehension, which is proven by your post. Get better.

forzajuve 09-15-2013 02:27 AM

Sounds good I will add you to contacts. I will also ask them this coming week and see what requirements have to bet met, etc.

Tim_Asphalt_FRS 09-15-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ein311 (Post 1212948)
And you're acting like a child about this, by the way

Ignorant and uninformed citizens are what governments love. It allows them to tax us out the ass, take away our rights and no one cares. The attitude of "The government must know better than me" gets us all screwed.

"Man is not free unless government is limited" -Ronald Reagan

BANGER 09-15-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim_Asphalt_FRS (Post 1212962)
Ignorant and uninformed citizens are what governments love. It allows them to tax us out the ass, take away our rights and no one cares. The attitude of "The government must know better than me" gets us all screwed.

"Man is not free unless government is limited" -Ronald Reagan

Sadly that proposed tint repeal thing probably won't work here. CA is one of the worst--if not, the worst--cop/govt suckers in the entire country.
As a law abiding gun owner, I'm tired out the ass by it. And I'm about to get hit by some new laws that just got signed so I'm even more frustrated.
Repeal tint? Er mah gerd, won't anyone think of the children/women/valiant police?!
Doubt it'll work the first time. But you gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, gah, I have a feeling I shouldn't have posted, but I couldn't resist. The first one with the crapton of Thanks and the second one, and then yours, is making this thread turn into a slippery slope...

ein311 09-15-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzajuve (Post 1212959)
Interesting because that sounds like something a child would say. Your comment is completely non-constructive and juvenile. Again, please learn to read. You are like the fifth person who has very low reading comprehension, which is proven by your post. Get better.

You should probably work on getting that illegal tint removed rather than try to justify your outrage.

When you admit to a cop you've already been cited and get another fix it, you really shouldn't be surprised. Like others have said--get it fixed and the second citation will drop. It's not a big deal.

Sure you can disagree with a law and you're free to try and change the laws, but until then you're going to be held to comply. If you don't like it, move.

Seeing this as me thinking the government knows best really proves your maturity. Good job, fellas.

Sent from my HTC One

forzajuve 09-15-2013 02:36 AM

You do make a good point, but nonetheless we have got to try and see how far we can take it. And IF we can also find police officers who sign it that would be even stronger.

Tim_Asphalt_FRS 09-15-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANGER (Post 1212967)
Sadly that proposed tint repeal thing probably won't work here. CA is one of the worst--if not, the worst--cop/govt suckers in the entire country.
As a law abiding gun owner, I'm tired out the ass by it. And I'm about to get hit by some new laws that just got signed so I'm even more frustrated.
Repeal tint? Er mah gerd, won't anyone think of the children/women/valiant police?!
Doubt it'll work the first time. But you gotta start somewhere.

Anyway, gah, I have a feeling I shouldn't have posted, but I couldn't resist. The first one with the crapton of Thanks and the second one, and then yours, is making this thread turn into a slippery slope...

I agree. I don't own a gun, but I would like to. It sucks for everyone. Even something as small as window tint is annoying. Why do they get to choose for me? Me having tint hurts no one.

BANGER 09-15-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ein311 (Post 1212969)
Sure you can disagree with a law and you're free to try and change the laws, but until then you're going to be held to comply. If you don't like it, move.

Agree with the first part, but I wouldn't move.
I'd stay and vote out the idiots that legislate this garbage, and make effort toward the cause.
Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Cancer spreads.
Before I know it, the state I moved to will start legislating the same crap.

Unfortunately tints are one of those laws that may be hard to start any discussion about. The laws are really stupid, but it's also too mundane a topic to get any passionate movement/support going about.

forzajuve 09-15-2013 02:42 AM

Right but you seem to miss an important point, which is in your most recent post above - it has already been established. Please see below,

In my first post I literally ended with,
Quote:

At the moment I think tint is obviously more trouble than it is worth (at least in CA). Most likely I will buy a cheap steamer, and remove the tint which is far cheaper than paying TWO $220 tickets, which would close both cases. Please respond and share if you have had any similar unjust experiences. No flaming please.
and started with:

Quote:

I want to start off by saying that I realize tinting my windows to 20% is asking for attention in California but I nonetheless wanted to briefly share my experiences in the past two months.
All I am doing is sharing, explaining and conversing with forum members. Sure there is a little complaining but I do not believe I am taking it too far. Perhaps I am posting things "out loud" that a lot of people are thinking or have on their minds.

Fortunately, a forum member (Tim) proposed a great idea of a petition, which I think is a great start. Perhaps it will go nowhere, but it doesn't hurt to try. Moving out does not solve the problem/issue - it only avoids it and potentially prolongs it. Now if you want to move out of state to avoid State Income tax, that is a different story, but to move for tint? I'd rather stay and challenge!

ein311 09-15-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANGER (Post 1212974)
Agree with the first part, but I wouldn't move.
I'd stay and vote out the idiots that legislate this garbage, and make effort toward the cause.
Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Cancer spreads.
Before I know it, the state I moved to will start legislating the same crap.

I'm dealing with the new gun laws personally and while I wouldn't move because of it, it's certainly something I've been very vocal about.
So while I'll remain in compliance with the laws, I'll continue to show my disapproval.

And OP--that's what I was getting at to begin with. When you're hit with a fix it you don't get a free pass to break the law until the court date or whatever. It sucks you got hit with a second ticket, but it's within the officer's power. As someone that has worked with local PD and sheriff for years, I know some of the cop mentality and they'll see this as you just scoffing at authority.
But I am with you about the tint laws. I lived in Arizona for a year and absolutely had to get tint on all my windows.
Up north I don't think the weather really gets hot enough to warrant Window tinting, but in the Central Valley where I am and in socal the weather gets damn hot. I'd definitely have tint all the way around if it were legal, but I chose not to take the tinting gamble. If there's progress with getting tint laws changed I'll be there with you.

Sent from my HTC One

suaveflooder 09-15-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ein311 (Post 1212983)
I'm dealing with the new gun laws personally and while I wouldn't move because of it, it's certainly something I've been very vocal about.
So while I'll remain in compliance with the laws, I'll continue to show my disapproval.

And OP--that's what I was getting at to begin with. When you're hit with a fix it you don't get a free pass to break the law until the court date or whatever. It sucks you got hit with a second ticket, but it's within the officer's power. As someone that has worked with local PD and sheriff for years, I know some of the cop mentality and they'll see this as you just scoffing at authority.
But I am with you about the tint laws. I lived in Arizona for a year and absolutely had to get tint on all my windows.
Up north I don't think the weather really gets hot enough to warrant Window tinting, but in the Central Valley where I am and in socal the weather gets damn hot. I'd definitely have tint all the way around if it were legal, but I chose not to take the tinting gamble. If there's progress with getting tint laws changed I'll be there with you.

Sent from my HTC One

Wanna sign off on my ticket?? :thumbup:

forzajuve 09-15-2013 02:54 AM

Thanks man, I appreciate it. And with regard to
Quote:

As someone that has worked with local PD and sheriff for years, I know some of the cop mentality and they'll see this as you just scoffing at authority.
I understand that from their perspective it will come off that way, but because I spoke with both my uncles who are police officers and they said they themselves have never stopped anyone for tints or even no front plates made me more optimistic (which obviously did not work out in my favor) bonk! :bonk: