Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   AT downshift issue (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88758)

SeanD06 07-15-2015 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN (Post 2320790)
Its an imgur link not sure where your issue is arising from

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Perfect! it wasnt working on my computer but on my phone its working! Thanks a lot!

Bergen23 07-15-2015 10:12 AM

Dropping my car off at the dealership on Thursday for a tech to come and take a look at the car. Hopefully this gets resolved for me

FRSBRZGT86FAN 07-15-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergen23 (Post 2321893)
Dropping my car off at the dealership on Thursday for a tech to come and take a look at the car. Hopefully this gets resolved for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanD06 (Post 2321858)
Perfect! it wasnt working on my computer but on my phone its working! Thanks a lot!

Best of luck for me t appears the problem returned but this time it's way more reproducible ie leaving it in drive for a awhile then deciding to go manual mode starts the issue and it doesn't stop till the car restarts I think this is a major widespread issue. When I go in for the first oil change I'll bring it up

Bergen23 07-15-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN (Post 2321899)
Best of luck for me t appears the problem returned but this time it's way more reproducible ie leaving it in drive for a awhile then deciding to go manual mode starts the issue and it doesn't stop till the car restarts I think this is a major widespread issue. When I go in for the first oil change I'll bring it up

That's how mine has been all along. Although it doesn't always show up.

I just really, really hope the fact that I have a tune isn't going to fuck me over here.

drewbot 07-15-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergen23 (Post 2321902)

I just really, really hope the fact that I have a tune isn't going to fuck me over here.

Would be a D move by Guelph Scion, considering the OFT can't even access the TCM

FRSBRZGT86FAN 07-15-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergen23 (Post 2321902)

Flash to stock beforehand ASAP, I don't think oft does anything to the transmission tune, and this issue was prevalent way before it. I think they might be a **** and say it does

Bergen23 07-15-2015 10:22 AM

@drewbot yep, but we'll see I guess. Worst case I'll get someone at the dealership to flash me back to stock.
@FRSBRZGT86FAN easier said than done when I'm 3800km away from my car. Don't exactly trust my parents to get that done either.

Edit: but really, if I get told no because of the tune, that kind of just solidifies me moving away from this car. Couple things have made me quite unhappy with the "scion experience" and I'll probably just trade my car once it's 75% Or more paid off. Funny how they encourage modding, track days, etc with this car, but then deny you warranty work when you do have aftermarket stuff.

FRSBRZGT86FAN 07-15-2015 10:24 AM

Someone should try installing a new TCM off eBay I feel that's where the issue lies

FRSBRZGT86FAN 07-15-2015 11:57 AM

Ordered a TCM off eBay I'll be installing it myself it's from a car with actually mileage and reliability instead of new with possible issues from factory

Bergen23 07-27-2015 06:22 PM

So an update from the dealership today (take this with a grain of salt, this is my salesman telling me what the service department said):

They reflashed the ecu a couple times, that still didn't fix it, and they did a few things that Toyota asked them to do and still no fix. They said they ordered a new ECU (maybe meant TCM, whatever) and hopefully that'll be the fix I'm looking for. I'm assuming that since they didn't get in touch with me that it's all being covered under warranty, so the aftermarket stuff is not big deal. Pretty pumped that hopefully my shifting woes will be gone.

Although, after all of this, I'm thinking that once I have the car ~75% paid off, I'll be trading in for an MT given that this isn't a daily driver, and my ankle won't be an issue as long as I'm not stuck in rush hour, which I shouldn't be with a weekend car.

FRSBRZGT86FAN 07-27-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergen23 (Post 2336842)
So an update from the dealership today (take this with a grain of salt, this is my salesman telling me what the service department said):

They reflashed the ecu a couple times, that still didn't fix it, and they did a few things that Toyota asked them to do and still no fix. They said they ordered a new ECU (maybe meant TCM, whatever) and hopefully that'll be the fix I'm looking for. I'm assuming that since they didn't get in touch with me that it's all being covered under warranty, so the aftermarket stuff is not big deal. Pretty pumped that hopefully my shifting woes will be gone.

Although, after all of this, I'm thinking that once I have the car ~75% paid off, I'll be trading in for an MT given that this isn't a daily driver, and my ankle won't be an issue as long as I'm not stuck in rush hour, which I shouldn't be with a weekend car.

Way to go nice tenacity

FRSBRZGT86FAN 07-28-2015 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bergen23 (Post 2336842)

Also remember to tell us how it goes, I'm really interested in whether or not they will replace the ECU or TCM and whether or not that kills this issue, maybe several of us got a bad batch. But also I looked over my receipt again I don't think they actually replaced anything but rather reseated some cables

Bergen23 07-28-2015 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN (Post 2337347)
Also remember to tell us how it goes, I'm really interested in whether or not they will replace the ECU or TCM and whether or not that kills this issue, maybe several of us got a bad batch. But also I looked over my receipt again I don't think they actually replaced anything but rather reseated some cables

I'm looking forward to seeing if it fixes anything. Usually on my hour or so drive to pick up the girlfriend and drive back home the problem arises. If it doesn't do it then, I'm sure it'll happen when I go to the US in a couple weekends, providing the problem isn't fixed. I'm just really happy that something is happening, glad I pushed the issue and provided some video evidence.

Bergen23 07-31-2015 05:27 PM

Got a call from the dealership about an hour ago. Car is ready to be picked up. I'll be grabbing it tomorrow first thing in the morning, and taking a 2 hour drive up north, so we will see if the shifting issue is fixed or not.