Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   (GR86) Second Generation FR-S/BRZ insider info... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138241)

MJones_RB 12-26-2019 01:20 PM

I wonder if BMW's B48 (from the 330i) would fit in the new 86? Maybe too tall?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...um_2018-06.jpg

Dave-ROR 12-26-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RZNT4R (Post 3285602)
Aftermarket design constraints aren't the same as manufacturer design constraints.

Neither is a 2and gen design the same as the first gen. If they intend for it to be turbo, which I doubt but who knows, they can easily design it to accommodate that.

KR-S 12-26-2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordanwolf (Post 3285770)
Can he tell me anything about BOTW2... I NEED TO KNOW.

First, I use to be pretty active on this form back when I owned the very last year FR-S (The best car I ever owned), but since I've had to move on to the Toyota badges. Miss you all

However, I'm visiting my uncle who's worked at Nintendo of America/headquarters for 35 years. Not sure if this information has been talked about, but he has informed me on the following regarding the second Breath of the Wild

-He has seen early renders and said they look incredible
- The engine will be borrowed the current BOTW (HD engine with Havok physics)
- however will be bumped up to 4K (vs HD in the BOTW)
-The Next-Gen Version will be the only one that will have optional DLC. Unknown if the Switch will offer later

I'll try and get more info out of my family member. But thoughts? Has this info already been discovered or discussed?

Sent from my BowlSchmidt 3 using Tapatalk

KR-S 12-26-2019 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzyj (Post 3285927)
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who works in an ad agency that’s trying to generate clickbait, who say the new 86 is gonna be turbocharged _and_ supercharged, with a V8.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEVaXyu0lWc[/ame]

J1Avs 12-26-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RZNT4R (Post 3285525)
Guys.

Have you looked at where the turbo is mounted on the F engines? Unless they develop a whole new turbocharger setup to mount it where it used to be on the EJs or push the engine far back enough to mount it in front, there isn't going to be a turbo in this car, it's way too tall of a setup for the car's design criteria.

PTuning's Turbo Kit is a rear lower mount, not a up front mount like the rest of the kits on the market.

ThaBigUnit 12-27-2019 10:29 AM

For those who doubt, Feel free to send me venmo payments when my information is correct [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tcoat 12-27-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaBigUnit (Post 3286132)
For those who doubt, Feel free to send me venmo payments when my information is correct [emoji41]

It is still hilarious that you think "your" info is any different than the rubbish that has come out of the clickbait sites for the last two years. Maybe you should look back at many of the other threads and see you are in no way unique or even first (by at least a year) in your predictions.

Spuds 12-27-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KR-S 86 (Post 3286014)
First, I use to be pretty active on this form back when I owned the very last year FR-S (The best car I ever owned), but since I've had to move on to the Toyota badges. Miss you all

However, I'm visiting my uncle who's worked at Nintendo of America/headquarters for 35 years. Not sure if this information has been talked about, but he has informed me on the following regarding the second Breath of the Wild

-He has seen early renders and said they look incredible
- The engine will be borrowed the current BOTW (HD engine with Havok physics)
- however will be bumped up to 4K (vs HD in the BOTW)
-The Next-Gen Version will be the only one that will have optional DLC. Unknown if the Switch will offer later

I'll try and get more info out of my family member. But thoughts? Has this info already been discovered or discussed?

Sent from my BowlSchmidt 3 using Tapatalk

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Dave-ROR 12-27-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Like TCoat pointed out, your "secret info" is the same "secret info" that has been being published for awhile now. I could have made the same post with an imaginary Toyota employee family contact (not saying you are lying about that but that I COULD have) and provided literally the same information. I would just have to go read any clickbait auto "news" site to get the info. The Ascent engine rumor has been out for a year now? The 280hp is extremely unlikely given historic goals for this platform. It would not make sense in either Toyota's nor Subaru's lineup. And only Subaru would qualify for that 280hp for now.

This is like 2010/2011 all over again. Can't wait to see you create your "I'm disappointed in the HP of the 2nd gen BRZ/86" thread.

Jordanwolf 12-27-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR (Post 3286167)
Like TCoat pointed out, your "secret info" is the same "secret info" that has been being published for awhile now. I could have made the same post with an imaginary Toyota employee family contact (not saying you are lying about that but that I COULD have) and provided literally the same information. I would just have to go read any clickbait auto "news" site to get the info. The Ascent engine rumor has been out for a year now? The 280hp is extremely unlikely given historic goals for this platform. It would not make sense in either Toyota's nor Subaru's lineup. And only Subaru would qualify for that 280hp for now.

This is like 2010/2011 all over again. Can't wait to see you create your "I'm disappointed in the HP of the 2nd gen BRZ/86" thread.

Well a BRZ/86 in general doesn't make sense in the Subaru lineup. A 2DR WRX should've been more likely to happen than the BRZ, but here we are.

PulsarBeeerz 12-27-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJones_RB (Post 3285992)
I wonder if BMW's B48 (from the 330i) would fit in the new 86? Maybe too tall?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...um_2018-06.jpg

Why, when Toyota already makes their own 2.0l turbo, the 8AR-FTS.:)

PulsarBeeerz 12-27-2019 03:08 PM

The last clickbait source I saw mentioned a NA FA24 with 94x86mm stroke to bore and 220ps/24.5 kgm. Since they have said over and over no FI, this seem likely. Hopefully they keep D4-S. :iono:

Ryūkotsusei 12-27-2019 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaBigUnit (Post 3284875)
Here's your quote Tada in Motor1 as you requested to see.

Not sure why you're so upset. I'm simply informing this group of the information that was passed on to me that no one has heard of. It's coming straight from a Toyota Corporate employee with 35 years experience, who has direct communication with the team who's building the next gen 86. Take the information as you will. But come back and apologize when I'm right. Cheers

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...165ff84025.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Veloist (Post 3285928)

Moto Miwa did imply a change of focus and team in the same Facebook thread. Also, Toyota's bigger budget and Subaru has more say this time.

PetrolioBenzina 12-27-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

LOL. I think that should be the other way 'round. 20 bucks to every poster in this thread should do it when your insider BS turns out to be BS.