Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Amuse R1Titan Extra STTI/R1000-No.2 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70140)

Jason@DSG 07-25-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ofaKind (Post 1860355)
Update: exhaust is on with front pipe, will post pictures tomorrow!

Patiently waiting :)

Also, you don't have to justify anything, you pay for what you get in this industry and I completely understand why you'd opt for something like this. Amuse is incredible, just look at that thing!

Pretty excited to see what it'll sound like when we get the extension (aka overpipe) on there too

Jason@DSG 07-25-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kosoku (Post 1860304)
I'm starting to think you don't have the exhaust.

Only reason I say that is because anyone who would have it would have had it installed by now (waiting on a front pipe or not).

:)

I can vouch that he indeed has this exhaust haha

Model Citizen 07-26-2014 11:23 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/amdkf.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

edeekeos 07-26-2014 11:46 AM

Haha!

Amuse fan 07-28-2014 09:35 PM

I ordered the same amuse exhaust and front pipe. There are some issues listed below...

1. The amuse front pipe does not fit the OEM over pipe. I had to modify the heat shield of the OEM over pipe to fit in the amuse front pipe.

2. The diameter of the amuse gasket is a lot bigger than the diameter of the OEM over pipe. Do I use the OEM gasket instead though its diameter is a bit smaller than amuse front pipe? Or do I use amuse gasket anyway? My technician suggests that there can be a leak from using the amuse gasket.

3. The amuse exhaust mid pipe sits on the rear control arm axel, and I had to mismatch the flanges in order to have a 2-3 mm clearance. The whole exhaust seems a bit short. Not sure if an amuse over pipe will solve the problems.

Not sure if you have the same problems with your one?

Timmy_Jones 07-28-2014 09:57 PM

Why did you paint your exhaust tips blue? They look so silly. I figured spending 10 grand on an exhaust you would at least get stainless steel, that's weird.

nor cal frs 07-29-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones (Post 1870295)
Why did you paint your exhaust tips blue? They look so silly. I figured spending 10 grand on an exhaust you would at least get stainless steel, that's weird.

They aren't painted fyi. They are burnt titanium. This is a full blown race exhaust that's the lightest exhaust for the twins. Super high quality

Timmy_Jones 07-30-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nor cal frs (Post 1871897)
They aren't painted fyi. They are burnt titanium. This is a full blown race exhaust that's the lightest exhaust for the twins. Super high quality

I embedded sarcasm with a serious question....should have been more clear.

My question is; why would anyone want blue exhaust tips? It is not as if your stock twin threw flames out the back and discolored them. I just don't understand why on a nice car, spending way too much money on an exhaust and the tips are blue.

I honestly googled it and could only find results on how to make my exhaust tips blue, not why people want them to be blue. Is this so it appears that your exhaust handles very high temperatures?

MrBlaze-65 07-30-2014 11:37 AM

they do it to the tips of the one:1 as well
[ame="http://youtu.be/Dw6cs7opvzA"]http://youtu.be/Dw6cs7opvzA[/ame]

1ofaKind 07-30-2014 12:24 PM

Waiting to get back from vaca to post a video, thanks for waiting.

nor cal frs 07-31-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones (Post 1873189)
I embedded sarcasm with a serious question....should have been more clear.

My question is; why would anyone want blue exhaust tips? It is not as if your stock twin threw flames out the back and discolored them. I just don't understand why on a nice car, spending way too much money on an exhaust and the tips are blue.

I honestly googled it and could only find results on how to make my exhaust tips blue, not why people want them to be blue. Is this so it appears that your exhaust handles very high temperatures?

1 it's a jdm thing. 2 amuse power house ties to make master pieces when it comes to race parts so burning the tips is for looks/ to prove the exhaust is titanium or legit. Don't want any knock off parts goin around since that's popular now a days...

illmatic 07-31-2014 01:16 AM

It's a designer exhaust.

Timmy_Jones 07-31-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nor cal frs (Post 1874692)
1 it's a jdm thing. 2 amuse power house ties to make master pieces when it comes to race parts so burning the tips is for looks/ to prove the exhaust is titanium or legit. Don't want any knock off parts goin around since that's popular now a days...

As silly as I think it looks, I appreciate clearing that up, I had absolutely no idea why anyone would want blue tips. So it literally is to prove you have a good, titanium system? Crazy.

Bunch of people online have write-ups on how to do this with stainless as well.

As much as I dislike the blue coloring, it figures that it has fallen victim to cheap impersonations. Every $30 muffler on eBay can be purchased with a blue tip now.

nor cal frs 07-31-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones (Post 1874973)
As silly as I think it looks, I appreciate clearing that up, I had absolutely no idea why anyone would want blue tips. So it literally is to prove you have a good, titanium system? Crazy.

Bunch of people online have write-ups on how to do this with stainless as well.

As much as I dislike the blue coloring, it figures that it has fallen victim to cheap impersonations. Every $30 muffler on eBay can be purchased with a blue tip now.

Look up amuse power house. They are all about building high quality parts for gtr supra 370z's rx7 and s2000 to name a few. They play with alot of different cars but they are super high end I believe they are worth every penny and I give props to 1ofakind for that!