Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   People's Reaction to Your New FR-S (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6559)

FR-S/GT-86 06-03-2012 09:16 PM

I had a couple of younger guys pull over to check it out on my street, and a group of 6 Porsche that were out for a Sunday ride (they were PCA members) who asked me to pull over so that they could all check it out. That was pretty cool... most of them were driving air-cooled 993's...

chate 06-03-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liquidsnake (Post 239105)
I had one guy whip out his phone to video me driving by.
I had one guy in an Audi S4 grab his friend and mouth holy shit.
I had the owner of a sushi restaurant I frequent go ape shit over the car.
I had a Porche Turbo burn out next to me at a green light when his girl was gauking.

Many more head turns. The usual.
Attention aside, I have never enjoyed driving a car more in my life. Its hard to decribe. I have owned a Jaguar, a G35, a 370z; and I have never loved them like I love this car.

Some of you may understand this, but the only time I have felt like this was when I was 17 and I got in the RX7 for the first time. It was a feeling of "my god this car is different" I am not talking about speed, I am talking about the feel of the car. Pure cerebral fuckin bliss.

This.

LeavingNormal 06-03-2012 09:30 PM

First day of having it i got props from one guy driving down the street i got a big thumbs up. Further down the street i had a GTR honk at me. Day after i was out to lunch with friends and a few guys pulled up next to me asking the specs of the car. Had a GTR follow me yesterday on the PCH to check it out couple people inside check seemed to dig it. Which is funny cuz I look at the GTR's the same way lol i love those things. And today when i was out to lunch i had a guy follow me and park next to me just to check it out, haha he complimented me and asked me about it a bit then left. I love this damn car!

MVJ1975 06-03-2012 09:39 PM

Not a whole lot of attention, which is fine by me. The only incident I had was a pair of guys in a Ford Focus who spent so much time ogling my FR-S they almost missed their green turn signal.

kanundrum 06-03-2012 09:42 PM

Went to Autocrossing. As soon as I pulled in about half the autocross crowd (workers included) which was about 30 people or so flooded over to the car and shoved me out of the way (jking) but yea they were on my car like members of a forum on a female poster!

Then sitting in traffic about 5 or 6 people have asked me what car is that, it looks beautiful.

MTTS3sgte 06-03-2012 10:47 PM

I don't own one but from a perspective of an auto enthusiast I had one tail me. I was at a stop light in my 1991 MR2, had a white BRZ pull up next to me revving.

I had my windows down and the guy had a passenger(female) in his BRZ. He shouted over to me "who do you think is faster." I laughed and said "You are!" He smiled and said "you think so?!" I just shrugged and kind of smirked and replied "I don't know I guess we could see." He simply laughed and I told him I would give him a head start.

He proceeded to rev quite a bit and him and the girl looked thrilled. He punched it on green and I proceeded to fly past. He caught up to me at the next light and said "Holy shit, that is insane. What's done to your car?!" I said "about an extra 120whp on you at least and a good deal of torque, full bolt on Revision 3 turbo and currently sitting at nearly 320whp(245hp factory).

It was a good time and I liked the BRZ, definitely has a good road presence. I guess I'm one of those who likes more power. I would like one if it had more go fast, but I don't think i'd sell my mr2 for one.

Illusive 06-03-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Eightsix (Post 218059)
That same evening my friends and I headed out to Life Plaza in Puente Hills

When I lived out in CA, I used to go to the arcade in life plaza to play initial D. Used to be some pretty good boba there too.

I actually had my 2nd celica engine blow (oil pump failed) right at the underpass at the 60 fwy/fullerton on the way there.

I've driven our FR-S about 250 of the 750 or so miles on the odo, and I occasionally get weird looks, had a few thumbs up from a 04-05 sti and an evo 9. Had a g35 coupe try to get me to pull over to check out the car.

Out at the track, we had someone come up and say we should put a big block v8 in the car, which resulted in an epic double facepalm (boosted and I both facepalmed)

Fish 06-03-2012 11:07 PM

As soon as I entered Vegas on the 15 an STI pulled up next to me and he gave me a thumbs up. On the way back, I parked at the Jack in the Box in Barstow and someone pulled up next to me to ask what the car was. He'd never heard of it. He was genuinely excited when I told him it had a Subaru boxer engine and was RWD.

kmbkk 06-03-2012 11:34 PM

I had a guy in an RSX taking pics I my car on the way home from work Friday.

alyon 06-04-2012 12:24 AM

Quite a few head turns. A few people out in front of coffee shops asking about it.

First day I had an M3 play cat and mouse. Obviously I was a bit of a slow mouse.

Hawaiian 06-04-2012 01:07 AM

first off, I had a guy in a "tuned" tc swerve 3 lanes to check me out and take pictures.

Later that day I took the girlfriend out for dinner. After coming home and parking there was a "kid" on a bike that chased me down. As he rolled past slowly gawking I commented he was checking the car out. My girlfriend insisted he was checking her out.

10 seconds later he looped back saying "you got the car already?". She could only facepalm at that point.

Finally I was parked at night by a grocery store. My car was off so you couldn't see inside. A guy in an a4 pulled up and the driver started walking around my car. When I opened my door to greet him he jumped and apologized. I laughed and told him to get in. I ripped around the parking lot and talked to him about the FR-S. I also directed him to this site.

Drpepperrules 06-05-2012 01:41 AM

I always find someone checking out my Whiteout FR-S whenever i get back to my car. But my favorite reaction is on my first day of taking it out. I was on my way to work when a guy and his wife pulled up next to me on their Audi s5, rolled down his window, gave me two thumbs up, and asked if I wanted to trade for a day. Hahahaha made my day!

kanundrum 06-05-2012 01:45 AM

Driving around NYC got looks everywhere with lots of thumbs up lol

Pscylo 06-05-2012 04:16 AM

Have had several experiences in the last week with random ppl taking pics and rolling up along side then slowing back down. Alot of other Scion drivers.

Today a 370 with some horrid carbon fauxber wrap with wrinkles in his rear bumper pulled beside me then looked in my rear view at the light and he was taking pictures with his iPhone. Made me chuckle.