Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Jackson Racing Supercharger Owners Thread (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60172)

max20s14 06-19-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnP19 (Post 3100564)
This my setup. Is reliable. Is safe. Do recommend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What tune are you running?

ShawnP19 06-19-2018 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max20s14 (Post 3100565)
What tune are you running?

Custom from Delicious Tuning

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mrg666 06-19-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max20s14 (Post 3100557)
if you run the supplied tune with castles headers does that cause issues?

Catless header will probably cause CEL. You generally need special tune for an aftermarket header to take advantage of the performance benefits. I would stick with the stock header with JR carb tune which is an excellent tune anyway for the stock engine.

Anderzz 06-20-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max20s14 (Post 3100556)
How safe do you guys reckon the c38 on a stock pulley and stock block with uel headers on 93 is?

Have a lot of people wrecked their rods on that setup?

I wanna do it but I might blow that money on a daily first

Thats what I run but with an EL head. On a 'high mileage' block too, no issues whatsoever

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

teetsdownlow 06-26-2018 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teetsdownlow (Post 3087282)
I have a question I feel like is going to be difficult to explain and even harder to answer.

Just bought an auto 15 frs with 68k miles through auction. 1 owner and in pretty good condition. I would have to imagine around 25-30K on the supercharger

Problem I had when I was driving home was that in 2nd gear usually the car once it reaches 2.8k-3k rpm it acts like a fuel cut or compressor surge. I noticed that my belt was missing a complete rib all the way around. My new belt should be here tomorrow so I'll know if that was it. Any other ideas on what it could be? I'll replace the belt tomorrow and figure out how to upload a youtube video if it keeps up tomorrow

Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by teetsdownlow (Post 3087578)
I don't have a cable to do a log unfortunately. The PO didn't include the cable when he traded it in to the dealer. I'm taking it to the racers line up in Concord CA if it's tune related. Hopefully they can tell me if it's a JRSC carb tune or some off the shelf tune that went bad. I previously wanted flex fuel but I'd rather get this sorted out before I have him install the kit. I'll see if he can save some logs so I can post them. I ran out of time yesterday to take it for a drive so I'll try today. Hopefully something simple like a belt slip from running 1 less rib on the belt

I did forget to mention. If I'm in D mode, with or without sport or traction mode engaged it does it more frequently. Usually in 2nd gear. Anything less than 50-60% tps (I'm assuming) it seems to do it. It'll pull like normal but once it hits 3k in 2nd gear it just bounces off 3k until I take my foot off the pedal for a second then give it gas and it pulls like normal through the entire power band.

I'm not sure what information ECUTEK shows, trans values, etc but once I figure out what's causing this I'll be sure to report back with logs

Thanks again

Wanted to touch base on these posts I made. I ended up taking it to TRL to have some inserts installed as well as a new tune/FF kit.

I want to say I'm not 100% positive but I believe a tune fixed the problem. Seems to run flawless at any point of the RPM band after a new FNG from delicious

CSG Mike 06-26-2018 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teetsdownlow (Post 3103535)
Wanted to touch base on these posts I made. I ended up taking it to TRL to have some inserts installed as well as a new tune/FF kit.

I want to say I'm not 100% positive but I believe a tune fixed the problem. Seems to run flawless at any point of the RPM band after a new FNG from delicious

Sounds like you just needed an updated tune with the MAF/SD crossover smoothed out.

AndreC 06-26-2018 10:22 PM

Anyone running water/meth with their kit?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

BURRRZ 07-03-2018 05:16 PM

2013 Subaru BRZ with Jackson Supercharger Noise

Hey guys, hope your all doing good! I'm new around here and I just bought a new to me 2013 Subaru BRZ with 30K miles. I'm loving the car so far. But I am having a bit of an issue/worry. The Jackson Racing C38 supercharger is making a fairly loud whining noise. I had the car looked at by a shop that have personally installed Jackson Superchargers before and they claim that it's fine. As time goes on however, I would really like to get some opinions from you guys who have them specifically on your motors. The kit has only been on for about 15k miles and a little under 2 years. I am planning on changing the oil soon and see if that helps since it's part of the maintenance for it. The belt seems ok and it seems to operate properly in the sense of making power and what not. It has a Delicious Tune as well. The only real worry for me is the noise in the clip. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm completely new to superchargers, I've only ever had turbos on past cars. So forgive me if this is a newbie question. I just only remember roots style superchargers making a lot of noise. Thanks guys! Glad to be in the community!

https://youtu.be/_oOy8JLM1YA

CSG Mike 07-03-2018 05:37 PM

Video is low quality, but sounds normal to me.

AndreC 07-03-2018 05:59 PM

Yeah, same here, sounds perfectly fine.

So no one has any experience with water/meth kits? I don't have easy access to E85 anymore, which is why I'm considering it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

idkwhatimdoing 07-03-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BURRRZ (Post 3106143)
Hey guys, hope your all doing good! I'm new around here and I just bought a new to me 2013 Subaru BRZ with 30K miles. I'm loving the car so far. But I am having a bit of an issue/worry. The Jackson Racing C38 supercharger is making a fairly loud whining noise. I had the car looked at by a shop that have personally installed Jackson Superchargers before and they claim that it's fine. As time goes on however, I would really like to get some opinions from you guys who have them specifically on your motors. The kit has only been on for about 15k miles and a little under 2 years. I am planning on changing the oil soon and see if that helps since it's part of the maintenance for it. The belt seems ok and it seems to operate properly in the sense of making power and what not. It has a Delicious Tune as well. The only real worry for me is the noise in the clip. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm completely new to superchargers, I've only ever had turbos on past cars. So forgive me if this is a newbie question. I just only remember roots style superchargers making a lot of noise. Thanks guys! Glad to be in the community!

https://youtu.be/_oOy8JLM1YA

These units are pretty loud at idle, the Rotrex dev manual says you’ll get a shrill suction noise with an open element filter (such as the K&N one provided by JR). It’s normal. Mine sounds the same, but I didn’t hear whining in the video.

________

~refer to username~

JBezugs 07-03-2018 06:33 PM

Considering whether or not I should pick up ACE A350's and a tune or just wait a little bit and save up for a C38 kit once the CARB tune is available on my 2017.

Anyone have issues with the kit on the CARB tune for a daily? I'd love more power but want to do it reliably as possible. Are there any considerations to be made when winter driving in cold temperatures with the JRSC, from an oiling perspective or otherwise? (Temps can hit as low as -25°C in the winter in the GTA).

BayBRZ 07-03-2018 06:58 PM

Buying a used C30 kit - what to look out for? Any way to verify the kit is complete (is there a comprehensive parts list?)

I can't seem to find one in the manual

CSG Mike 07-03-2018 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BayBRZ (Post 3106188)
Buying a used C30 kit - what to look out for? Any way to verify the kit is complete (is there a comprehensive parts list?)

I can't seem to find one in the manual

Have an experienced shop inspect it for you.