Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Tomei EL and UEL Headers Teaser! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65518)

zdr93523 05-10-2014 11:20 PM

Correct, but I asked 3 or 4 times and made sure that they said $750. And it really seemed like that price was pretty solid.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

fooddude 05-11-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zdr93523 (Post 1728899)
Correct, but I asked 3 or 4 times and made sure that they said $750. And it really seemed like that price was pretty solid.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

How much are Tomei headers for other make/model cars? I think that would be the best guesstimate.

whataboutbob 05-11-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fooddude (Post 1728286)
Whoah! ...and only $750?! ...even cheaper than domestic/US headers! I think I'd choose these over the other US (but beautiful) headers like ft86sf, nameless, ppe, jdl, etc.. but only because the price ($750!? lol).

Btw...what's that pipe over the UEL? ...is that a muffler delete pipe?? ...or, is it even a crazier header-straight pipe that attaches to the header and dumps the exhaust gasses to the side of the car??? ...haha..kinda looks like it by the long length and also big angle. It's tomei, so I wouldn't be surprised if it really was a header-straight pipe. They are afterall pretty hardcore.

Lastly, what is the "joint pipe"? It looks like part of the OP, but it is much longer.

I got the PPE EL header and over pipe ceramic coated inside and out shipped for $850...

JimmyMac 05-11-2014 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fooddude (Post 1728939)
How much are Tomei headers for other make/model cars? I think that would be the best guesstimate.

About the same. Just Google it.

fooddude 05-11-2014 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyMac (Post 1728960)
About the same. Just Google it.

Wow..subaru tomei header for $711?! lol

I guess we'd maybe already have estimates to what they are capable of, since they've been out for a minute for the wrx's and such.

The decision will be what your want to sound like - a boxer or a honda/evo. ...I think I'd choose boxer..because porsche! x.X

Fast_Freddy 05-11-2014 12:42 AM

The EL header looks exactly like the Agency Power header but with nicer looking welds.





http://d2o6m1gd01wdhi.cloudfront.net/p_APFRS175.JPG

Fett4Real 05-11-2014 12:57 AM

They look similar In that they're 4-2-1 but the runner paths are not the same...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

zdr93523 05-11-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fooddude (Post 1728981)
Wow..subaru tomei header for $711?! lol

I guess we'd maybe already have estimates to what they are capable of, since they've been out for a minute for the wrx's and such.

The decision will be what your want to sound like - a boxer or a honda/evo. ...I think I'd choose boxer..because porsche! x.X

I'm not sure I understand your analogy. UEL is inefficient, EL is tuned. Porsches are boxers with EL and they sound nothing like the garbage burble of a WRX.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

ProjectD 05-11-2014 01:13 AM

definitely subbed for more info. im guessing it will also be one of the lighter, if not lightest Headers to date?

zdr93523 05-11-2014 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectD (Post 1729013)
definitely subbed for more info. im guessing it will also be one of the lighter, if not lightest Headers to date?

It is very light, but didn't have anything to compare it to at the time.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Dr. BRZ 05-11-2014 02:33 AM

I want to know the weight of these! Since their exhaust are feather light!

Fett4Real 05-11-2014 02:56 AM

It's not titanium if that's what you mean I picked up the uel and it was normal in weight compared to a header of equal size.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Fast_Freddy 05-11-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fett4Real (Post 1728997)
They look similar In that they're 4-2-1 but the runner paths are not the same...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk


Now that you mention it they are slightly different.

fooddude 05-11-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zdr93523 (Post 1729010)
I'm not sure I understand your analogy. UEL is inefficient, EL is tuned. Porsches are boxers with EL and they sound nothing like the garbage burble of a WRX.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Ah, didn't know the porsche had EL.

I know nothing about porsche and what parts it uses. All I know it's a boxer and 6cy and sounds unique when I hear them on the streets, lol. How should I know?..since I'm not a rich person and don't research cars I will never own. I was just assuming haha. :bonk:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.