Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   FA20Club Up Pipe (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55840)

Coheed 01-16-2014 09:24 PM

Wow, their reputation is taking a serious pounding right now. I wonder what happened? Could they just not keep up with demand?

It seems like anyone who I've debated ordering from has been having some troubles. First Visconti, and now FA20Club.

I hope they get their stuff together. A reputation is really important to a shop like this.

woode 01-16-2014 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nelsmar (Post 1456950)
If he is using Toni p's fre tube that comes with the kit it us about the same quality as the welds. There is a reason the tune is free...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/...c1_RvRCCcRtVQg

You should have seen it at partial throttle in boost... 15-17afr. :x

Definitely not. I was trying to get a base map out of him, but decided to just get it tuned correctly immediately after installing the turbo this weekend.

woode 01-16-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coheed (Post 1457023)
Wow, their reputation is taking a serious pounding right now. I wonder what happened? Could they just not keep up with demand?

It seems like anyone who I've debated ordering from has been having some troubles. First Visconti, and now FA20Club.

I hope they get their stuff together. A reputation is really important to a shop like this.

I don't know what happened, but playing with peoples money like this is like playing with fire. :mad0260:

xjohnx 01-16-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woode (Post 1457046)
I don't know what happened, but playing with peoples money like this is like playing with fire. :mad0260:

playing with fire, you say?

lbroskee 01-16-2014 09:40 PM

so weird. seems lil most locals are having the least issues. i just looked at my kit and def looks better (no holes for sure)

woode 01-16-2014 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lbroskee (Post 1457056)
so weird. seems lil most locals are having the least issues. i just looked at my kit and def looks better (no holes for sure)

I would bet that he hired a new welder or a new company to contract his welds out to. I can't believe that he would allow his name to go on garbage like this.

My dog has taken shits that look prettier than his welds.

lbroskee 01-16-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woode (Post 1457060)
I would bet that he hired a new welder or a new company to contract his welds out to. I can't believe that he would allow his name to go on garbage like this.

My dog has taken shits that look prettier than his welds.

not gonna disagree. those are pretty ugly on mine too, but all the visables (everything that is covered under powder coat option) looks pretty good. yes it's covered, but u'd still notice if it was that uneven. the only defense for it i have is, this is the cheapest kit so i wudnt expect quality of say a perrin product weld that is more expensive (not turbo exclusive obviously)

Ralph Spoilsport 01-16-2014 09:52 PM

No one does work like that under contract for more than one shipment.

Business to business is pretty much always on credit and when you ship shit like this you don't get paid. Some asshole did "work" like this for me and I would not even pay shipping. I'd tell him "your shit's on my dock, get it the fuck off before I start charging you storage".

Stainless is easy to weld. I got better (way better) results the first time I picked up a tig torch.

woode 01-16-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph Spoilsport (Post 1457090)
Stainless is easy to weld. I got better (way better) results the first time I picked up a tig torch.

I was going to mention this. When I started fixing the welds, the metal is dumb easy to weld on. It is thick, quality, clean stainless steel. I was effortlessly making quality beads.. I don't understand how he managed to fuck it away so badly.

ciro 01-16-2014 10:06 PM

It looks like someone was welding aluminum before they started that item and got it all messed up until the second half or you got a test piece for when the welder was adjusting temps. Either way thats unacceptable quality. Sorry for your luck but this is a good thread to show how companies run there business.

swift996 01-16-2014 10:07 PM

I got a FA20Club front pipe, the outlet to the midpipe was half crooked oval/half circle. Took 6 weeks and about 14 PMs to get the workable gasket I was promised. In all fairness Toni offered to replace it but yeah, I'm not too surprised. I don't know how anyone could think it should be shipped out.

nelsmar 01-16-2014 10:13 PM

I like how @King Tut is banned her this thread exists. >.<

This forum is turning into bad vendors... And silenced people. *sigh*

Sorry you've been having such a hard time woode. :(

phloozy 01-16-2014 10:46 PM

What happened to king tut?

edit: man im off the forums for 1 winter and shit is backwards!

Ralph Spoilsport 01-16-2014 10:55 PM

He made fun of a vendor.