Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   6000K or 8000K HIDs? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53887)

trigger happy 12-20-2013 10:49 PM

Between the two of get 6000k

Frs123 12-21-2013 09:22 PM

Is there any way to adjust the bulb to face it more downward, I'm also low and I still get people flashing there High beam at me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew025 12-21-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frs123 (Post 1405228)
Is there any way to adjust the bulb to face it more downward, I'm also low and I still get people flashing there High beam at me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, go back to a bulb that's meant for the housing.

Poodles 12-22-2013 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbradley (Post 1400504)
6000K looks closest to the OEM color on my old TSX. Have them on both my vehicles.

The look truly HID without being overly colored.


Because your old TSX bulbs are old and have aged. They turn blue as they age (and they also lose a lot of output)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics (Post 1400810)
Modern is a fairly subjective term, don't get too upset about it.

4300K is the most common OEM temperature, but some people don't like the straight white color it produces
6000K is the most popular temperature

It's not ignorance, it's "modern" in my opinion

Nick C.


Don't like to argue with vendors, but just because it's popular doesn't mean it's "modern." When it comes to HID, it IS pure ignorance and it's why so many blue glare monsters roam the roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMarinakos (Post 1401025)
My diodes:
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t.../IMG_5532.jpeg

took pic with my phone so not the best picture, but they look good imo.


They look greenish blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by CircuitJerk (Post 1401229)
You will also get some variance in color temp from one manufacturer to another. Especially when you go the cheap route.
I find that 4300K is not actually a pure white and will have a slight yellow tint. This will also be evident when comparing it side by side with a 5000K or 6000K (In person).

I've typically purchased the 6000K kits, but over the years, I prefer a 5000K color temp. It just seems a little more mature. To each their own.

I purchased a cheap interim kit for now, but the Morimoto Elite kit is on my wish list for next season.


You did use the right term, "mature." As the bulbs break in and mature they shift a bit and lose the yellowish of a brand new 4300K.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Frs123 (Post 1405228)
Is there any way to adjust the bulb to face it more downward, I'm also low and I still get people flashing there High beam at me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'm guessing you either bought a really crap kit that doesn't have the bulbs in the right spot, don't have them installed correctly, or didn't mess with the squirrel finders and you're glaring people to death. Lowering your headlights would just make you not able to see, which would be pointless when that's the whole point of a headlight...

MrMarinakos 12-22-2013 01:42 AM

@Poodles no they don't look green at all

wbradley 12-22-2013 06:54 AM

[QUOTE=Poodles;1405517]Because your old TSX bulbs are old and have aged. They turn blue as they age (and they also lose a lot of output)]

Actually I had the car from brand new and kept it approx 3 years.

Vincenttam 12-29-2013 03:25 AM

If it was up to me i would want my car to look like this http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/galle...lueEIT171A.jpg But because of california laws and them legally taking from my wallet if i go slightly out of line, i think ill just get some 6kks.

woode 12-29-2013 08:44 AM

I don't understand the obsession with intentionally diminishing your light output that some people have.. the only thing worse than anything over 6000k color is the people who put them in non-projector housings.

4300k has my vote. I had a 5000k and 4300k bulb in each side of my wife's lexus as testing like a year ago and the 4300k clearly illuminated better. Yah, the 5000k looked "whiter" and I guess from the front was brighter sort of.. but as far as actually lighting up the road and seeing - 4300k.

Andrew025 12-29-2013 08:52 AM

Bcuz its koo d00d
Hatas gun hate



I personally think the blue light makes the cars look cheap and ghetto.
I couldn't imagine staring at everything being blue while driving either.

Diode Dynamics 12-30-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poodles (Post 1405517)
They look greenish blue

You need to calibrate your monitor, perhaps.

Pete156 12-30-2013 01:32 PM

Don't look at the K, instead look for the LUMENS output (at least 3000) on the specific bulbs you are purchasing. They will be the safest product for you and your oncoming traffic IMHO.

iamhubert 04-29-2016 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMarinakos (Post 1401025)
My diodes:
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/t.../IMG_5532.jpeg

took pic with my phone so not the best picture, but they look good imo.

Are these 8000k or 6000k diodes?

NahumCC 04-29-2016 09:42 PM

Looks like 6k. That's what the switchbacks come as.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Wacko 05-01-2016 11:41 AM

http://i.imgur.com/6fheBmr.jpg

Diode Dynamics 8000k HIDs

Love the look personally


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.