Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Washing your car in the Winter. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51414)

infinite012 12-18-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1380492)

So, I actually went ahead and bought this stuff. Just received it today from autogeek, but the damn bottle neck is cracked (fluid was leaking out of the crack...) and the bottle was dented, so I'm not too happy about that.

subwaynm 12-18-2013 01:52 AM

I use Omni waterless products to wash my car and have for years and love the results.
Mix in a spray bottle and use a few microfiber clothes and easy job. I also use their tire gel.
Auto Geek carries it and amazon also

ZionsWrath 12-18-2013 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite012 (Post 1397194)
So, I actually went ahead and bought this stuff. Just received it today from autogeek, but the damn bottle neck is cracked (fluid was leaking out of the crack...) and the bottle was dented, so I'm not too happy about that.

Damn. All the autogeek packages i get are bulletproof. Filled to the brim with packing peanuts. Im sure theyll replace it if you call them.

Im planning to use mine saturday. Will take some pics.

infinite012 12-18-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1397383)
Damn. All the autogeek packages i get are bulletproof. Filled to the brim with packing peanuts. Im sure theyll replace it if you call them.

Im planning to use mine saturday. Will take some pics.

Called them and they're sending a new 1 liter bottle free of charge :happyanim:

I also get to keep the broken bottle, so I used it to pre-wash my car today. Ended up doing the following: Citrus Power (this stuff srsly works, even with a regular garden hose + sprayer nozzle), wash, clay, wash, polish using Meg's Ultimate Compound, seal with Sonax Polymer Netshield.

Results = Yum.

ZionsWrath 12-18-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite012 (Post 1398847)
Called them and they're sending a new 1 liter bottle free of charge :happyanim:

I also get to keep the broken bottle, so I used it to pre-wash my car today. Ended up doing the following: Citrus Power (this stuff srsly works, even with a regular garden hose + sprayer nozzle), wash, clay, wash, polish using Meg's Ultimate Compound, seal with Sonax Polymer Netshield.

Results = Yum.

Pics or it didn't happen

infinite012 12-18-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZionsWrath (Post 1399127)
Pics or it didn't happen

No pics since I'm at work and I'm not allowed to have a camera/camera phone. And it's pitch black outside.

chenshuo 12-19-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cjymiller (Post 1333702)
What's winter?

Regards,

California.

Winter is white christmas, where kids go out and build snowman, roll in the snow to make snow angel, have snow fights. Winter is when you get that white layer on the green christmas trees and have christmas lights reflect in the snow.

Winter is where you find a big empty snow dusted parking lot and do donuts in the BRZ.

zc06_kisstherain 12-20-2013 10:28 AM

I usually dont wash in winter. and dont drive when snowing or salts on the road

FLYFISHR 12-20-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chenshuo (Post 1401283)
Winter is where you find a big empty snow dusted parking lot and do donuts in the BRZ.

Or if you are Alex Tagliani you do croissants. (from Cart/Champcar days):party0030:

Apex-Wolf 12-21-2013 12:07 AM

Well In SoCal winter is pretty much like a slightly colder summer so... the same thing I do in summer.

RojerLockless 12-25-2013 09:35 PM

Being from Texas I don't have to worry about it. However I would just grab a detailer spray and every night wipe the car down with that. Should work just fine.

HunterGreene 12-26-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RojerLockless (Post 1411723)
Being from Texas I don't have to worry about it. However I would just grab a detailer spray and every night wipe the car down with that. Should work just fine.

Yeah, you have no idea how much crap can collect on a car even in a single winter day. You'd need a full washerload of microfiber towels to make sure you didn't end up scratching the car.

Its better to just allow the crud to sit on the car (believe it or not, it doesn't affect the paint that much as long as you clear it off once a month).

RojerLockless 12-27-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterGreene (Post 1412660)
Yeah, you have no idea how much crap can collect on a car even in a single winter day. You'd need a full washerload of microfiber towels to make sure you didn't end up scratching the car.

Its better to just allow the crud to sit on the car (believe it or not, it doesn't affect the paint that much as long as you clear it off once a month).

:barf:

God Bless Texas :wub::wub:

Wolfking 12-27-2013 06:20 AM

I use a do it yourself, spray jet car wash. Basically just to remove the salty road film. There will be no waxing until the salt trucks stop rolling!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.