Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   When do you reset the Avg MPG? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25877)

foxhu 01-12-2013 01:05 PM

I am guessing you guys are at country side and having 30+ mpgs. I only have 20- in city. trying to see if it goes up to 25 as they said that brz mpg 25 city 35 highway. still trying to believe that.

FT86Dubai 01-12-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 651268)
I never reset the computer on my last vehicle over 289K miles.

Whats was your last vehicle? :confused0068:

Dadhawk 01-12-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT86Dubai (Post 660804)
Whats was your last vehicle? :confused0068:

2000 Chevy Astro. It was my second one. I had a 1989 that I drove for 252K miles. So between them, I literally drove enough miles to travel to the moon and back. Ironically, the 2000 died on the way back from the airport after the First 86 Long Beach trip. Details here. Personally, I think she was heartbroken knowing I planned to put her on injured reserve.

Chauntalei 01-12-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxhu (Post 660800)
I am guessing you guys are at country side and having 30+ mpgs. I only have 20- in city. trying to see if it goes up to 25 as they said that brz mpg 25 city 35 highway. still trying to believe that.

Do you have the auto, or MT? Fuel numbers for the auto are 25/34/28, the MT is 22/30/25. So if you're getting 20 city with the MT, you're just a shade below EPA numbers, which is normal.

fatoni 01-12-2013 07:54 PM

just leave it alone. its easy to just calculate what you get per tank to see if there is a trend happening but its not too easy to calculate average mpg. let the computer do the hard work. if you are curious, do some simple math when you pump gas.

jmaryt 01-12-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelahess (Post 656270)
Yup, I use it to show how much I've saved by paying off a few years early, makes me feel better about the whole depreciation thing!

ya get kicked in the as* too much! it's why the ONLY way to stay ahead of it is to hold on to 'em forever,if ya can,or the other alternative,is to just buy "short money" "rats" that ya can keep on the road for as long as possible,and as cheaply as possible! gotta say it's a genuine "sucker's game" always HAS been,always WILL be!..just sayin'

mezdup 01-12-2013 10:29 PM

i reset it every time i feel like it's getting too low

FT86Dubai 01-12-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadhawk (Post 661024)
2000 Chevy Astro. It was my second one. I had a 1989 that I drove for 252K miles. So between them, I literally drove enough miles to travel to the moon and back. Ironically, the 2000 died on the way back from the airport after the First 86 Long Beach trip. Details here. Personally, I think she was heartbroken knowing I planned to put her on injured reserve.

This shows how well built it was and probably how well it was looked after. I hope I can keep my ft86 for that long.

DBacon1052 01-13-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neziah (Post 651419)
I reset it after every fill up, not sure why since I don't really pay any attention to it. LOL

haha me too

michaelahess 01-13-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmaryt (Post 661481)
ya get kicked in the as* too much! it's why the ONLY way to stay ahead of it is to hold on to 'em forever,if ya can,or the other alternative,is to just buy "short money" "rats" that ya can keep on the road for as long as possible,and as cheaply as possible! gotta say it's a genuine "sucker's game" always HAS been,always WILL be!..just sayin'

Yup, then reality strikes and various things happen, stolen cars, idiots hitting you and totally your car, kids (minivan), older kids (no minivan!!!!) that sort of thing. Believe me, I buy to keep, the world just may not agree with my plans.

jmaryt 01-13-2013 03:27 AM

understood! life happens! it's why i'm all done buying f**king cars! bought too many over a life time,and ALWAYS got screwed.one would think at my age,i would have understood that,AND learned from it, BUT here i am,wanting to do it one last time.(brz/frs) a glutton for punishment,and a gotdamn fool who is supposed to know better! lookin' to "steal" one right now while winter is upon us. this IS it! i'm all in,i'm done! stick a fork in me,i'm cooked!..just sayin!

Mo707 01-13-2013 03:28 AM

24.7mpg

Jaylyons1 01-13-2013 09:56 AM

Never. That thing isn't accurate anyway. I use my AccuFuel app and Fuelly to calculate how I'm driving.

BRZfan 01-15-2013 10:59 PM

Good grief, you have to ask the question??? Use it any time you damn well please. Use your imagination. Make a decision.. did you really need help on how to use it?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.