Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   calling ya local dealer (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2407)

Nardi330 12-04-2011 04:17 AM

No worries man. Maybe there will be a few people from your local area and you can buy together. Buying a few cars together will pretty much guaranteed good deals!!

JDM-20L 12-04-2011 05:09 AM

hello 1st post. :)

Seems like some of you are getting the mad run around from your stealerships?

If it helps, I have made my pre-order and placed a deposit on a Silver 6MT 86 through Sydney City Toyota.

They cannot tell you too much right now but have indicated to me a price of $38K + ORC if you are not happy with the costing once its released to them, you can pull the pin on your order and get a full refund.

Hope this helps!

cheers

Nardi330 12-04-2011 05:52 AM

Wow already? At this stage I don't think any dealer knows the pricing and spec yet.

Given the amout of Bne members here maybe we can organize a group buy??

PuGZoR 12-04-2011 06:03 AM

That sounds like a good idea. Dealership that can give the best deal for a lot of 5-10 cars wins, haha.

Nardi330 12-04-2011 06:08 AM

Is 5+ cars considered fleet?

Nambo 12-04-2011 06:14 AM

Cheers PuGZor & Nardi330 for the helpful hints!

Would putting a deposit down, hurt negotiating as they know you're ready to commit?

Contemplating whether to put a deposit down or not. :happy0180:

FT-86 12-04-2011 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 90106)

Given the amout of Bne members here maybe we can organize a group buy??

Hey Nardi, when the car is close to release in Australia, you should create a new thread for all the BNE buyers and get a group buy.
I for one will definitely be getting one.
Its just a matter of what spec is on offer at what price.

st162celica 12-04-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT-86 (Post 90125)
Hey Nardi, when the car is close to release in Australia, you should create a new thread for all the BNE buyers and get a group buy.
I for one will definitely be getting one.
Its just a matter of what spec is on offer at what price.

I feel left out ! No sydney buyers. !

Nardi330 12-04-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nambo (Post 90119)
Cheers PuGZor & Nardi330 for the helpful hints!

Would putting a deposit down, hurt negotiating as they know you're ready to commit?

Contemplating whether to put a deposit down or not. :happy0180:

Most if not all dealers won't start negotiating unless u show geninue interest in signing at the spot. If u are serious in doing a deal u make damn sure to tell them that u will sign and give a deposit today at this price. Unless the price is way off then they will most likely say yes or tell u that it's close but u will need to raise a little (most likely a few hundreds). At this point u can either raise a little or walk out and try a different dealer.

Usually I will walk out for the first dealer I visited as now I have an idea what the price will approximately be (give or take a few hundreds). I will then visit or call another dealer. Tell them that I have just visited a dealer but I didn't like the deal and I will buy at the above failed price and see if they can do it. if they won't then it's likely to be just a little too low so u might just have to raise it. I will also tell them that I have lots of spare time and I am happy to travel to other dealers around the city. U might also want to try some dealer that are further away from the city as their volume is generally is lower and might be more eager to do deals.

Remember to get a good deal, be prepared to spend a little time and efforts. There are lots of little tricks they may use and u need to know what u are doing. Good luck!!

Nardi330 12-04-2011 07:09 AM

Yeah man. Group buy for Bne ppl closer to release!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by st162celica (Post 90129)
I feel left out ! No sydney buyers. !

U can join us if u want. The dealer can organize a temp Rego for u so u can fly up and drive it back home and Rego the car in NSW. U will have a great time and the car has run-in when u got back lol

Nambo 12-04-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 90134)
Remember to get a good deal, be prepared to spend a little time and efforts. There are lots of little tricks they may use and u need to know what u are doing. Good luck!!

Cheers for the tips Nardi! :thumbsup:
Would it be better to wait for the price announcement from Toyota before making a deposit?

Nardi330 12-04-2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nambo (Post 90142)
Cheers for the tips Nardi! :thumbsup:
Would it be better to wait for the price announcement from Toyota before making a deposit?

Personally I wouldn't but it doesn't really matter either way as long as u can get your deposit back if u r unhappy once the final price and spec is released. To me it's a little hard to negotiate when u have already paid a deposit......

JDM-20L 12-04-2011 04:52 PM

I can't see Toyota cutting deals of any sorts inside the first 6 months or perhaps more... they don't need to if the demand is outweighing the supply.

FYI when I put in my pre order on the weekend they report having 30~ other pre orders as well... I can only see that number growing in time.

Nardi330 12-04-2011 06:54 PM

i don't need the car right at launch (although i want lol) so i'm not in a real hurry to get the first batch.

who knows what would happen with the global economy in 6mths time and what the demand/supply will be like.